Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Media.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much is this site worth? It's up for sale.

Much appreciate your opinions.

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mad, its only worth 10k max!

Sheesh, please don't spoil the market. I am interested in buying :shy:

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
How much is this site worth? It's up for sale.

Much appreciate your opinions.

I have meedia.com

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

media.com would hit the mid-high hundred thousands right now imo IF they are approaching other people rather than having unsolicited offers made to them.

there is enough vanity value attached to it and enough money within that industry to make it come good - if they could get it into a bidding war position then the ceiling is higher still.

J

jimb

I would say you could atleast get $10,000 for it. Possibly up around $120,000 if you really got out to the big advertising giants like 247media and doubleclick.

Good Luck,

Jim

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mole,
If a domain like media.com is expected to sell for 10k (as you might want it to sell), how much do you think every other crappier domain ( like every domain of afternic, including mine) is going to go for? 10 cents, 20 cents? :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you jimb for your excellent feedback.

I would like to acquire that name if it was 10k, you know buying when the market is down. I was not sure how down the market was at this point in time, thus my feeler post.

What I do appreciate is that the name is just part of a huge investment to get the site going. Domain sellers need to realise that there is a huge risk involved in actually building a major online business. And investors aren't throwing buckets of money anymore at online startups.

The problem with the dotcom bust is that very good names like pets.com are now seen as a baggage. Memories are hard to wipe away, and recycling of great names ain't going to impress investors any one bit.

I believe there is still money in domains, its just harder to dig it out. Everything requires to be rationalised carefully today. I think most of us are beginning to see the value of attaching real business models to our names - with the names being a means to an end.

Unless you are a cyberjacker (see URDP case re FirstAmericans.com for example) I can sense that most of the $2,000 and below sales are probably from transactions between resellers.

crappydomains.com? hardly, crappybusinessmodel.com is probably a more accurate summation.

Even on an ebay firesale the name would get well over 40k in my opinion, its worth far more than 10k just on traffic value alone.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jeroenp
worth a lot congratulations!

Why is it I get the feeling tha some people think its my name :D I'm a potential buyer of that name, but I just realised here that with my puny budget I should try for the .ws version instead. :shy:

T

Tee

My own feeling is this name is easily worth 500k. Who needs a business model when you can have a great powerful vanity name like that? Lol. j/k but thats a premo name. I think thinking you could get this name for anything than less than half a million dollars is very unrealistic. But what do I know?

10k might get you advertising on the site for one month, if there was a site there.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rupert Murdoch just phoned and offered a lot a damn lot.

HaHa. media.com, is like taking money to the bank in gold bullion.

10k Mole ... in your dreams.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators