Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed microlink.org

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello

please appraise microlink.org
The .com was sold 2 years ago to an Estonian company for 20000 USD, I just got the name, so what would it be worth?

Domain summit 2024
J

jimb

well, I hope that the name isnt trademarked, cause if it is, they company who purchased the dot com could just take it from you in court. You may want to contact the company.

Im not too sure how much it would be worth today, maybe $500, but thats if the name isnt copyrighted/trademarked.

Jim

By default, ORG domains are for organizations, non-profit etc. Unless a name is a distinct dictionary word it's not worth that much.

My appraisal: $15

J

jimb

Originally posted by timechange
By default, ORG domains are for organizations, non-profit etc. Unless a name is a distinct dictionary word it's not worth that much.

My appraisal: $15

good to know :)

I lower my appraisal, and agree.

Jim

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello

but if I but this name up for a auction in Estonia, would they sue me? What do you think?

Originally posted by stuff
Hello

please appraise microlink.org
The .com was sold 2 years ago to an Estonian company for 20000 USD, I just got the name, so what would it be worth?

That suggests the .com buyer didn't have a strong enough tm 2 years ago to go the legal route so they opted to pay $20k for it.

Having said that, there are a number of live US tm's on "microlink" - check them out on tess.uspto.gov - but I doubt any tm holder will be too worried about the .org unless they are a not for profit organization that wants to protect their reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators