Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

auctions LAJ.info and BYJ.biz Auction, Friday 1pm Central. others invited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Good job JE and Wired. I agree with if you let a person set a reserve, this auction will NEVER work.

I look forward to this!

-Bob

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today is the last day to submit your name.

Send them to [email protected]

btw, More names added.

Thank you.

elearningtoys

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just found out about this from another member via PM. Can you buy a sticky and get this thing promoted a bit? I would be willing to put in a TON o f names, but, I need to see that you are going to promote it more. Otherwise...I worry that I am going to lose a ton of names for nothing...and I don't have the cash do do buy backs! I look forward to this!

Anne

Anne

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a sticky thread. Wired also posted LAJ.info as a headline ad with this afternoon's details, found on DNF home page at the Auction ads. There will be no buyout clause used on this name, including the other host, JEsports, name BYJ.biz. Many sellers have stated their name is also is a $1 start, no buyout sale. This will be exciting.

We are looking forward to this afternoon's(USA time) event. This is not a DNF support event. This is an event created by volunteers. Jesports and Wired are hosts.

We have done this before at chat. From our experience, we attempted to address these concerns in advanced.

We have backed up those concerns with the "buyout clause", minimum participation requirements and USD dollars only. We have made it accessible to send submissions at an email account shared by both hosts. The list of names are posted and updated for your review.

If the minimum participation requirement is not met today, we expect to postpone this DN Weekly Auction and host next week, same time.

At the minimum, we hope this will be fun and exciting as well.

Set your alarms and join us in a few hours.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

We have updated the main thread with the final list of domains for today's live auction. We are no longer taking domain submissions for today's event and would like to thank you all for your submissions.

This is going to be a great time and we will see you all there in a few hours ;)

- JE

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kudos to you guys for taking the intiative and starting something like this. The only thing I would change is the expiration date requirement. Some names people might not want and wish to see if there is any interest in an auction format. I typically renew most of my names for sale if it's less than 30 days anyway, if it sells that is. Cheers,

Acro

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Auction completed.

Thank you for making this auction a success. The name sales are listed at the first post.

We invite you to submit your email and DNF username to email [email protected] so we can send you information on our "next" dnweeklyauction.

Thank you. Wired & JEsports

We hope everyone had fun.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i personally had a blast! altho i think i was probably talking too much :) it was alot of fun! my comments on it:

hold it weekly or biweekly- on a regular basis- that alone will help with the mouth to mouth promotion of it. when it happens now and then, you do not get as much attendance. people will just automatically know when it is- it will become a habit :)

i made a post in the wanted section- seems many people read it- maybe a day or two before auction day, we can run a few posts in a few sections? it seemed to help-

the buyout clause- hmmmmm, even tho i think a reserve can ruin a good thing, the buyout clause just may not be the way to go. to pay someone to not buy your name- i sold all mine simply because i dont have the cash to keep my own domains even with my sales- and alot of others did not participate because of this- can we try and see if the group can come up with a great alternative?

i myself got lost in this, and during i had people trying to pm me info to do the transfer while the auction was still going on and it was getting very hectic a my keyboard :) is it possible to say- after the auction, the sales list will be posted- do all final transactions within 24 hours? (THANK YOU for posting a sales list- i have NO idea who bought what)

i thought it went very smooth, our auctioneer did an outstanding job- it was controlled, yet fun! thats the way it should be!

i am looking forward to the next one!

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The buyout claus is a great idea and can filter out the not so serious seller. My time is limited and regret spending time researching a name and even bidding more than its value only to see the seller get excited and use the buyout option of 10 dollars (which i didnt accept by the way) Although the buyout option is great, unless the price changes I wont be back to bid. I suggest this be discussed and a higher amount be considered.

I'm a buyer and rarely sell. Your getting my prospective only. A seller will give you another so it's up to you to decipher the opinions and views. Being buyers/sellers yourselves you should appreciate the effort it takes to cram a personal appraisal of a domain your approaching in an auction. If someone is going to place their names in an auction they better be serious and be prepared to pay a penalty that fits.

I suggest a 30% buyout with 10% going to the charity of the buyers choice and the buyer gets the tax reciept.

To be completely honest the buyout should be more like 100% but that wouldnt fly. A serious buyout would raise a few eyebrows and limit sellers to people who are there to sell and not to appraise their domains at fleamarket prices.

I'll check back.

Jack

p.s.
Limitations can easily be set in plce to protect both parties. Such as 'amount of buyers showing up' and 'dollar thresholds' and so on. The seller can be protected too with variables.

In my case I bid higher than its worth, the seller got excited and even said he never thought it would reach that amount. He then tossed in the 10$ buyout clause as a result.

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jack for your comment.

Your participation in this event was highly valued. Your comments you have shared here are very important as well.

JEsports and Wired; we are taking all comments into consideration, and in particular, to those that attended. We also understand that many could not attend due to time differences and were not even aware this event was happening.

JEsports and Wired; we hope we can do a dnweeklyauction on a regular basis and hence, at least, take care of the scheduling issues. Doing a dnweeklyauction, we hope, will become a habit. :yes: Like many others here, we have regular daily duties/jobs and we have been fortunate to chat often and Friday afternoons appeared to be the best time to take care of our personal duties in hopes of having an uninterrupted auction, with a standby backup auctioneer.

JEsports and Wired; we will work on the issues mentioned and hope we can, at least, address a few to please the many.

Again, we thank you, Jack, and everyone else for your participation.

Best regards, JE and W

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Want to know when our next auction will be held?

Yep, others want to know as well. :eek:k:

Send us an email at [email protected] and provide us your DNF username.

We will send an email out when we are taking submissions; or doing an impromptu auction at the spur of the moment as we have done in the past (usually on Friday afternoons).

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah! i had a lot of fun :) i hope this doesnt go all technical on us- i sell more than buy, opposite of jack- and if the buyout clause was that high i would participate, but just throw in domains that i did not care if it didnt sell, or sold for a buck, because i am not going to pay someone not to buy my name. i know the no reserve thing was to help this gain popularity and make it exciting- but i am just hoping ya'll keep with the simple things in life- this is a forum, not christi's- it shouldnt be complicated.....

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have a good sellers point smash, my opinion is basically a buyers point of view. It's rare I'll bid on a name even if i want it. So when I do enter an auction I hope when I do bid higher than a name might be worth I'd at least be able to walk away with it. Having a higher buyout claus would of course show me the seller is serious.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i totally see what you are saying- but as a buyer, you then either, bid on a name, and get it (you give money, you get domain) or, the seller backs out (you still get $)- if you bid more than you felt a name was worth- you either get the name, or get money for not getting the name- regardless of what you bid you walk away with something. doesnt matter if you bid 10 grand on a 500.00 site- you are the side of all positive possible endings. but you are ultimatly in control- if you did bid that much, and won, your still not a loser with a cheap domain that you paid a ton for,because you were in control of your bids. you had the choice.

as the seller- you bid 50 bucks on a 500.00 domain, and no one else is bidding- well guess what, i take a loss no matter what, dont i- either i sell at 50- or i pay you so i can keep my domain.

see what i mean? kinda seems a little heavy handed on one side this way. and with that being said, i do not think you will say any big names in there- you'll some decent ones- some usable ones- and some you can surely develope- but the very expensive stuff....... i cant imagine anyone would do that with that much money at stake for the seller.

how to get around this i dont know exactly- i would think a seller who wants to make a sale, would reserve it small.... this is an auction after all, not an "offering" so it should start at way below the price- or dont enter your names at all......- but, there should be a little protection for the seller too- the lose/lose thing, ick :-(

1901gt

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ignition.info ; Seller - adiboy ;
Registrar - Namecheap ; Exp Date - 9/19/2007
$90 elvis88

I still haven't received any payment!!!
:upset: :veryangry:

And its been nearly 1 week!! :disappointed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators