Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Mall.com - stolen name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataxx

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The please accept my apologies if I misunderstood.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ataxx said:
No problem - I'll reply to your email :) I realize this must be stressful!

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beachie said:
You are also mistaken about Mark Livsey's intentions.

What were his intentions then? :huh:

Chris, I respect you very much but don't be fooled by this slime ball (Mark Livsey aka dntalk). His intentions are obvious – self gain! He's little better than the hacker in my books.

dntalk said:
i see he accepted an offer of $200 lol. i personally would pay that even if it was fraud. its worth putting it on a ppc search engine for about 2 month or so till they catch this guy and prove the fraud... by that time you would have gotten plenty of hits on the name and made quite alot of money! :)

dntalk said:
i have spare money in my egold! i think i may just take the risk and take the name from him! worse thing that happens is i have to give the name back to the rightful owner! just to check does egold have anti fraud facilities like paypal? or do they just not care?

dntalk said:
I bought some of his names via paypal. So if the right owner gets them back i will backcharge him :) $75 was worth in imho

dntalk said:
He has over 40 names right now. I bought 4 of them of him :)

dntalk said:
nachos.com
export.net
fashiontv.com
arrows.com

(the real owner can also feel free to call me on my whois phone no :) ) (add +44 before!)

Note: DNTalk has now used WhoisGuard on of the domains in question. Is this really an action someone with good intentions would take? NO.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ataxx said:

same here. I read and understood that beachie is the one who got the name back for you. :cheeky:

good luck with getting your name back. my names got stolen too, i just knew it a few days ago. what the heck!

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well I for one am glad I don't use GD. When my names were stolen, I didn't know what to do, but NameCheap was real nice and gave them back to me, cause I kept all reg and tranfer emails.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:
What were his intentions then? :huh:

Chris, I respect you very much but don't be fooled by this slime ball (Mark Livsey aka dntalk). His intentions are obvious – self gain! He's little better than the hacker in my books.

Note: DNTalk has now used WhoisGuard on of the domains in question. Is this really an action someone with good intentions would take? NO.
Hmmm, I guess he did agree to transfer the names to the owners if they came forward. The key is that the names were stolen more than once - the whois guard was probably put in place by the thief. Mall.com for example, was sold, stolen again, whois-guarded, un-whois guarded, then sold to me last night ;) The other names (some of which I bought last night and are in my possession about to be transferred to Ataxx) went through a similar process.. I think I also have an additional name that hasn't been mentioned in this thread - I'm checking with Ataxx if it's his.

.biz said:
same here. I read and understood that beachie is the one who got the name back for you. :cheeky:

good luck with getting your name back. my names got stolen too, i just knew it a few days ago. what the heck!
Sorry, that wasn't my intention - I was just saying I had spent a lot of time trying to get names back.

Were your stolen names at GD?

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beachie said:
Hmmm, I guess he did agree to transfer the names to the owners if they came forward.

Guess that makes him a nice guy then?

Read my last post – no good intentions there.

- Rob

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, turns out that I have one more domain that doesn't belong to Ataxx - the weird thing is that this one has no whois history so I can't track the ownership easily.

If anyone has lost a GD name, please email me with the name(s).

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
FYI, arrows.com is now on Sedo under the premium names. Sedo needs to be notified.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
FYI, arrows.com is now on Sedo under the premium names. Sedo needs to be notified.

Sedo wont' care anyway. They will list the name for sale even though you notify them and probably will sell the name if both buyer and seller finalize the sale.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
Sedo wont' care anyway. They will list the name for sale even though you notify them and probably will sell the name if both buyer and seller finalize the sale.
Ataxx has arrows.com back in his account already - check the whois..

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Bob will report this in his blog?

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
He is pretty good. Personally i wouldn't call him an average joe knowing c++ so well at 17 :) (as stated before him using a keylogger) he actually told me how he done it. it was a custom program he used! Nothing from the internet...

He has over 40 names right now. I bought 4 of them of him :)

Unlike some he is pretty kind and not really looking to make $$$$$ too much! He does it to make abit of cash and have fun really! Only young!

Also he is in the safety of Asia! noone can do anything to him! i doubt any lawyer in America is really going to set foot in Iran making a case against him. Imho even if his ip is traced to an Iranian isp, they will just laugh at you if you explain the case. In asia generally noone cares about these cases as they are usually not taken seriously!

To respond to IT Web Team's post. i dont want to have any part in farud thank you very much. I live in the uk and may well be procecuted for that type of action!
depends on which country you are talking about bud, if its a country which is third world and also reall has nothing going for it as of right now, then ya, they have no reason to care, but if its a country like japan, then there can be alot of commotion...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ataxx said:
Folks hopefully by monday if all goes well and we get back our properties, I'll tell you all the whole story of the original company MALL.COM who defrauded people out of millions of dollars in advertising sales and how we were in the right place at the right time to buy the name from one of its investors. Anyway, it seems now the scamster decided to go low key by placing the name in Domains By Proxy with GD.

-MIKE
I never heard that part of the story, Ataxx. Could you come back here to tell us this story?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it really is a let down, after reading through 10 pages and waiting for the final word, Ataxx, didn't come back and tell us the outcome like he promised.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since this thread is back from the dead - A reminder that I still have a domain that was possibly stolen. It doesn't belong to Ataxx - we've already discussed it. If anyone had a one-word .com stolen please email me with proof of ownership. I've tried to trace the whois history to locate the previous owner's contact info, but the history is missing.

Chris.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beachie said:
Since this thread is back from the dead - A reminder that I still have a domain that was possibly stolen. It doesn't belong to Ataxx - we've already discussed it. If anyone had a one-word .com stolen please email me with proof of ownership. I've tried to trace the whois history to locate the previous owner's contact info, but the history is missing.

Chris.

Well, do you know anything about the story, and it's ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener