Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

L-L-L.com Available List, 10100 registered 7476 Available 218 premium left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How long before all N-N-N are gone? I give it two months now.

tend to agree. i should get a couple more. only have 3
think these will be the first traded too, particularly amongst our asian friends as the NNN are now.
However i see more sales from endusers coming from L-L-L

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im tempted to pick up an N-N-N or two based on what you guys are saying, but i'm still not sold.

will there be that much of a demand for these? what would someone use an N-N-N for? can you make money parking these?

sorry for all the questions, but i just dont understand their value? is there inherent value or just the value of supply and demand once they are all taken?

i know of only one N-N-N sold for $100, other than that don't know of any recent sales. other than obvious numbers like 6-6-6, 7-7-7, 1-2-3, or 1-0-1, 7-4-7 etc. ... i look at other numbers like 3-3-4, 5-5-0, 6-5-6, 8-8-9 and don't see the difference. what are you looking for? (eg. google results for 334? or google results for 3-3-4? overture results for 334? or overture results for 3-3-4? etc. )

for example, last night i was looking at 4-0-1 thinking 401(k), that might be worth something, but also thinking ... eh... then i just checked and i noticed its been taken since last night lol. did i fudge not taking this one? i just didnt think 4-0-1 would get any traffic from people typing in 401k, did i goof on this one?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
401 would have been a nice grab.

It helps if the numbers have some meaning or high results in google/overture. Bottom line is that .com is the best, and there are only 1000 possible N-N-N .com in existence. Numbers are also used all over the world, unlike the ASCII alphabet. I also think n-n-n is better than nn-n or n-nn because it's an easier pattern to recognize and take in.

Part of the value will be in their rarity, and domainers trading them back and forth, but that's like anything else that's scarce, it just has more value.

LLL.info, LLL.biz and NNN.ca were at one time readily available to anyone to reg, then in all cases one entity came in and regged the remainder in one shot.

I think thats what will happen to N-N-N.com, it would be nothing for a big domainer or domain company to reg 600 names in one shot, and then the value for them automatically goes up higher than reg fee.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow! outstanding and well written article sevent.

HugeGrowth, and everyone else, i'd like to say thanks for all the advice, it has been really helpful.

i decided to grab the one other n-n-n i had my eyes on last night. 1-5-3. if you're not sure why check this out Curious Properties of 153 a great # imo. :approve: ;)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
W is a Premium letter :yes:

World, Web , Work etc

I followed the guidelines from 3character.com:
General concensus states that the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T are considered premium letters. Other lesser high quality letters include: J, K, U, V, W. Lower quality letters include: Q, X, Y, Z.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I followed the guidelines from 3character.com:

They're quite right, apart from the 'W'
we're allowed to think for ourselves :smilewinkgrin: LOL

W is premium, without a doubt, even if you just take the examples i cited

I'm glad not everyone realises as i picked up even more

It's all swings & roundabouts
I regged Q-R-E for the simple reason if you're selling Real Estate in Queensland. It's a pretty BIG place. It may in time to come have some endusers or developers wanting it while a 3 letter premium sits on the side for years.
The beauty is, apart from qxz etc , there are stacks of potental endusers for each & every one.
Also stacks of already developed sites, that's why, despite the hyphens i rate these higher than LLLL, by a long chalk, even if they're only selling for regfee at the moment.
I sold one to an enduser for $1500, i plan to selll many more.
I think they're prime things to offer endusers too, no brainers if they have a long company address consisting of 3 words etc.

Of course cvcv etc & brandable words are nice in LLLL, not saying they're not

replic8te

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, really good stuff.

cheers,
Mike

xchanger

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got a bunch as well. I think its a great investment for $6.
I think whoever owns the LLL.com should get the L-L-L version just to protect their brand so to speak, it comes up on google as if you would type in LLL. Great thing, I am looking to buy more.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good points about the L-L-L.COM matching up with LLL.com. Any additional traffic would be welcomed traffic.

But, I also want to point out that the post regrading "premium" or "lesser premium" names...keep in mind that these are generalization and not globalization guidelines.

Premium letters? How about premium names like JUG (two subprime). Also, look at stock market symbols and foreign languages. How many Chinese words begin with Q, Y, Z?

One of my largest consistent revenue parked domains at sedo is a Russian traded stock, an LLL that begins with an X and is a .biz. Always in the top 20 for CTR and PPC. Now I am seeing another in the top 40 with no vowels, starts with a J and also an LLL.biz.

Tickled to death to see any activity on a parked .biz. Now two of them???

Point is, what is prime in English is not prime globally. And vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators