Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Looking to pay someone to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...run a large list against Overture/Goto numbers. Started to do it manually, but gave up.

It'd probably take someone an hour--or ten seconds if they automate it. I'm willing to pay $30 via Paypal for it.

Please reply to dnpowerful@yahoo.com

Thanks

Domain summit 2024
J

jimb

Originally posted by DnPowerful
...run a large list against Overture/Goto numbers.

Could you explain what exactly you are talking about :)

Im not too familiar with lists against Overturn/Goto numbers...sorry

Jim

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jim:

If you don't know what it is, ya' probably can't help me :D

Apparently most on this board have little understanding of this key part of the domain business, which is guaging a domain's popularity through the number of searches performed each month on Goto (which is now called Overture). While those numbers are now just a starting point, and often dead wrong, they provide *one* of the key components in pricing a domain.

And let me point out for all those that continue to throw their junk on this board and proclaim: "20,000 returns on Google!!!": That's completely meaningless. If your domain doesn't have decent key-ins or Overture numbers, forget it. You're selling a "brand" name, which makes it worth what any one person is willing to give you, unlike a name with stats, which is worth what dozens of individuals are willing to give you.

See the difference?

I have a list of 1000 names that I want to check against Overture's engine to see what the figures are for each domain. Deadly simple.

:)

J

jimb

oh ok, yeah I know about that, although I probably wouldnt be any help for you, sorry :)

thanks, I guess Ive never know that process to be called list against Goto Numbers.

thanks for the clear up!

:)

Jim

The reason Google is being used to state a *potential* value of a domain, is because it's the most popular search engine (forget Yahoo). Overture is a sleek marketing scheme to manipulate traffic. For example: my particular search came up #1 on all search engines and #2 on Overture; because they sponsor links!

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google return stats mean nothing to people like me who actually buy and sell valuable domains all day long. If you're talking about Google popularity stats that their business arm spits back in order to calculate what your traffic buy is, well, that's one indicator, but when people say "My domain tigertail.com brings up 22,000 returns on Google", I must laugh. This is the most imprecise measure that only amateurs use.

As for Overture, its shortcomings are legendary, including recent stuff about people cramming a search term to spike results on the next month's numbers (predictable), but when I sell an expensive name, the first commonly agreed upon independent measure of value (after site stats) is Overture. It's certainly just a finger in the air, but a good one.

For example, a recent sale at $10k was predicated on 1200 actual key-ins per day, and Overture numbers of 30,000 a month. This ended up being a steal for the buyer, primarily because key-ins were so much higher relative to Overture numbers. The owner was setting his price relative to Overture rather than key-ins..

You see? So there's all kinds of anomolies, but ultimately, you don't get past the $10k mark on a domain (unless it's a brand or generic name of incredible simplicity) without good Goto numbers.

But Google returns? Not meaningless, but close to it.
:dead:

i use goto to see how high the bid on the term that *exactly* matches my domain is.

Multiply the bid by the unique traffic you get on the domain and you have an idea of the "traffic only" value for the doman.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have nothing else to add, I just wanted to see this little ******fuck** below again...lol

:dead:

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DnPowerful I wrote a small application to automate that, I'm interested. PM me if you still want it done.

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats easy to check such a list - if u havent found help yet u can send me a pm

google returns can be useful if you use them to locate potential end users for domains - in that regard the number of pages is an indicator of market scope.

But obviously some words get high counts without having value - but its down to interpreting the results, and thats where experience comes in.

Agreed - check out the number of hits for HEADER - I just registered HEADER.ORG

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For example, a recent sale at $10k was predicated on 1200 actual key-ins per day, and Overture numbers of 30,000 a month. This ended up being a steal for the buyer, primarily because key-ins were so much higher relative to Overture numbers. The owner was setting his price relative to Overture rather than key-ins..

An excellent post above on a subject not too many understand fully. I agree with your logic and also agree Overture/Goto returns are very important. Though at times they can be wildly inflated :confused: by searches done via automated scripts and programs like WebPosition checking for keyword popularity and SEO purposes.

I really like the logic that approx' 1200 type-in's a day (rounded to say 1,000) equals approx' $10,000 in value, very roughy speaking of course. That means a name with only 10 type-in's a day would be worth approx' $100. Does this make sense?

It does to me as I can see ways to make money on 10 hits a day as long as they are very well targeted, which type-in's are by definition.

In fact, I would consider buying domains with between 10 and 100 type-in's per day, if anyone here wants to offer them.

A problem with evaluating this is how does one know for sure they are real type-in's and not coming from links or search engine listings, also verifying the numbers is a problem.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Omni
DnPowerful I wrote a small application to automate that, I'm interested. PM me if you still want it done.

Hi Omni, would you please consider selling that cool :cool: Application to me so I may research the Overture returns better myself.

It's very tiring and time consuming doing so manually. Thanks.

...run a large list against Overture/Goto numbers. Started to do it manually, but gave up.

It'd probably take someone an hour--or ten seconds if they automate it. I'm willing to pay $30 via Paypal for it.

Please reply to dnpowerful@yahoo.com

Thanks

no one in their right mind would pay you
what your willing to pay
for the outcome.. of what you are seeking..

they would be a FOOL to pay you $30 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators