Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Major ENOM Club Drop Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole, in the archives, I was always 'neutral' about WLS, but I am not sure that would have solved anything. The fact is simple.
We *allow* these things to happen.
Although, I have a funny tingly little feeling in me, we will soon see a VERY big change from Enom at least regarding this specific topic.
I dont mind paying thousands of $ for lawyers If it means getting heard, and I feel, that from DNF, we are being heard loud and clear *without* paying that...

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Come On Mole - This is about a business taking funds from other businesses and not delivering the product. WLS is another issue all together. Although I remember the day that Verisign and Net Sol did the same thing with domain regs back in the mid 90's as well (take the funds for domain names or renewals and then never deliver the domains or let them drop). Do we want to give them another try with WLS? Not us - Steve

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
WLS is another issue all together.

Yes, it was the only equatable solution left. The moneyed dropcatchers said, to hell with WLS, we have lots of money to throw and therefore easily beat those cheapskate monkeys who can only afford $500 per domain before throwing in the towel. Little did they know....

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
could they have said that without the darn demand.
Those idiots (like me) that use them?
NO.
This isnt the point here mole.
we CAN make a difference.

I sount like an ad...

Domstar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since the entire domain name registry is virtual, ie nothing in writing, that means the entire industry will always be subject to this kind of "error." Would it not be wise today to pool our resources and hire a lawfirm to file a class action lawsuit against all these monkeys to force their hand? Are not most registrars located in the US? So hire a US law firm to file there?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
This isnt the point here mole.
we CAN make a difference.

The script has been written, approved and financed --- drop catching costs will rise and rise... this is an extremely stupid period in domain history to acqurie names --- the only smartest thing to do in such manipulated conditions is that everyone approach registrants directly and negotiate way way before a domain can even smell a drop.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - Just recieved this respone from Matt, Sales Manager at ENOM regarding all Club Drop Domains - This makes even less sense than before -

If you wish to renew these domains, you must either:
a) have the auto-renew ON 30 days PRIOR to expiration, or
b) submit a transfer request from within your eNom account to successfully complete this transaction.

Domains which are set to auto-renew 30 days prior to expiration will process as transfers (generated automatically by eNom). At that time, a year will be added to the expiration date and eNom will become the sponsoring registrar for these domains. You do not need to do anything for these transactio

For the domains which are set to expire in LESS than 30 days with auto-renew OFF, we suggest you unlock the domain and submit a FAX transfer request for these domains as soon as possible. You will want to re-lock the domain after the transfer is complete.

If the domain expires, you will need to create an account with the sponsoring registrar (i.e. Domain Monger, NameJuice, etc.), and renew the domain directly with that registrar at their rates and terms.

If a domain is renewed with another registrar and you wish to transfer the domain back to eNom, more than likely you will want to wait 45 days to do so, otherwise you will not gain the added year to the expiry date.

NOTE: If you use the Add Years option to renew the domain, the order will process but will FAIL to add years. Your order history and email notification will indicate the renewal did not process, and will suggest you enter a transfer.

If you have additional questions, please log into your account and submit a Request for Help through the Help/eNom Support Center

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wait until you get my lawyers reply :)

clickmaster

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
UPDATE - Just recieved this respone from Matt, Sales Manager at ENOM regarding all Club Drop Domains - This makes even less sense than before -

If you wish to renew these domains, you must either:
a) have the auto-renew ON 30 days PRIOR to expiration, or
b) submit a transfer request from within your eNom account to successfully complete this transaction.

Domains which are set to auto-renew 30 days prior to expiration will process as transfers (generated automatically by eNom). At that time, a year will be added to the expiration date and eNom will become the sponsoring registrar for these domains. You do not need to do anything for these transactio

For the domains which are set to expire in LESS than 30 days with auto-renew OFF, we suggest you unlock the domain and submit a FAX transfer request for these domains as soon as possible. You will want to re-lock the domain after the transfer is complete.

If the domain expires, you will need to create an account with the sponsoring registrar (i.e. Domain Monger, NameJuice, etc.), and renew the domain directly with that registrar at their rates and terms.

If a domain is renewed with another registrar and you wish to transfer the domain back to eNom, more than likely you will want to wait 45 days to do so, otherwise you will not gain the added year to the expiry date.

NOTE: If you use the Add Years option to renew the domain, the order will process but will FAIL to add years. Your order history and email notification will indicate the renewal did not process, and will suggest you enter a transfer.

If you have additional questions, please log into your account and submit a Request for Help through the Help/eNom Support Center

HAHAHAHA I just received the exact same damned response!! I nearly burst a blood vessel reading it! The level of incompetence at Enom is truly unprecedented!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
INCREASE the pressure now!

I am willing to put the first 1 thousand $ into a fund to go against this kind of behavior.
Anyone want to follow?

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm on Enom's side but... this isn't sooo bad for a stop-gap solution. You know 30 days in advance if you want to keep a domain, so just set it on auto.

Yeah, it's a headache for those with thousands of names from club drop, but it's a whole lot better than losing your domains or being stuck at some 3rd-rate drop catching registrar.

Hopefully they'll be able to improve this, so keep complaining... but it's not bad as a stop-gap.

clickmaster

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
Not that I'm on Enom's side but... this isn't sooo bad for a stop-gap solution. You know 30 days in advance if you want to keep a domain, so just set it on auto.

Yeah, it's a headache for those with thousands of names from club drop, but it's a whole lot better than losing your domains or being stuck at some 3rd-rate drop catching registrar.

Hopefully they'll be able to improve this, so keep complaining... but it's not bad as a stop-gap.

What about buying domains and the whois not being in your name? Is that bad?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clickmaster said:
What about buying domains and the whois not being in your name? Is that bad?

No. thats fine...
LOL!
Eisai Elinas! Ti erotisi einai afti!??

To the rest, clickmaster undertands Greek...

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, time to check all my name's whois info. Anyone have a link to a good bulk whois checker that lets you check hundreds of names without typing each one in? Thanks.

Domstar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
wait until you get my lawyers reply :)

I'm also willing to pony up $1K depending on what the lawyer says. If they can make a case and think we have a good chance of making a change, yes, I'm willing to put up $ to help get things straightened out.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the message when you go to AO Domains.

My Account
With apologies, we still have a little bit of work to do here at our site. If you have acquired a domain through eNom for which AO Domains is the registrar of record, please visit the eNom website in order to manage your domain.

Thank you!
The AO Domains Team

But, if I wanted to make sure it was unlocked so I could transfer it to Enom.

I have to go to Enom to make sure it is unlocked?

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. It at least allows Club Drop names to be auto-renewed at enom. That solves one of the problems that the old system had. There really should be a better way, but if this really works, then it will automatically move the names to enom when renewal is due.

Len

Nameable said:

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hellooooo...

Is anyone getting a clue here?

I get lots of names at Enom's club drop and as soon as I get the name I submit a transfer to Moniker, then when it hits 60 days...bye bye.

Enom is good for drops but I wouldn't even think of leaving my domains with those incompetent idiots.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I feel very uncomfortable with names in my enom account.

I need to check ownership carefully, and even then keep having doubts. I know two names sitting in my account in the expired section have been sold, but keep wondering whether I really did transfer them.

With regard to insisting on WLS, I don't think that is the real solution to the problem.

I think the enom system can be "cleaned up" to some extent, at least to show the real status/ownership of names.

enom are communicating with clients to help with the renewal problems for non enom names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom