Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Let's invest in .INdian domains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The all premium letter LLL.in, SHG.in, just dropped. Good luck. Now gone

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can somebody from india answer here please?

what do they use there .in or .co.in?

i invested in co.in's mainly as feel like co'in's is the main tld? (same like co.uk in uk, they dont use .uk here )

??

Akhil

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can somebody from india answer here please?

what do they use there .in or .co.in?

i invested in co.in's mainly as feel like co'in's is the main tld? (same like co.uk in uk, they dont use .uk here )

??
it's not the case... for years, nic - controlling domains in India had been allowing .co.in names only and that too for TM / Regd Companies. Just a few of these names had been taken. But, at this time, the penetration level of Internet had not been so well as it is at the moment. When .IN was released to public, NIC had a pre-registration period allowing .in regns for TM owners and owners of previously regd .co.in names. That made news and headlines in the Indian media - mostly print media and existing internet users and aware it professionals then waited for this great opportunity.

Now that .IN has been launched - and that it's been over two years - the value of .INs is far more than .co.in [brainy people like me have got www.dotco.in :D] So, this explains why there is more inclination for the .IN rather than the .CO.IN :)

I may not be right - just expressing what I feel and know - comments / criticism welcome!

Akhil

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion guys, grabbed around 6 of them! they getting traffic and click throughs aswell! :)

I was also very surprised, most of my LLL.in getting more traffic (up to 1K typeins/month) then similar .us .biz and .info :yes:

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was also very surprised, most of my LLL.in getting more traffic (up to 1K typeins/month) then similar .us .biz and .info :yes:

It's Awesome isn't it !!

The relative 'risk' of investing in LLL.IN seems to be declaring itself - I for one am very comfortable in holding LLL.IN and NNN.IN well into the future.

The value of many country codes seems to be stabilizing and showing steady appreciation whether .in, .us, .ca, .de, .......

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
welcome to the next level of domaining....

"ccTLDs"

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is there many 1 word names left in .in?
ive found one thats got 35 mill searches on google.in, but its a bit risque, so im not sure as to wether i should register it.
i spent half an hour or so just banging names in and finally come up with this one.
si

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is there many 1 word names left in .in?
ive found one thats got 35 mill searches on google.in, but its a bit risque, so im not sure as to wether i should register it.
i spent half an hour or so just banging names in and finally come up with this one.
si

I think you can still find some solid single, english words available but they do not seem to receive the same type-in traffic that many LLL.in do ?
I would take the chance on the one name you did find though if it is a common word. IMHO
Good Luck

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
5 letter.in but im still a bit uncertain to reg, as the word can mean something sexual. im not familiar with regging sexy/adult names in the .in extension?
is it acceptble?
si

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Youve all persuaded me to buy a few premium LLL.ins (PM me if your selling),

Where do you find out whats dropping?

Thanks.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was a big day for all-premium-letter-combo LLL.in drops. Other than these, all LLL.in composed only of ABCDEFGHILMNOPRST (no jkquvwxyz) have been entirely regged for over a month. Please post as you grab them, so people won't have to look twice:

(UPDATE: All regged)

baa.IN
cbd.IN
chn.IN
cpe.IN
dbp.IN
ecn.IN
eff.IN
grt.IN
isc.IN
loo.IN
nee.IN
ppn.IN
rcn.IN
sdc.IN
slr.IN
sns.IN
snt.IN

Posted at about 1am Los Angeles time, May 3rd. Wonder how long it'll take for them to be all snapped up? (Answer: about five hours)

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the list, I registered SNS.IN .

It can be typo of SMS.IN.

Donated 50 DNF$ to jagusa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom