Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Major ENOM Club Drop Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Started a thread about not being able to renew CLUB DROP domains through ENOM - Requires a transfer in the Domain Registration area but had folks tell me it should have been posted here? - Mods can either delete thread or move it or whatever - Here is the link to the posting - Either way - Watch Out as you can not renew Club Drop domains at ENOM - Must make a transfer in to add years - Steve
http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=408643#post408643

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
steve, i support any efforts we can do as a community.

i just got my first, renewal not processed - use transfer system.........message.

be careful out there, if your like me you assume a renewal is the easiest process in the world, and after clicking renew and paying you may not see the reciept which says, RENEWAL NOT PROCESSED, especially if you do a whole month,

also i bet autorenews wont save you of its a namemonger, namezero or other registrar.

page howe

page howe

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Page - Yes just watch out - You and I deal with thousands of renewals and transfers and think we are on "auto renew" when it is just not the case - They say the only method is to just transfer all domains caught at Club Drop? Now that is just amazing - How do you know which ones when you have thousands and thousands of domains in the account? They surely did not think this move out well at ENOM - Take Care - Steve

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a VERY serious issue.
Hard to believe not more people have reacted here.
There is no way i can track my domains there and know which one is where.
It is ridiculous. Enom should have then just created another regsitrar for club drop instead of leading us to believe it is all under their control.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is amazing, I have many domains caught with club drop, now I have to look at least 1 month before expire date, so I could transfer the domain, so It would also work and the domain would go under enom.
Amazing, second screw in this week with enom, first they don?t allow money tarnsfer between accounts, and now this.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But when you look at the name in your enom account it says who the register is. Or just load all your enom names into "Mydomainportfolio" and all the registers show up. I'm not saying this enom system isn't stupid but as far as knowing which names in your enom master account are with which registrar, it's not that difficult.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sharpy said:
But when you look at the name in your enom account it says who the register is. Or just load all your enom names into "Mydomainportfolio" and all the registers show up. I'm not saying this enom system isn't stupid but as far as knowing which names in your enom master account are with which registrar, it's not that difficult.

Yes thats also true, but if You did so:
You had domains in Your account, all with auto-renew and the expire date is close, it will not be renewed and some regist. like stargate let it to redemption right away, if it expires, You simply lose the domain :(
Or pay $120 to stargate to take it back from redemption period.
That sucks

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sharpy said:
I'm not saying this enom system isn't stupid but as far as knowing which names in your enom master account are with which registrar, it's not that difficult.

Don't you have to click on each name to be able to see the registrar name?
No problem with a few, or if you know which are likely candidates but if like some members are saying, they have thousands! Not a happy state of affairs having to click on each to establish who they are with.

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can cambler help convey our frustration?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sitehq said:
can cambler help convey our frustration?

Heyo cam, my eNom drop registrar in question is Enombre Corporation, I understand its the Mexican subsidiary of eNom? Andre Andre Yibba Yibba.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand your pain Steve. Both enom and pool need to start putting in some serious time with follow thru on these names caught. I'm tired of spending my valuable time chasing down and trying to capture my names TWICE. Seems all they care about is competing to catch the names and getting paid. They don't seem to care much about the domainers that feed them. This industry needs some way of imposing penalties.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Doc - You are right!!! The point of this thread is more to "put the heat on" ENOM for these crazy processes that they continue to put into place. As we all know, the reason of these transfers is to get the names back under ENOM's management and not another registrar. Keep's up their base reg. numbers and "make them more money in the future on renewals". Without the transfers in, their partner registrars actually control the domain names and all future revenues. It is all about money. Has zero to do with any customer or partner loyalty on ENOM's part. Just another cut throat trick to put cash in their bank account. Steve

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
The point of this thread is more to "put the heat on" ENOM for these crazy processes that they continue to put into place.

Well, anyone for BRING ON THE WLS!!!?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As Doc has indicated.

If I buy it from Enom. And, I have control of the domain within my Enom Acct.
It should automatically switch to Enom.

Or, if that is not possible. They should indicate in my acct the domains that are
registered elsewhere. They can do it by making the color of domain name a different
color. Or, they could have it under a different tab.

But, I assume they don't want to upset their group of registrars.

I am not a promoter of legal actions. But, if enough domainers lose domains. Then,
a class action might be necessary to make these registrars like Pool and Enom to be
more responsive to this problem.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
But, I assume they don't want to upset their group of registrars.

I think eNom was just scrambling to get things together, nothing upsetting to registrars with the auction system - its a registrar WIN, dropcatcher LOSE every time (for good names of course, not the 98% of crap that drop everyday)

I think this problem can be easily fixed - eg. Pool - Namescout/Rebel.com arrangement, even monkeys can do it, Snapnames/Domainmonkeys.com; But Alohanic.com is quite a riot, I must say.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My suggestion to enom : You charge $10 min bid + reg fee, why not simply transfer and renew the domain for every domain that was not caught by enom. After the 60 day period.
Think about it, the domain will not be lost, happy customers + renewal fees to you after years.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
My suggestion to enom : You charge $10 min bid + reg fee, why not simply transfer and renew the domain for every domain that was not caught by enom. After the 60 day period.
Think about it, the domain will not be lost, happy customers + renewal fees to you after years.

It would cost Enom an add'l $ 6.00 to do that.

And, they want their other registrars to make money.

So, if they "actively" promoted the transfer from the other registrar to Enom.
Then, they are hurting them.

But, if they indirectly inform us that the name is registered elsewhere.
Then, they are helping us. And, then we can make a decision to transfer or
not to transfer.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It doesn't make the other registrars very happy if enom "auto-transfers" domains.

The other registrars want residual business from catching your domains. Pool is doing it right *shudder* by sending you directly to the registrars instead of letting you think you can control the domains through some pool.com control panel.

What enom should do is have the ability to renew @ the foreign registrar and just kick out a rev share. Of course, there isn't much rev to share when you're only charging 6.95.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one of the few times that I edit my post *before* submiting it.
So, I wont speak yet...
But... Enom better get their act together because I have found a loop hole in their system that I could sue them for mega $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...
Since I like them, I will let it sleep for a while. 48 hours should be enough. :)
-Pending announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom