Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Large network - phpbbstyles.com, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

CyberAlien

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A little update on what is being sold here.

Few interested clients have asked lots of questions so here is clarification about it:

1. Adsense income. I can provide any screenshots that you want. pm or email or send instant message on aim/msn for it. Hovewer, income from adsense was low until this month because I didn't care much about ads. Then I changed ad placement at the end of last month and now getting normal income. Also I've changed ad placement on phpbbstyles.com last week and revenue from that website more than doubled in last few days (its not the most profitable website though. most profitable is stylesdb.com).

2. Traffic. Most traffic comes from search engines, mostly from google. I'll provide links to traffic details on request.

But those parameters are not the most important parameters in this sale. Price is larger than yearly income if income would stay the same as it is now. This sale is about potencial for your existing network to boost ranking. Because of my websites you have ability to generate hundreds of incoming links to your websites per day without any effort. And forum admins who use styles on their forums constantly promote their forums, so quality of existing links is constantly increasing.

How it works? User wants a style for his forum he goes to phpbbstyles or stylesdb because those are ones of the most popular websites for styles downloads, he downloads style, puts it on his forum and you've got free sitewide links. If you change text of links and link it to your websites then you got free sitewide links to your current websites. And that is repeated for every user who downloads. So you've got unlimited source of links. No more need to buy links or exchange links. Users are happy to keep sitewide link in footer in exchange for free phpbb style.

So if you want to buy network just to keep it running as it is now and don't change anything then you most likely won't get your investment back within a year (but should get it within about 18 month). But if you will be using it to boost your own websites, or will replace content of my websites with something more profitable (like AWS scripts or templatemonster affiliate) then you'll get your investment back much sooner than a year and will have constant source of links to boost your other websites. So this sale is for webmasters who know what to do with highly ranked websites, not for webmasters who simply collect websites.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well this is the first time a site is been for sale that I've seen, which I've actually used. Your sites are excellent, however, unforunately I don't have the resources at this time to purchase them. Good luck. I will try to make an effort with a few partners to get ahold of some serious cash, so I can make a serious offer. You have good placement on Google's directory also. One short question. Do you have exclusive rights of any skins or software or maybe all of them. I don't seem to see that in your thread.

CyberAlien

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have all rights for all skins that are offered on phpbbstyles.com because I have designed and coded everything myself. I didn't use any third party. New owner will have full rights for it all so he can do whatever he wants with those styles. The only limitation is that whatever new owner does, old styles must contain link to trushkin.net

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent sale there...
Someone from this forum?

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Negative feedback left - Seller canceled deal in middle for no reason whatsoever! Highly unprofessional and I was courteous for the whole transaction. Wasted a whole day of my time!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Negative feedback left - Seller canceled deal in middle for no reason whatsoever! Highly unprofessional and I was courteous for the whole transaction. Wasted a whole day of my time!

Jeff,

Were you the buyer he was talking about?

or was their another?

-=DCG=-

CyberAlien

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, he was the "buyer". Very fishy deal, so I canceled it.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very fishy deal alright. I'd say the seller is fishy for not understanding how domain brokers operate.

I tacked on a few thousand dollars for commission as i was acting as an agent. I brought the auction from 18k to 25k in a matter of 48 hours. I guess asking for commission on a domain forum is fishy as he refused to give me a cut of the 25k so I added it on($3000 = 28,000 sent to seller then he'd send me 3k afterwards).

He then thought it was fishy cause i didn't want to pay via escrow but use a bank check etc. I haven't used escrow.com in 2 years and i thought the minimum inspection time was 21 days and I thought it was a time lag. I didn't know it could be done in as little as a 2 days or a week. I thought bank checks would be better as he wouldn't give us anything til a bank check clears and you know you can't scam once a bank check clears right away. So i don't believe anything in this deal was fishy. I buy many webmaster sites and this particular site i was buying for someone else.

Cyberalien you are trying to hurt my reputation on these forums by leaving me that rude negative feedback calling me a scammer on no basis. I have dealt with many sellers on DNForum and i am far from a scam. I just bought portedmods.com on these forums and it was very successful.

I tried to explain to him many times what i was trying to do but he just didn't care. It seems to me he got higher offers afterwards and wanted to cancel out most likely and just using this as a silly excuse.

I thought after stuff was straighted out it would work as we did use escrow.com. So nobody was going to get ripped. After buyer sent the $ he canceled out due to the silly reasons above.

CyberAlien

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to flame here because our deal is not everyone's business, but since you started posting here...

Maybe you are right, maybe I'm right. I guess we have different points of view on transaction.

Here is my point of view:

1. It took very long time to force him to use escrow. Before that he was suggesting lots of stuff including cheque, paying half in front and half on delivery, etc. Honest client wouldn't have problem with escrow.

2. He used different name for escrow. He said its name of his "partner", but said that I should not talk to his "partner" and only talk to him. His "partner" is supposed to send money. Then it appeared that its no a "partner", but he's an agent of client and buying for that client, not for himself.

3. He set amount to $3,000 higher than we agreed, and asked me to transfer those extra $3,000 to him once I get the money. And combined with request not to talk to his "partner" it all sounds very fishy.

First huge delay with starting escrow, acting like he never used escrow before even though I've checked and he does have account on escrow.com associated with his email address. Then adding extra $3,000 and request not to talk to "partner". Also he asked me to close all threads where I was selling and remove all information about sale from those threads so noone would know about it. If he would be honest with his "partner" then he would pay me my requested price and get that $3,000 separately directly from his "partner", not from me. Then it appears that he isn't buying for himself, but for his "partner" who isn't partner at all but his client and he is an agent of that client.

All that doesn't sound too good and there is a good chance someone gets scammed - me or his "partner". Ether way its fishy so I desided to cancel it. Better to cancel it little bit late than be sorry after transaction. After all, I'm selling my whole network, not just a single domain, so I prefer to be very careful about who I sell to and in this deal too many details don't add up.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Took me 20 minutes to use escrow. I thought bank checks would be OK. There has been a misunderstanding. I meant 1/2 bank check (it clears immediately!) and then you transfer files to our server or give us the ftp info. Second bank check clears: Domain transfers.

I didn't want the seller to know about any commission etc. What was hard to figure on that? You didn't want me to take commission out of the 25k so i added 3k to it. What did i do that was so wrong? I added on a cut.

I haven't used escrow.com in 2 years so I was kinda not sure on how it worked anymore. After 10 minutes I knew how to use it again.

Very unprofessional seller!

in all honesty i offered to let him keep the $3000 so the deal would still go thru but he still denied. So obviously he got a 30k offer.

CyberAlien

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok. whatever.

Ether way, I'm very unhappy with this transaction. There was lot of misunderstanding because buyer didn't explain everything correctly about his deal. Very unprofessional from buyer who already bought quite a lot of websites from different sellers.

I posted my point of view, you posted your point of view. I really hate any pointless flaming (and this discussion is pointless because I won't be making any deals with you) so I think its time to end this flaming.

Mark Bolyard

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have to side with Jeff on this one. A transaction of that amount could take a day to complete or a few.

Jeff
Domain Whiz
Trader Rating: (-1)
^
\
\
--- It's not Jeff hasn't been around for a while. And there is nothing
wrong with making commissions on a sale and not wanting your
buyer knowing what your cut is. You don't go to a car dealer and
ask the salesman what his cut is for selling you the car.

Wish it would have out for the sake of those involve because you have both now hurt your reps for people you deal with down the road that aren't familiar with either of you.

Just my opinion...

jumpbug

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for Jeff myself. I've done business with Jeff before, he's not trying to scam you. He's a broker, that's what he does, so he was looking for his commission. Everything went flawlessly when I dealt with him.

Basically I think you misunderstood what he was trying to do CyberAlien, there's nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators