• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed ==== MegaLiving.com ===

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelg314

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
1
Any thoughts on the domain name MegaLiving.com? What should this domain appraise at? I've turned down $500 so far. I think you can do a lot with it. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
That was a decent offer. From the following comps looks like you might squeeze out another few hundred.

Domain TLD SalePrice SaleDate SaleThru
SpaciousLiving com $950 Jan 06 Afternic
FiveStarLiving com $2,000 May 06 Sedo
CampusLiving com $3,800 Dec 05 Sedo

Cheers,
BidNo
 
Yeah, i would've jumped on that too..you probably wont see another offer higher than that..if that.
 
Pretty good name. You did the right thing...simply put, you would rather have the name than $500. Most people don't even know if they like a name unless they get affirmation from people they have never met.

You could certainly get a higher offer...or never get another offer. However, the name is easy to spell and easy to pronounce, and that puts you into the top 1 percent of domain names that I have seen lately. And it is actually a dotcom, so congrats on that.

It is definitely a name that you would never delete or let expire, so it will be up to you to be a domain artist and extract maximum value from the next person who makes an offer. If it is unsolicited then don't shoot yourself in the foot like most everyone else. Your counter should at least triple the initial offer, and that is if the offer is $500. Otherwise, how could anyone ever get a great sale with all of the low-ballers in the universe?
 
Yeah, I tend to agree. Bidno, your DNsaleprice.com is a great site! Congrats. You came up with these comps:

SpaciousLiving com $950 Jan 06 Afternic
FiveStarLiving com $2,000 May 06 Sedo
CampusLiving com $3,800 Dec 05 Sedo

And I was using your site and came up with these additional comparables:

FiveStarLiving.com $2,000 May 06 Sedo
MegaVitamin.com $5,400 Aug 05 Afternic
MegaCable.org $5,000 Jul 05 Sedo
MegaRewards.com $2,600 Apr 05 Pool

It seems to me that I made the right decision in not selling for $500 bucks. This name is ideal for anyone in the real estate industry. I think I should ask for $2,000? Thoughts? Fair Price?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom