Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

LLL.com spammer is Million dollar loan crook :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansen

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not to pile on to acroplex, but I have some first hand experiences with Florida idiocy.

My girlfriend was born in the North and moved to FL on business before I met her, since the time we met, I had the pleasure of going down to FL (many times to visit her, and, now that we live in NJ together...many times to vacation @her parents homes) and seeing first hand how complete ridiculous it is. You can't sit through an entire nightly WESH news broadcast without seeing something that blows your mind...usually relating to kids' behavior or dumb criminals.

I distinctly remember riding down a 4-lane highway, ~50-60mph, next to a pickup truck......

....with 3 kids under the age of 10....

.....in the truck bed.....

....sitting on lawn chairs.

Seriously.

I would never raise a child in Florida, I'd be worried Florida's stupid would rub off on them. :)

Edit note: "complete ridiculous" should read "completely ridiculous"....the Florida stupid seeped into my brain. :(

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An overwhelming number of Floridians drive for miles with their turn signals on. :eek:

Because most of the morons down here have no idea there IS A RIGHT LANE!

I drive between 40-50,000 miles a year, mostly around Miami servicing clients networks, and I am amazed daily.. by many things, even after 15 years or so here. Sometimes I wonder if south florida is just a big experiment gone foul.

Don't misunderstand. On a one to one basis, I've met & do business with hundreds of incredibly nice, decent people, but sometimes I wonder how some of them make it to the bathroom in the morning.

And ripoffs? I don't have stats, but I remember with one of the recent hurricanes that came through, the damage claims were higher for Dade County than Broward, when it directly hit Broward, and barely touched Dade. I think they lost power for a few hours, but much of Broward did for days or weeks. I saw the differences in damages. Nil in Dade. And I have seen this repeatedly throughout the years. And I'm pretty sure to qualify for public office down here, you must have at least one felony conviction, preferably blackmail, money laundering, or fraud.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the devil Floridians.

Pizza.net Holdings
777 East Atlantic Ave Suite C2-283
Delray Beach
FL
USA

gobrightwork

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Florida is such a great state and people are doing whatever it takes to stay there - Key West is the only frost free city in the continental US. Personally, I think most of the scammers are from NYC but move to Florida because of the weather. North Dakota would have a lot of scammers if they had weather like Miami.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Florida has no state taxes, one of only 7 states to do so.
California has a state tax. This means, that it's a forced #2 on the spam list; if there were no state tax, it'd be #1 by far.

Normalizing the data linked to by Cyberlaw above - using the factor of small businesses per 1000 population, we get:

Florida SMB per 1000 27.84
California SMB per 1000 23.28
Texas SMB per 1000 20.05

Clearly, the factor is higher in Florida. In other words, far more businesses exist here than California and Texas, factoring in the population.

As for the other comments about lanes, driving etc, seriously people - get a ****ing life. I've seen the nasty NJ/NY cities, the snow and sleet that last 9 months out of 12 and the crime up north is far more violent than in the south.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Acroplex and Florida are perfect match.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i wanna immigrate to Florida or California, will be looking at it by the end of this year

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a foreigner, my perception of crime hotspots in the US are;

1. Washington DC
2. Parts of LA
3. Parts of NYC
4. Miami / Florida

Obviously not including sex crime, ortherwise the Deep South would be in there...:lol:

jhansen

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As for the other comments about lanes, driving etc, seriously people - get a ****ing life. I've seen the nasty NJ/NY cities, the snow and sleet that last 9 months out of 12 and the crime up north is far more violent than in the south.

I'm so sorry...you couldn't be more right....! :smilewinkgrin::lol::smilewinkgrin:

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/flcrime.htm

In the year 2000 Florida had an estimated population of 15,982,378 which ranked the state 4th in population. For that year the State of Florida had a total Crime Index of 5,694.7 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 2nd highest total Crime Index. For Violent Crime Florida had a reported incident rate of 812.0 per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 1st highest occurrence for Violent Crime among the states. For crimes against Property, the state had a reported incident rate of 4,882.7 per 100,000 people, which ranked as the state 3rd highest. Also in the year 2000 Florida had 5.6 Murders per 100,000 people, ranking the state as having the 21st highest rate for Murder. Florida’s 44.2 reported Forced Rapes per 100,000 people, ranked the state 7th highest. For Robbery, per 100,000 people, Florida’s rate was 199.0 which ranked the state as having the 5th highest for Robbery. The state also had 563.2 Aggravated Assaults for every 100,000 people, which indexed the state as having the 2nd highest position for this crime among the states. For every 100,000 people there were 1,081.8 Burglaries, which ranks Florida as having the 3rd highest standing among the states. Larceny - Theft were reported 3,242.9 times per hundred thousand people in Florida which standing is the 5th highest among the states. Vehicle Theft occurred 558.0 times per 100,000 people, which fixed the state as having the 5th highest for vehicle

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/njcrimn.htm

In the year 2000 New Jersey had an estimated population of 8,414,350 which ranked the state 9th in population. For that year the State of New Jersey had a total Crime Index of 3,160.5 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 39th highest total Crime Index. For Violent Crime New Jersey had a reported incident rate of 383.8 per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 25th highest occurrence for Violent Crime among the states. For crimes against Property, the state had a reported incident rate of 2,776.6 per 100,000 people, which ranked as the state 40th highest. Also in the year 2000 New Jersey had 3.4 Murders per 100,000 people, ranking the state as having the 30th highest rate for Murder. New Jersey’s 16.1 reported Forced Rapes per 100,000 people, ranked the state 50th highest. For Robbery, per 100,000 people, New Jersey’s rate was 161.1 which ranked the state as having the 11th highest for Robbery. The state also had 203.2 Aggravated Assaults for every 100,000 people, which indexed the state as having the 35th highest position for this crime among the states. For every 100,000 people there were 522.0 Burglaries, which ranks New Jersey as having the 39th highest standing among the states. Larceny - Theft were reported 1,848.8 times per hundred thousand people in New Jersey which standing is the 42nd highest among the states. Vehicle Theft occurred 405.9 times per 100,000 people, which fixed the state as having the 18th highest for vehicle theft among the states.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Frankly, I would not change FL for another state. So keep your gray skies and cold weather, ugly women and nasty attitude. I'm fine with it.

Mahouni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An overwhelming number of Floridians drive for miles with their turn signals on. :eek:

Haha I have noticed that too.

I'm pretty sure all these florida-haters are just bunch of people living in north with their balls frozen :)

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I would not change FL for another state. So keep your gray skies and cold weather, ugly women and nasty attitude. I'm fine with it.

Umm, i only see one masty attitude here :)

I know what it is like, I was born and raised in Cleveland and all I hear is "dude, your lake caught on fire". That was almost 40 years ago. Right now, Cleveland is a great fun place to live. It has it's problems, but every place does. But, not to pile on, there is a site called fark.com, and the only state that has it's own tag line is Florida, further prrof that there may be some support of what is thought about Florida. :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sure thing, my attitude fluctuates according to the A*hole Factor of smart alec posts.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hard facts? You posted data from 2000.
What's tha mattah, NJ boi, FL climate too hot fo'ya?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mortgage Loan Brokers are looking for new ways to make money these days. They contributed greatly to the foreclosures by many of them 'editing' and blatantly falsifying the customers mortgage loan application and then grossly lying about the income, etc to get the bank to approve the loan.

jhansen

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, just never satisfied huh?

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/US_States_Rate_Ranking.html

2005 Florida vs. 2005 New Jersey

FL: 4th in Violent Crime
NJ: 27th in Violent Crime

FL: 5th in Aggravated Assault
NJ: 34th in Aggravated Assault

FL: 7th in Robbery
NJ: 14th in Robbery

FL: 13th in Burglary
NJ: 43rd in Burglary

FL: 13th in Motor Vehicle Theft
NJ: 27th in Motor Vehicle Theft

FL: 19th in Rape
NJ: 51st in Rape (Puerto Rico is counted among the rankings, hence 51, not 50 total)

FL: 25th in Murder and Manslaughter
NJ: 29th in Murder and Manslaughter

There wasn't a single category where NJ ranked poorer than FL.

I hope these numbers please the court (or is 2005 not recent enough either?), I really don't have the patience to go county-by-county and get the figures there for you.

As far as the heat, I didn't mind it one bit, it was nice fishing off the dock behind my in-laws house in Cocoa Beach for a few hours each day. :)

It's the people I don't like. :rolleyes:

Have a nice day!

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Umm, i only see one masty attitude here :)

I know what it is like, I was born and raised in Cleveland and all I hear is "dude, your lake caught on fire". That was almost 40 years ago. Right now, Cleveland is a great fun place to live. It has it's problems, but every place does. But, not to pile on, there is a site called fark.com, and the only state that has it's own tag line is Florida, further prrof that there may be some support of what is thought about Florida. :)
Born and raised in Cleveland also and was a kid when the Cuyahoga caught on fire. Gotta love it. But yeah, Cleveland's come up in a big way.

And for those who dislike Florida, I offer you to spend a weekend on Miami Beach. :eek:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of the crimes here can be directly linked to the number of illegal aliens here. Yes, NJ has their share (Freehold NJ sometimes looks like Tiajuana) but most of the ones in NJ are field workers who want to stay here. The ones here in Florida are from corrupt nations (or nations with a lot of corruption in them) like Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica, Columbia, etc.

On the news you're always seeing crimes committed by illegal aliens and you never hear of the being deported.

PLUS, I see so many cars with NY / NJ plates between November and June its sickening. It almost doubles the amount of time it takes me to get to work plus driving on the highways is a nightmare, a lot of times I'll go up to West Palm (from Fort Lauderdale) on the back roads just to save time.

If you want to come here and contribute to an honest society, then fine. If not, then don't come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom