Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Mall.com - stolen name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
export.net
fashiontv.com
arrows.com

(the real owner can also feel free to call me on my whois phone no :) ) (add +44 before!)

I notice you're now using WhoIs guard on the names in question.

how do you expect the RIGHTFUL owners of these domains to contact you now?

- Rob

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will not even bother to respond to your post. There is no need for you to worry. I have already emailed the owner with all the info required to get back the names. I will not give you any info further details on this matter as he is seeking legal guidance.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DnTalk What did this guy use to receive the cash you sent? Seems that provider should shut him down.

Nevermind, looks like you're working this out. Hope so.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
DnTalk What did this guy use to receive the cash you sent? Seems that provider should shut him down.

Nevermind, looks like you're working this out. Hope so.

it would of been hilarious if the scammer had dntalk send the money first, and then in exchange never even push/transfer over the domains which they had agreed upon the sale of... i mean, that's what scammers do.. no? i don't understand why even deal with this faker.. i mean hacker.. who uses key loggers to get into peoples portfolios...

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A big waste for such a great name

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
it would of been hilarious if the scammer had dntalk send the money first, and then in exchange never even push/transfer over the domains which they had agreed upon the sale of... i mean, that's what scammers do.. no? i don't understand why even deal with this faker.. i mean hacker.. who uses key loggers to get into peoples portfolios...

Good point. He could have been scammed too right there, just like going to a drug dealer and trying to buy drugs, and end up dead, and or give him the money and get nothing in return.

NickStagg

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
Noone seems to read my post! yes i bought them in the knowledge they were stolen. But what would you rather. Me buy the names or the names being cancelled?

Scuse me if I am wrong DNtalk (pretty sure I aint), but in the UK thats an admission that you received/handled stolen goods. Why would you admit something like that on a public forum, I think possibly you did mean well but this is madness.

Ataxx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am happy to report to you all, that our domain is back into our account!! THANK GOD. And thank you all for your overwhelming support.

Also, a very appreciative thank you to DubaLini at the other board who posted the hijackers previous thefts of BULK.COM and TYP.COM. This was crucial in helping us establish proof.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ataxx said:
I am happy to report to you all, that our domain is back into our account!! THANK GOD. And thank you all for your overwhelming support.

Also, a very appreciative thank you to DubaLini at the other board who posted the hijackers previous thefts of BULK.COM and TYP.COM. This was crucial in helping us establish proof.
Great news! Good job on getting back what was yours! :)

Ataxx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have gotten a great deal of our group's names back thanks to the cooperation of good sumaritan domainers. Particulaly, I have made attempts to get in contact with a one Mark Livsey who has still NOT responded to my e-mails.

I'm beginning to assume this individual is becoming evasive in hopes to retain our properties.

We will commence LEGAL action to anyone who will not cooperate. For any tips, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ataxx said:
Particulaly, I have made attempts to get in contact with a one Mark Livsey who has still NOT responded to my e-mails.

I'm beginning to assume this individual is becoming evasive in hopes to retain our properties.

What a shock! I'm sure that there is definitely an explanation.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has mall.com been returned back to you?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck, Mike. Most of the fraudsters fold quickly once faced with legal repercussions to their misdeeds. This isn't the "Wild West" -- laws still apply, as we've seen time and again in numerous other domain recoveries. They can run, but they can't hide!

Ataxx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes octubus, mall.com has been returned, also I'm going to need your help on some other names. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ataxx said:
I have gotten a great deal of our group's names back thanks to the cooperation of good sumaritan domainers. Particulaly, I have made attempts to get in contact with a one Mark Livsey who has still NOT responded to my e-mails.

We will commence LEGAL action to anyone who will not cooperate. For any tips, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!

You don't need to go far:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=90773&highlight=Mark Livsey

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Ataxx, can you please PM me with a list of domains that are yours - I spent a considerable amount of time negotiating with the hijacker over the last few days for the return of mall.com, and I am in possession of some names.

You are also mistaken about Mark Livsey's intentions.

Cheers,
Chris :)

..also, not sure how many of you were paying attention to fast whois-changes, but several of the names stolen, including mall.com, were sold by the hijacker, and then re-stolen :worried:

Ataxx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beechie, with all due respect to that last response, you were NOT the reason we got our names back. It was the effort of our overwhelming amount of LEGAL paper work and official documentation and the efforts of our company with Godaddy.com.

For you to say something like that was totally rediculous. We are still missing a considerable amount of names anyone not cooperating will be consider for LEGAL action.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ataxx said:
Beechie, with all due respect to that last response, you were NOT the reason we got our names back. It was the effort of our overwhelming amount of LEGAL paper work and official documentation and the efforts of our company with Godaddy.com.

For you to say something like that was totally rediculous. We are still missing a considerable amount of names anyone not cooperating will be consider for LEGAL action.
Mike, re-read my post: I didn't suggest you got mall.com back because of me, however I did spend a lot of time talking to the guy trying to get it and others returned. I've emailed you asking to send me a list of your missing names, and I will assist in any way I can.

And, if you're wondering why I was helping - I had a very similar thing happen to me at GoDaddy and they are famously useless when it comes to returning stolen names. I also lost Fraudulent.com (yes, the irony), Intoxication.com, Reviewing.com, and Indexed.com to a thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators