Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

LLL.com spammer is Million dollar loan crook :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep , as title suggests ...

The other day I received 50+ LLL.com spam emails on my better LLL.coms ... The sender only went for premiums ( must not like Q or X etc .. )

I am sick of deleting huge amounts of same every day , as the one genuine buyer may ofter get lost in the junk .

Hi

We may be interested in purchasing your domain name fsf.com , If it is available for a reasonable price .

Please let me know at your earliest convenience your asking price , Also if fsf.com is not for sale please let us know so we may pursue other alternatives.

Thanks for your time

Thanks in advance,

James Atkins

So I decided to draw this guy/girl out .... and propose I sell my LLL for $500 via paypal :) ( not via Escrow as they asked )

The email exchange was had , and i insisted on scan of ID , real email for paypal , moniker details and such ... then I will push the domain before payment.

That is not a problem. I would definitely need the domain transfered before I send a payment if we're not going to use escrow.com service. I am willing to sign a contract and provide you with ID if that is the way you want to go.

So I get a scan of a ladies Florida ID ( I wont post , as it is prob stolen ) & the paypal address.

Here is who will make the payment to you (She is my business partner).

Name: Teresa G??????
Address: 30-??????????????? ?=Edited out by dolansco
Miami, FL 3???5

Paypal:
[email protected]

I am attaching copy of picture ID.

My Moniker ID: 65????
Current Authorization Code: 0B?????????

Let me know if this is enough for you.

Thanks,

James

Voila ... Domaintools ...First "Reverse IP" .. then whois on their Nameservers

Several different Miami names and addresses ... but one common denominator ... the nameserver :0

Confin Home Mortgage & Loans Corp.
5775 Blue Lagoon Drive
Suite #190
Miami, Florida 33126
United States

&

Registrant:
Javier Navarrete
3001 S.W. 133 PL
Miami, Florida 33175
United States

..were 2 names that stood out ... several others were prob fakes

Quick use of Google ....
http://miamipress.wordpress.com/2007/10/05/11-arrested-in-mortgage-fraud-schemes/
amongst others ...

In the first round up of suspects under a new campaign to crack down on home loan fraud in Miami-Dade County, 11 people — brokers, borrowers, sellers and title agents –41.jpg were arrested in three separate mortgage fraud schemes, police announced Friday.

Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Alvarez said the suspects used stolen identities, falsified mortgage documents and used fraudulent appraisals to get loans valued at close to $2 million for properties throughout the county.

”In the coming months, you will see more fraudulent mortgage brokers, title agents, attorneys, appraisers and others brought to justice,” Alvarez said at a news conference announcing the arrests.

The roundup comes a week after federal prosecutors charged 18 people with taking out fraudulent loans worth more than $50 million to buy luxury condos on South Beach andhomes in Broward County.

Leading one ring of suspects, Mariana Navarrete, owner of three investment companies registered in South Florida, allegedly enlisted an ex-husband and two sons to steal the identity of a former employee to purchase one of the son’s homes, police said.

Navarrete, who also goes by Mariana Baltodano, is the registered owner of Confin Home Mortgage & Loan Corp., United Consultants Group and Nexa Investments Group, which does business under the name Value Rate Mortgage.

Her ex-husband, arrested Thursday, is Xavier Abelardo, a mortgage broker with Nexa Investment. Her son, Javier Abelardo-Navarrete, also works for the company as a seller and broker’s agent. The second son, Luis Navarrete, is a closing agent. Both were arrested Thursday.
... MiamiHerald

other domains ( he spammed before :rolleyes: )
http://spamhuntress.com/2005/10/05/supremely-stupid/

Google
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Confin+Home+Mortgage+&+Loans+Corp+fraud&btnG=Search

Have a great day :)

PS : BTW another case of HE/SHE .. as James Atkins is a SHE ( Mariana Navarrete ) :lol:

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also got an inquiry from him/her the other day ... guess I won't be selling my LLL.com that way after all!

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now thats the reason why I don't own lll.com's, can't stand the spam :yes:

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Been living & working in the Miami area for about 15 years now. There's a lot of scammers down here, that's for sure. they're all trying to scam each other or the government one way or the other. Nothing surprises me anymore.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sign that the mortgage industry has slowed down - now even the scammers are having to diversify!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe he/she doesn't yet know how resourceful domainers can be.

Kind of tickled by your whole process though.

I'd be happy to pay you $500 for any LLL.com you want to sell, i'll personally come and drop the cash ;)

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got this spam too.

I never respond to gmail spam now anyway.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pretty silly that he would email the same person 50 times. You'd think he would realize. The spam sucks but hey, at least you're rich.

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got his spam as well...

Buy see this is where it gets tricky. I usually don't reply to gmail spam either, but I decided to a few months ago and it led to an enduser sale. The initial email looked real spammy too!

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also got his email(or her...whatever)
and replied back with a higher price than my lll.com deserves

dnbroker77

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got a few emails also, asked them for their forum handle, no reply

cyberlaw

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Florida is known as one of the true havens for spammers/scammers. It is very difficult to enforce a judgment in Florida. While the state has made strides in recent years, the whole state is just crawling with them. Not that I think Florida became the preferred home of thee folks because they were reading the laws, but it really does seem like they breed more and more every year.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I live in Florida and I take offense at your comments. Maybe you need to revise the criteria by which you issue blanket statements like this.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can literally put 100 million dollars of stolen money in a HOME in florida and no matter what happens judgement wise (unless it's the IRS) they can't touch it at all, period.

cyberlaw

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way Acroplex. All I say is true, however. Florida is well known for being the home state of many spammers and scammers. It is easily the spamming capital of the United States.

That doesn't mean that many good and honest people don't live in Florida. Of course they do. I'm sure you're one of them. If so, I'd encourage you to get in touch with your political leaders and encourage them to keep making the positive strides they've made in recent years.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way Acroplex. All I say is true, however. Florida is well known for being the home state of many spammers and scammers. It is easily the spamming capital of the United States.

That doesn't mean that many good and honest people don't live in Florida. Of course they do. I'm sure you're one of them. If so, I'd encourage you to get in touch with your political leaders and encourage them to keep making the positive strides they've made in recent years.

You'd have to present us with some technical data from all 50 states to establish such a claim. I live and work in Florida for the past 10 years and have yet to locate corporations that delve into unlawful territory. At the same time, northern states are home to violent crimes. Indeed, your home town is crime capital of the US.

Just because some spammers use bulletproof servers hosted in Miami does not mean the state of Florida deserves such remarks. On the contrary, despite the conservative nature of its people when it comes down to election time, it hosts 3 major universities that create the new pool of American minds.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An overwhelming number of Floridians drive for miles with their turn signals on. :eek:

cyberlaw

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You'd have to present us with some technical data from all 50 states to establish such a claim.

Actually, I was interested in seeing some numbers too, because I figured they'd match up. A member of my firm put this together:

The Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database collates information and evidence on known professional spam operations that have been terminated by a minimum of 3 Internet Service Providers for spam offenses.

http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/index.lasso

On that page is a list of all the folks. They are initially listed by country. Clicking on the links associated with each name brings you to a "profile page" that lists the operation's state of residence. Here is one example:

http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/listing.lasso?-op=cn&spammer=Xperya

A member of my firm looked through every profile today and counted the number of spammers listed in Florida and other states listed. Here is the total:

Florida - 13
California - 9

Florida's population is about 18.25 million according to Wikipedia. California's population is 36.5 million. So, despite having almost exactly half the population of California, Florida has about 35% more identified spam operations.

By the way, Florida's total of listed operations was larger than any other foreign country's total, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom