Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Jpegz.com 250K Visits monthly & growing. Offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberbulk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My phone number is 19193492505 for anyone with questions about this matter.

In early February of this year, I bid approximately $650 for the website, Jpegz.com, on auction at eBay. The bid did not meet the reserve, nor was I high bidder. I contacted the seller in March inquiring about the status of the website. The seller, Grey Cooper of Cyberbulk Internet, informed me the site was still available for sale, and that it generated $1000.00 a month in profit. The asking price was $9000. I proceeded to ask the seller some questions and made an offer of $4000. We eventually agreed upon $4500, with $3000 paid through Escrow.com and $1500 paid through PayPal.com.

After the initial escrow.com payment, a window of 2 months passed before another $300 was sent via paypal along with promises of the remainder 'any day now'. Another two-weeks and you 'respectfully' ask if I would take back the website and refund your money.

The transaction was then set up with the online escrow company, Escrow.com. After the funds were transferred to Escrow.com, the seller gave me control of the site and supposedly transferred ownership to me. Everything seemed to be legitimate so Escrow.com released the funds to the seller. Soon after releasing the funds, click-through traffic on the advertising on the website dropped to almost nothing.

This website has decent traffic which you had caused to plummet with your decision to disallow ALL non-hentai/toon content and completely change the design and the script. You can go back throught the alexa information to see that the website gets nice traffic. I have recently had issues with changing nameservers, using two sets now, and the Alexatraffic is climbing back to it's normal position; I posted about this issue. I have no need to lie and anyone who runs a freehost knows that driving large amounts of Japanese and Asian traffic (the primary traffic base) is not an issue, it's monetizing it that can be tricky.

It became painfully apparent the seller lied about traffic details of the website. I requested a refund from the seller on June 6. At this point, the seller seized control and ownership of the website that I had mistakenly assumed was under my control and ownership. Shocked by this action, I began investigating domain name transfer protocols and discovered that website owners have the ability to reacquire control and ownership of any website in their possession for a period of 60 days after the initial transfer.

I have all of the emails Colby. You stated clearly that you did not have a need for the domain to be under your contact information at the time. With Escrow.com, both individuals MUST agree to terms before they allow the transaction to complete. I took a chance with the remainder of the funds, which as it happens, I never received. Additionally, you never paid the entire amount Colby, remember? I did give you working control of a turn-key business, generating nearly $300 per month at the time, for which you had not completed payment. Since you overhauled the site, profits have suffered a bit.

As of this writing, 12.27.06 nearly 7 months since surreptitiously reacquiring (and profiting from) ownership of the website, Cyberbulk Internet (Grey Cooper) has paid back $0 of the $3300 stolen from me.

It's "Cyberbulk Internet Services" registered business name. Recently, I have been under the assumption you were in agreement about your 'refund' as per our last email contact. I have been in contact with the Attorney General's office thus far. Slander is neither necessary nor appreciated.

Also, here's the three year Alexa ranking info... This website very easily gather s large traffic numbers. The larger peaks are from a time when I was using two servers. http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=Jpegz.com

Domain summit 2024

Wise

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As always, there are two sides to a story, and we always tend to forget that in the world of business away from the internet we would never carry out transactions like this in the way we do.

Hopefully you will both get this sorted out.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So 250,000 visitors per month is 3 million per year. If I'm doing my math correctly, a $6,000 purchase price would make it .002 or two tenths of a penny per annual visitor.

If traffic is selling for less than 2 cents per annual visitor, I start to get suspicious that it's not real traffic. If it's selling for two tenths of a penny per annual visitor, we need to immediately start court-martial proceedings against that member. Two tenths of a penny is RPM of 2. I believe you can get RPM of 4 or more just with pop-unders. So placing this at DS and not getting a single click would return your investment in 6 months. Just one of those things that sounds to good to be true...and is.

Would like to know how this came out as well.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:cool: thats a site with massive traffic.....whats the situation now ?

erix

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Injustice is not permitted !!!

---
Injustice is not permitted !!!

-

cyberbulk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks erix,

I'd share similar feelings. As for this business matter however, It is currently being worked out between Colby and myself.

And Colby, you have quite possibly cost me enough money with your postings here. Please keep them to pm as we have been doing recently.

erix

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are seen to God.

God saves you

-

cyberbulk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For all interested parties and inquirers, Colby and I have been speaking via pm. He has always been quite cordial and It seems we may have come to a mutually satisfactory agreement. I will keep you posted.

Grey

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know who is right and who is wrong, and I think will never find out it , but I know one thing 100% that Cyberbulk will not be able to sell jpegz.com on this forum.

IMO

mxzsleds

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why is this thread still open?

cyberbulk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Colby and I have officially reached an agreement and I've asked his permission to post this notice. The terms are roughly as follows:

Colby will make final payment for the domain and I will transfer the domain to him, turning control over to him at the registrar level.

He understands, that this will give him complete control and ownership of the name.

We find this arrangement satisfactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators