Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Links.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

richrf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was referring to Dotzup, I am not a member there, but they do allow you to see that information... [

Thanks. I'll check them out and see if they offer more than what I am getting now.

Rich

SuccessClick

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"LINKS.COM"? Are you kidding me? Don't sell the name. Build it out. Wait for low seven figures. That's $x,xxx,xxx. If you don't have $100k to build it out, sell 10% interest in it.

It's what internet surfing is all about. You could make this into a top community website. Branding is a no-brainer. Think Craigslist, but with class.

richrf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Definitely sounds like an idea. One of the issues is getting good SERP for all of the sub-domains. Good enough to see which type of traffic each can get. One of the advantages of aggregating all categories in the primary domain, is that I can get good SERP and then watch which categories are getting the traffic.

Thanks for the idea.

Rich

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No way. Follow the suggestions above!

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"LINKS.COM"? Are you kidding me? Don't sell the name. Build it out.

You guys are so silly sometimes. A good domain name is one little teeny tiny part of having a good business. Almost to the point of insignificant. Because someone owns a good domain name doesn't mean they are ready to build and run a multi-million dollar business. It's like saying Starbucks would have been 10 times more successful if they had named themselves "Great Coffee".

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys are so silly sometimes. A good domain name is one little teeny tiny part of having a good business. Almost to the point of insignificant. Because someone owns a good domain name doesn't mean they are ready to build and run a multi-million dollar business. It's like saying Starbucks would have been 10 times more successful if they had named themselves "Great Coffee".

Yes , A good domain name is one little teeny tiny part of having a good business , but links.com is others.

richrf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yes, I agree. Having a good domain name is like having a good piece of land in the middle of downtown N.Y. or Chicago (my home town). It is a good place to build but it doesn't guarantee anything (other than some good intrinsic "land value"). I'm definitely working on learning the business and working with good people who can help me build it up.

I think that the point the other poster(s) was trying to make, was the Links (as a piece of Internet real estate, has good appreciation value, which I also agree with, as I have witnessed the appreciation of the name over the last five years or so. How long this will go on? It is anyone's guess.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Rich

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The good thing about domains is that you don't have to pay property tax.

Yes, I agree. Having a good domain name is like having a good piece of land in the middle of downtown N.Y. or Chicago (my home town). It is a good place to build but it doesn't guarantee anything (other than some good intrinsic "land value"). I'm definitely working on learning the business and working with good people who can help me build it up.

I think that the point the other poster(s) was trying to make, was the Links (as a piece of Internet real estate, has good appreciation value, which I also agree with, as I have witnessed the appreciation of the name over the last five years or so. How long this will go on? It is anyone's guess.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Rich

richrf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The good thing about domains is that you don't have to pay property tax.

Totally true, and no small advantage. The cost of carrying a domain is far less than real estate.

Rich

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can use subdomain.
golf.links.com
football.links.com
money.links.com
horse.links.com
Then, see which gets most traffic and put more effort into that :D

Best idea ever for this domain! Go for it!

richrf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best idea ever for this domain! Go for it!

Hi,

I agree it is a good idea and I was toying with the idea of setting up a network of blogs for each of the categories as sub-domains. However, such a network of links impacts the SERP rating for each category and therefore as a consequence, the overall visitors to my site will probably drop significantly - especially since about 60% of the traffic comes from search engines at this point (this is up from about 10% a few months ago). So the test is somewhat invalidated due to impact it would have on SERP, particularly with Google.

But it is something I will definitely look at again, if I can figure out a way to maintain the SERP for Google and MSN.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom