Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Mall.com - stolen name

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will godaddy give info on the name if i call them? lol i am too intrested in the name.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow. nice names :O

40 names... he must have been careless and accepted some trojan!

I am sure he will have to spend alot of money on lawyers for some of the names! Best of luck to him then and thanks bashar for the info :)

Wonder why godaddy isn't tracing this guy!

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i must praise this guy...
he owns TOP domains!
ARCADE.COM.
ASP.COM.
CHEAPSUITS.COM.
CITY.COM.
IDEALS.COM.
IS.COM.
NASA.NET.
NASA.ORG.
etc.

WoW Don't you wish you had that list!

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whats the use if the names are hijacked!

Ataxx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
Whats the use if the names are hijacked!

Ok let's set the record straight here. I'm the guy who owns these names with the exeception of nasa.com,.net and .org. I have PARTNERS and affiliates. Approximately, sometime NOON ARIZONA time one of our portfolio in GD were stolen. This was done via a KEY logger of some kind. the rest is history. I'm in the final phases of recovery as we speak. I'll have the complete scoop once our names are back into our account. Thanks for the concern everyone.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ataxx said:
Ok let's set the record straight here. I'm the guy who owns these names with the exeception of nasa.com,.net and .org. I have PARTNERS and affiliates. Approximately, sometime NOON ARIZONA time one of our portfolio in GD were stolen. This was done via a KEY logger of some kind. the rest is history. I'm in the final phases of recovery as we speak. I'll have the complete scoop once our names are back into our account. Thanks for the concern everyone.
Thank you, sir.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well he is giving me a deal of $450 via egold. after what Ataxx said i don't care to got with the deal any longer! seems like a 110% waste of money.

I personally think if he went with a start offer of about $4-5 k he would have sold it by now and noone would have noticed it was fraud! the low price really gave it away + the dodgy front page!

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
well he is giving me a deal of $450 via egold. after what Ataxx said i don't care to got with the deal any longer! seems like a 110% waste of money.

I personally think if he went with a start offer of about $4-5 k he would have sold it by now and noone would have noticed it was fraud! the low price really gave it away + the dodgy front page!

First...you think the owner of the name whould not have noticed this domain being gone? I know ataxx...trust me...it was noticed. Second...You think if Mall.com offered for $5k someone wouldn't think somthing was fishy? Come on...it amazes me that the thought of even considering buying a high profile name like that for obviously shadey prices would come into your head.

Btw...GD s the biggest POS registrar out there when it comes to protecting its customers from theft and allowing their customers to commit fraudualant transfers. I had 5 attempts by the same GD acct holder to transfer a name of mine into their GD acct. GD REFUSED to do anything to the acct holder...as THEY couldn't PROVE it was attempted theft..I am the legit holder of the name, I told them each time I NEVER approved any transfer that should be enough...GD did everything they could to protect the thief. In the end all the phone calls and messages to higher ups must have made a difference as I have not had another in the past 6 months. But they had to attempt the theft 5x before GD did anything.

Avoid GD and their stupid privacy act that protects thieves like the plague.

M

mole

I would be worried if the names were locked and it was still successfully hijacked.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i should say if he was to transfer the name to another registrar the chances of getting it back is close to 0 ! then the comlicity of the case would be too high. I suggest for the owner to just pay this guy $1000 for the entire names he stole... probably costs less than getting a lawyer to investigate the case.

M

mole

dntalk said:
iI suggest for the owner to just pay this guy $1000 for the entire names he stole...

:huh: I get mugged and pay the mugger tips?

Time to call in the ghostbusters - Richard Lau and George K :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators