Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Largest US Bank, Bank of America launches a commercial featuring dotMOBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing is above the ORIGINAL 3 commercial Internet TLD's. You can't change history and the fact remains: COM/NET/ORG cannot be substituted by exotic TLD's that arrived as a means of re-creating valuable namespace. Flowers.mobi? Yes, as a portal to .com outlets :D Domain King knows best.

tell that to the majority of UK residents that type in .uk first and Germany that type in .de first...etc etc

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Doc, I am a converted man of faith...I now own a .mobi - which I duly forward to the .com :D

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Follow the money.....

Bank of America:
Largest US Bank
$117 Billion Revenue
40 million U.S. Accounts

Now they are promoting dotMOBI via their PC website, branches and thru commercials.

Here is Bank of America's latest commercial....

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1079012271

Great news.
Thanks for link, Michael

Can only be seen as bad news for those who missed the boat or those that fear they have something to lose :smilewinkgrin:, i guess.
Ho hum ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
To summarize: .mobi forwards to a .com

End of story and PR fluff.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Clearly that PR campaign was not the best vote of confidence for the extension.
I guess the mobi believers are desperate and always try to see good news when they are actually bad.
Obviously it's convenient to type in bofa.mobi but in the end BoA are actually promoting their .com.
Guess what will be saved in the bookmarks: https://www.bankofamerica.com/mobile/
Hey what do I know ;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.mobi is pointless and just another big marketing ploy to make money off of corporate america...and some of us who may have missed the real internet landrush and want to recapture that feeling of being some pioneer online, lol..but hey seriously, if you make some good $$$ off of them in the interim before the .mobi fad fades off into oblivion where it belongs, then more power too you brother! Just please don't go around touting .mobi as some miracle domain platform or a real invention for that matter, or even a real "top level" domain for that anti-matter...it's just another new wannabe ext. amongst real extensions (original 3) that won't ever start with "C" then an "O" in the middle & end in "M" :eek:k:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc, I am a converted man of faith...I now own a .mobi - which I duly forward to the .com :D
:pound::pound:

What about the other 255 extensions...

And it is good to see you back.

Good vs. evil, happy vs. sad...I do value your commentary and insight to things. May not agree all the time, but intellectual arguments and points of view are always welcome in my book.

.mobi is pointless and just another big marketing ploy to make money off of corporate america...and some of us who may have missed the real internet landrush and want to recapture that feeling of being some pioneer online, lol..but hey seriously, if you make some good $$$ off of them in the interim before the .mobi fad fades off into oblivion where it belongs, then more power too you brother! Just please don't go around touting .mobi as some miracle domain platform or a real invention for that matter, or even a real "top level" domain for that anti-matter...it's just another new wannabe ext. amongst real extensions (original 3) that won't ever start with "C" then an "O" in the middle & end in "M" :eek:k:
Chris, I am making money, but I have never sold a mobi. A few of the developed ones are receiving traffic in the thousands already with a decent CTR. CTR currently does not pay ooddles and oodles but new marketers are coming on board and other ad programs are gearing up including a Google AdSense for mobi in beta.

SDCA.mobi is gaining popularity thanks to some promoting that I have done but also a very slick and fast interface. The surfing report is an awesome feature.

Still buying and selling domains daily, working on some development projects, but very happy with the results of .mobi traffic. Meanwhile, those waiting to be developed are also generating decent traffic while parked which gives me a very good idea based on the traffic which should be developed first.

To each their own, but I can see no argument at all to the "mobi doesn't work" because it is working. All I see and hear is I don't like it, I don't want it, I don't need it...same messages posted in 2004 being brought up again in July 2007.

I have no intention of dumping anything except nonperformers and that includes .com, .net, .info, .org, and the whole alphabet of domains. I have auctions currently running on sedo for a couple of .coms. What does that mean? Nothing to me. Probably just another 2 to add to the growing list of non-paid domains on sedo now into the tens of thousands for 2007.

Private transactions are best.

Diversify, diversify, diversify...but I understand each person has their own tastes.

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pound::pound:

What about the other 255 extensions...

...and that my friend is a million dollar question. :yes:

I think the question speaks for it self, no doubt. :eek:k:

Doc Com, you've hit the bullseye ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Avoiding the subject, still? :D

If .mobi works, why is the BoA link a REDIRECT TO A .COM?

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

why do companies buy their name in .con .net. org .de or whatever and point them all to 1 domain? maybe because it's easier than making 10 sites or such...imo

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

IMHO the redirecting is not the big issue here, because the .com will always be their main site for business. no doubt.

The important thing here is that they openly advertise the .mobi and clearly identify it to the Mobile Phone.

.mobi works :yes: because it is the only extention that will indicate your visit to a mobile friendly page.

So why did you pick .mobi and not any other extention to redirect to your main site.?? :?:

BTW, just visited your main site - very nice :eek:k:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I don't know, I am not the tech head I wish I was. But have you tried it on a phone?

Some are talking about auto detect.

I do know that you can view BMW.MOBI, SAS.mobi, Amtrak.mobi, SDCA.mobi, Fux.mobi, Boroughs.mobi, BusinessWeek.mobi, Polo.mobi, and hundreds of others from the PC and the cell phone and it all works great.

I also know that BofA.mobi was working fine a couple of weeks ago.

Promo? Well, they do own the Bank of America Stadium where the Carolina Panthers play so I will be looking for some major advertising and promotional materials as well as TV spots in a couple of months.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice pic here of the posters up at Bank of America:

bofmobice7.jpg

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Here's the actual picture below :D

boa.jpg

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's the actual picture below :D

boa.jpg

LOL
awesome job dude. i'm impressed! :yes:

They own bofa.com too :yes:
It goes here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/Control.do?page=corp_bofacom

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm just giving you .mobi fans some good-hearted hard time :D

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you guys are too good at photoshop editing etc
put me to shame

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I added DNF as the official sponsor :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators