• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed JackAss.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Ed30
I often agree with you Doberry but I think you are way off the mark on this one. Realistically 50-75K.

If his traffic is what he says it is (which I think it probably is), I would agree with you. 50-75K at the moment is a fair price to the RIGHT buyer.

The question is why sell it if you don't need the money? Looks like elequa has it pointed to his MP3.tv site which is a smart move with the kind traffic the domain is bringing in.

A person that has enough money that he doesn't need more, likes only one thing: Marketshare. The extra eyeballs going to MP3.tv will give him just that.

good luck elequa! As a republican I really wish you'd create a parody site based on the drivels of certain "jack ass" democrats!! :D

izopod
 
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Don't know if there will be a trademark problem or channel 4 or Paramount will try it on with a bad faith law suit

But ...... maybe its only good for the movie / tv programme at the end of the day... yes you could say its a generic name - but you say "jackass" to anyone in the UK and they instantly think of the tv show

traffic alone worth having though - they could say they are losing out on this traffic to the official site

£2000


I dont think they want to sue me cuz they know I can keep up with them and win + I need the free ad. :-)
 
Good point elequa. I would try to get them to sue me. The publicity would drive tens of thousands more to the web site! I also do not think they could win.
 
Jackass will be back with many more sequels to come, it won't be dead in 6 months, it will be back next year bigger and more outrageous. They will push the envelope even further next year and the public will eat it up. If you can hold on for a year you'll really clean up with traffic this year, and a super big sale next year, just like Austin Powers.

Don
 
elequa is a billionaire. he don't even want to sell it at $1 million. :D


well, be more realistic here! Is there any recent sale of over $500,000 for a domain? NO!

the dot com hype was gone. MTV would only spend $2 - 40,000 maximum for this name or else they'll sue JackAss.com to get press release and public recognition of their official web site. it's cheaper this way, because the press will release the new to millions of people (free ads for a legal fee).

The management who bought this name over $100,000 might get in trouble with shareholder/stakeholder. They won't take risk now. Job is not easy to find.
 
I also think if you had JackAss.com e-mail address's available for people, "EVERY" kid in the country would be scrambling to get one! Imagine the publicity you could trigger with [email protected] as your e-mail address for posting editorials. You could e-mail O'Rielly and tell him you reserved his name for him, it would grow.

Don
 
Originally posted by dkny
elequa is a billionaire. he don't even want to sell it at $1 million. :D

A thought that took almost a week to emerge from the worrying thing that is my subconcious:

If I was a billionaire I wouldn't spend all day buying domains... I'd be sunning myself on a beach, being massaged by a dozen nubile nymphets.

Well, I guess, maybe he is sitting on a beach... just has a laptop and a wireless network.
 
Bump for is actual :)
 
The Response states that the Respondent currently intends to use the disputed domain name for a website about donkeys. A number of draft web pages for a proposed, soon-to-be-released website about donkeys were exhibited in the Response. The Panel does not find this convincing. The Respondent offered no explanation as to why it has taken approximately 4 years to launch the donkey website. The Respondent also made no effort to explain why it suddenly wishes to operate a website promoting donkeys, and what benefit it will receive from pursuing this course of action.

:lol::lol::lol:


$75K - $100K Nice name
 
Awesome domain, too bad you can only promote donkeys.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom