Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Mentor needed to train domain newbie - DCGjr - will pay cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good keyword combinations

To a Domain Newbie I'm not sure I would say look for the good stuff. But rather take the time to teach them what the good stuff is and why it is good stuff.

Other wise it's kind of like asking a new chef to pick out the good cuts of meats, when s/he hasn't yet had the training to tell the difference between the cuts....moreover what a good cut of meat is.

We are talking basics and teacher mentality.

-MM-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think a good teacher just needs to tell them the facts not a teachers view. Show them access to domainer aids links show them how they are used and then.. let them make their mistakes and successes then talk about them. When they can say where they think they went right or wrong is when they are leaning.. .Just my opinion

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who else is training their kids on domains, and at what age?

A domainer with a decent portfolio could bring their kids up learning how to build websites, e-commerce sites, etc. and set them up in business, either for a career or a side-business. I sometimes look at some of my domains as a future 'nest-egg' for my kids, like a trust fund or savings that could help them later in life.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but everyone with kids has probably thought about how domains will fit into their kids lives as they grow up.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who else is training their kids on domains, and at what age?

A domainer with a decent portfolio could bring their kids up learning how to build websites, e-commerce sites, etc. and set them up in business, either for a career or a side-business. I sometimes look at some of my domains as a future 'nest-egg' for my kids, like a trust fund or savings that could help them later in life.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but everyone with kids has probably thought about how domains will fit into their kids lives as they grow up.

It's something that everyone should be thinking about doing.

-=DCG=-

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DCGJr.com is available.. should they reg it? ;)
The domain would be good blog where your kids can write about their experiences, Adam. By writing they will learn, because they must reflect on what they've done, what worked and what didn't work. Positive side effect, they can monetize the blog.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain would be good blog where your kids can write about their experiences, Adam. By writing they will learn, because they must reflect on what they've done, what worked and what didn't work. Positive side effect, they can monetize the blog.

I agree, Adam, get it before it get snagged, especially if they don't mind being linked to you.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DCGJr.com is available.. should they reg it? ;)

ha, was just going to check if that was available, would be a good first reg, but which of the kids would get it? maybe dcgjr1 and dcgjr2

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your interested, why not just PM Adam...doesn't look to me like he is asking for advice, this ain't no appraisal thread folks :)

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think there is a good game waiting...like a Monopoly or the fake Hollywood stock exchange. Let them start building a fake portfolio before spending the real bucks!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals,

I grabbed dcgjr.com and dcgsr.com.

Eventually, I will be the sr as the two youngans turf me out. ;p)

-=DCG=-

etphotog

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't want to go off topic but:

This has all the makings of a good net reality game show or blog (as mentioned already). Take a couple steps back and look at it, you might be able to fund the 'education' from all that would be interested enough to follow. The potential to keep the project going with other kids in the future could be like the old "Stock Market Challenge" contest that newspapers did in the '70-'90.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are free to chat with me in chat anytime or call me, you know my number Adam..you know how I roll. Good luck with the progency, & keep their budgets small!

Regards,

Chris

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
10 years from now on Snapnames:

DCGjr $130,000.00 Bid Placed (Winning Bidder)

DCG $120,000.00 Bid Placed

DCGjr $100,000.00 Bid Placed

DCG $90,000.00 Bid Placed

DCGjr $80,000.00 Bid Placed

DCG $70,000.00 Bid Placed

DCGjr $65,000.00 Bid Placed

DCG $60,000.00 Bid Placed

.. so, are you sure you want to do this Adam? :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah but he will be able to bid at TDNAM! :pound:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some fathers take pride when their sons can outrun them, DCG will take pride when they outbid him. :)

What if they become the Kennedys of domaining? DCG runs TDNAM, DCGjr1 runs Afternic, DCGjr2 runs Pool, MrsDGC (after deciding to get into it all) runs NameJet.

All 4 have matching bikker jackets that say "Resistance Is Futile" on the back. :)

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Shame it's not about teaching them web development, SEO and online marketing, I'd have jumped in to help out no doubt. Good luck with that though for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators