Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Many good .US domains are still available for reg, mostly multi-word names

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In another Post I mentioned how I believe .US is the 2nd best extension behind dot-com. I am convinced .US will in the future also start getting type-in hits, second to .com, but that's not so now as .US gets few type-ins at this time. It will likely increase steadily as time goes by. That's why I am making almost all my new domain buys in the .US extension, preparing for it's eventual #2 position.

As a side note, it's interesting how I sometimes find a very good real name where the Com Net Org Biz and Info (occasionally also some of the well known Country Codes), are all taken but the US is still available for a reg fee, though the .US is better than all of them but the com. This is mostly because of it being a new tld.

Recently reg'd a new .US business words/phrase with 1,400,000 returns on Google (using exact phrase quote marks around its 3 words) and having 45,000-mo returns on Overture. All extensions were taken except the US. Amazingly, the .US name is actually better in some regards than even the .Com. If you saw the name and reason it's so great as a .US you may agree on that. The com net and org were all reg'd years ago, as far back as 1997.

Do others here have opinions on this, or agree about .US?

Domain summit 2024

I'm not sure that there is much to suggest .us will be used by corporates, is anyone using them for anything other than a redirect to a .com? I'd say it has more potential than some of the other newer extenstions but at the moment its all speculation imo.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy I'm not sure that there is much to suggest .us will be used by corporates, is anyone using them for anything other than a redirect to a .com? I'd say it has more potential than some of the other newer extenstions but at the moment its all speculation imo.

Agree, a corporation wants a .com and the .us tld is speculative at this time. That's why I said .us ranks second to .com and will likely never surpass dot-com, especially with com's much better international usage.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy the only decent auctions I've seen so far americans.us $641 (res not met) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? iewItem&item=2029387632 ass.us $255 (res not met) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2020286868 so I'd say prices look to a be a small fraction of even .org values right now.

Yes, I forgot about dot-org, an extension I always liked a lot, and still do. That's especially for names which "fit" the organization impression and character, either for profit, or non-profit. Perhaps at this time dot-org ranks 2nd to dot-com on some names, still ahead of .us but I believe in the future the tld's will rank in this order -

#1 Com followed by US Org Net Biz & Info, then the CC's.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy did you also forget about .net?

No, rank .net 4th behind com us and org.

What is your opinion?

It seems like some of us here are quick to ask questions or be The Devils Advocate, but not so fast giving your own opinions.

what sales figures would you use to back that up? that .us vales are higher than .net?

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
all I know is some companies would consider using (or do use) .net as their business domain (e.g. vertical.net) , while no company would ever use a .org

Originally posted by RealNames

What is your opinion?

It seems like some of us here are quick to ask questions or be The Devils Advocate, but not so fast giving your own opinions.

err I gave my opinion in my first post, I think its a very speculative extension, but maybe slightly better than some of the other new ones.

Originally posted by snoopy
I'm not sure that there is much to suggest .us will be used by corporates, is anyone using them for anything other than a redirect to a .com? I'd say it has more potential than some of the other newer extenstions but at the moment its all speculation imo.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.us is the most promising of all the new cctlds launched to the public. This extension is however somewhat confined in appeal by the Nexus restriction.

.info and .biz are the newly minted gTLDs which few people have figured out, since it is better to confine opinion to what is evidently already happening, the easiest path to take. To do otherwise will be to take a position founded on projection, rather than documentation.

I think .us, .info and .biz will do just fine - but in certain sectors. .com is still the catchall.

In terms of quality of your portfolio, most new extension speculators will probably realise how good the left side of your dot looks compared to the wishiwashereearlier.com collections most people :D

I am contually surprised by the number of .us registrations that we receive each day. They have been #1 on our plate for weeks now.

Very interesting still it seems.

-t

W

WeTLD

.COM & .US valuations will be quite more significant if marketed to the right entities and that means non domain speculators.

Bottom line is, most domain name trading going on today is between speculators and those that want a domain cheap for eMail spamming purposes.

Once you break this veil and start marketing to folks that will use the domain name, you will garner a higher price irregardless of whether it's a dot COM or dot US.

I do believe however that dot COM & dot US are high value domain names and look to see dot US exceeding dot COM in the near future.

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Especially with that monster .us portfolio of yours, I won't be surprised :razz:

W

WeTLD

Originally posted by mole
Especially with that monster .us portfolio of yours, I won't be surprised :razz:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Been drinking bong water again, WeTLD? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators