• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Mall.com - stolen name

Status
Not open for further replies.
dntalk said:
export.net
fashiontv.com
arrows.com

(the real owner can also feel free to call me on my whois phone no :-) ) (add +44 before!)


I notice you're now using WhoIs guard on the names in question.

how do you expect the RIGHTFUL owners of these domains to contact you now?

- Rob
 
I will not even bother to respond to your post. There is no need for you to worry. I have already emailed the owner with all the info required to get back the names. I will not give you any info further details on this matter as he is seeking legal guidance.
 
DnTalk What did this guy use to receive the cash you sent? Seems that provider should shut him down.

Nevermind, looks like you're working this out. Hope so.
 
dntalk said:
I will not even bother to respond to your post.
looks like you just did that
:cheeky:
 
Stocdoctor said:
DnTalk What did this guy use to receive the cash you sent? Seems that provider should shut him down.

Nevermind, looks like you're working this out. Hope so.

it would of been hilarious if the scammer had dntalk send the money first, and then in exchange never even push/transfer over the domains which they had agreed upon the sale of... i mean, that's what scammers do.. no? i don't understand why even deal with this faker.. i mean hacker.. who uses key loggers to get into peoples portfolios...
 
mike031 said:
it would of been hilarious if the scammer had dntalk send the money first, and then in exchange never even push/transfer over the domains which they had agreed upon the sale of... i mean, that's what scammers do.. no? i don't understand why even deal with this faker.. i mean hacker.. who uses key loggers to get into peoples portfolios...

Good point. He could have been scammed too right there, just like going to a drug dealer and trying to buy drugs, and end up dead, and or give him the money and get nothing in return.
 
dntalk said:
Noone seems to read my post! yes i bought them in the knowledge they were stolen. But what would you rather. Me buy the names or the names being cancelled?

Scuse me if I am wrong DNtalk (pretty sure I aint), but in the UK thats an admission that you received/handled stolen goods. Why would you admit something like that on a public forum, I think possibly you did mean well but this is madness.
 
yea this all is pretty crazy!!!
 
I am happy to report to you all, that our domain is back into our account!! THANK GOD. And thank you all for your overwhelming support.

Also, a very appreciative thank you to DubaLini at the other board who posted the hijackers previous thefts of BULK.COM and TYP.COM. This was crucial in helping us establish proof.
 
Ataxx said:
I am happy to report to you all, that our domain is back into our account!! THANK GOD. And thank you all for your overwhelming support.

Also, a very appreciative thank you to DubaLini at the other board who posted the hijackers previous thefts of BULK.COM and TYP.COM. This was crucial in helping us establish proof.
Great news! Good job on getting back what was yours! :-)
 
I have gotten a great deal of our group's names back thanks to the cooperation of good sumaritan domainers. Particulaly, I have made attempts to get in contact with a one Mark Livsey who has still NOT responded to my e-mails.

I'm beginning to assume this individual is becoming evasive in hopes to retain our properties.

We will commence LEGAL action to anyone who will not cooperate. For any tips, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!
 
Ataxx said:
Particulaly, I have made attempts to get in contact with a one Mark Livsey who has still NOT responded to my e-mails.

I'm beginning to assume this individual is becoming evasive in hopes to retain our properties.

What a shock! I'm sure that there is definitely an explanation.
 
Has mall.com been returned back to you?
 
Good luck, Mike. Most of the fraudsters fold quickly once faced with legal repercussions to their misdeeds. This isn't the "Wild West" -- laws still apply, as we've seen time and again in numerous other domain recoveries. They can run, but they can't hide!
 
yes octubus, mall.com has been returned, also I'm going to need your help on some other names. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
 
Ataxx said:
I have gotten a great deal of our group's names back thanks to the cooperation of good sumaritan domainers. Particulaly, I have made attempts to get in contact with a one Mark Livsey who has still NOT responded to my e-mails.

I'm beginning to assume this individual is becoming evasive in hopes to retain our properties.

We will commence LEGAL action to anyone who will not cooperate. For any tips, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!

You don't need to go far:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=90773&highlight=Mark Livsey
 
RADiSTAR said:
Ataxx, can you please PM me with a list of domains that are yours - I spent a considerable amount of time negotiating with the hijacker over the last few days for the return of mall.com, and I am in possession of some names.

You are also mistaken about Mark Livsey's intentions.

Cheers,
Chris :-)

..also, not sure how many of you were paying attention to fast whois-changes, but several of the names stolen, including mall.com, were sold by the hijacker, and then re-stolen :worried:
 
Beechie, with all due respect to that last response, you were NOT the reason we got our names back. It was the effort of our overwhelming amount of LEGAL paper work and official documentation and the efforts of our company with Godaddy.com.

For you to say something like that was totally rediculous. We are still missing a considerable amount of names anyone not cooperating will be consider for LEGAL action.
 
Ataxx said:
Beechie, with all due respect to that last response, you were NOT the reason we got our names back. It was the effort of our overwhelming amount of LEGAL paper work and official documentation and the efforts of our company with Godaddy.com.

For you to say something like that was totally rediculous. We are still missing a considerable amount of names anyone not cooperating will be consider for LEGAL action.
Mike, re-read my post: I didn't suggest you got mall.com back because of me, however I did spend a lot of time talking to the guy trying to get it and others returned. I've emailed you asking to send me a list of your missing names, and I will assist in any way I can.

And, if you're wondering why I was helping - I had a very similar thing happen to me at GoDaddy and they are famously useless when it comes to returning stolen names. I also lost Fraudulent.com (yes, the irony), Intoxication.com, Reviewing.com, and Indexed.com to a thief.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom