Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question Just questions

This is a general or domain name related question.

x4domains

Level 2
Reaction score
1. Has anyone sold anything here?
2. Is paid promotion needed for sales , in general and every market?
3. What is more valuable , a random 4 - 5 letter com domain like ier3.com or a 2-word meaningful domain ?

Domain summit 2024

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
3. What is more valuable , a random 4 - 5 letter com domain like ier3.com or a 2-word meaningful domain ?
By paid promotion do you mean "commission", "flat fee" or both? Personally I wouldn't pay anyone a flat fee, but I'd pay a decent commission of say up to 25% if only the broker/seller has a decent sell through rate.

With regards to what's more valuable, it depends. Having been self employed all my life, at least for me, I'd say a "2-word meaningful domain is more valuable. Much of it depends on a multitude of variables surrounding the domain. I happen to be very familiar with the healthcare industry, the financial services industry, the real estate industry and sports and entertainment. Recently I hand registered a domain TossUpSports.com that I plan on introducing it to both the "Sports World" and the "Gambling World" Personally i believe it has a lot of value for a lot of reasons. Few traditional domainers will see in it what I see in it but few domainers have the sort of experience that I have.

Good Luck👍

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally sold many domains here, if you have domains that sell then you can sell it here or anywhere.

No, it's free forum nothing like paid membership here currently

It's very hard to tell.

x4domains

Level 2
Reaction score
By paid promotion do you mean "commission", "flat fee" or both? Personally I wouldn't pay anyone a flat fee, but I'd pay a decent commission of say up to 25% if only the broker/seller has a decent sell through rate.

With regards to what's more valuable, it depends. Having been self employed all my life, at least for me, I'd say a "2-word meaningful domain is more valuable. Much of it depends on a multitude of variables surrounding the domain. I happen to be very familiar with the healthcare industry, the financial services industry, the real estate industry and sports and entertainment. Recently I hand registered a domain TossUpSports.com that I plan on introducing it to both the "Sports World" and the "Gambling World" Personally i believe it has a lot of value for a lot of reasons. Few traditional domainers will see in it what I see in it but few domainers have the sort of experience that I have.

Good Luck👍
Thanks , for the advertisement i meant paid GoDaddy and sedo featured / premium advantages or afternic broker services , perhaps flippa paid submissions etc .
Because I was thinking yes you can list any domain on them but if nobody sees you what's the point and I think they make that kinda obvious

x4domains

Level 2
Reaction score
I personally sold many domains here, if you have domains that sell then you can sell it here or anywhere.

No, it's free forum nothing like paid membership here currently

It's very hard to tell.
Hopefully anything can sell since I believe we are on an era that web is more dead than ever lol
How do you compare 1638.com (example) vs premiumtourist.com (and the second one is available to register for 12$ something rn)

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Thanks , for the advertisement i meant paid GoDaddy and sedo featured / premium advantages or afternic broker services , perhaps flippa paid submissions etc .
Because I was thinking yes you can list any domain on them but if nobody sees you what's the point and I think they make that kinda obvious
"you can list any domain on them but if nobody sees you what's the point" Yes, my point exactly. However you'll find some pretty good stuff here; https://domaininvesting.com/jen-sale-on-how-to-sell-domain-names-wholesale/
I'm not a big fan of Jen Sale and i'm sure the feeling is mutual, but she knows there's a better way.

I've known for years THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY, and I believe with a little help and a few investment dollars (less than 100K), i may be just the one to do it....to the extent I sound cocky, confident and self assured I have reason to be;) At 75 years young and loving a challenge like I do, there's many millions of dollars to be made in this business, but traditional old fashion domaining isn't the way to do it. Attached is a story about me making a "Hole in One", but the rest of the story has me making a second "Hole in One" on the very same hole 10 months after I made my first one. Adding to the story, i pretty much suck at Golf (i'm a 24 handicap).

I doubt you see the analogy here, but the important thing is that i do:D⛳

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hopefully anything can sell since I believe we are on an era that web is more dead than ever lol
How do you compare 1638.com (example) vs premiumtourist.com (and the second one is available to register for 12$ something rn)
Check Namebio .com

You will see for how 4N .com are selling.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you compare 1638.com (example) vs premiumtourist.com
Hi

because you obviously came in the game late, then you don't know how "4 number/com" became valuable.
the value is in it's rarity and demand that occurred over time
as at one time, back in the 2000's, such names were available to register, just like 'premiumtourist.com" is today.

since you cannot register ANY 4 number.com, then their value is obviously more than a domain that is currently "unregistered".

BTW: premiumtourist is not a valued keyword combination.

imo...

x4domains

Level 2
Reaction score
Hi

because you obviously came in the game late, then you don't know how "4 number/com" became valuable.
the value is in it's rarity and demand that occurred over time
as at one time, back in the 2000's, such names were available to register, just like 'premiumtourist.com" is today.

since you cannot register ANY 4 number.com, then their value is obviously more than a domain that is currently "unregistered".

BTW: premiumtourist is not a valued keyword combination.

imo...
I understand that those went really up in value just like bitcoin was in 2011 , it makes sense.
Do you think it'll happen the same with 4 letters .com or 4 letters + numbers combination .com ?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators