Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.mobi - the sound of inevitability Mr. Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I may be young, but I have more experience on this forum and in the domain industry than many of the members of this forum (not all of you, obviously)..................................................

and I think being called a "bragger" is totally unfair. I hate people who brag on this forum and almost never do it myself in anyway. :)

Just checked GT'S user profile. He's 19 ! LOL
Fortunately i've disregarded almost every post i've seen of yours. Phew!
Pred :mmph:

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT: You have great experience especially in development.....may be you can provide some ideas on dot mobi development for the mobi fans if possible.

Thanks.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT: You have great experience especially in development.....may be you can provide some ideas on dot mobi development for the mobi fans if possible.

Thanks.

Wow, a complement, I forgot what those were :eek7:

The problem is, I'm not experienced in developing with mobile devices in mind. I'm assuming one would be targeting cell phones, PDAs and the like when developing these domains such as these...and developing for those devices is more challenging then creating a normal content site. This just provides an example of one more issue with this extension...

As for disregarding my messages due to my age...go ahead. As I said, I've been on this forum for more than 3 and a half years and been in this industry for 5. I'm pretty sure I have more knowledge on this topic than a 40 year old who just started with all this 1 or 2 years ago.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree age alone doesn't make people smart.....its much more than that.

Btw, lets see how the 10 premium domains perform in TRAFFIC next week, that will provide some indication of dot mobi future.

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They chose to include very weak premium names for this auction, IMO. There are better ones on that list.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the only people heavily investing in .mobi's are the ones who can't get their hands on a decent .com
Please show us your decent .coms and also educate us how you get them these days...This will help us not only appreciate what truly beautiful domains look like but also learn how to invest our $$ wisely...now don't let us all wait too long and meanwhile keep wasting our savings on crappy domains in crappy extensions! May Almighty bless your kind heart.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please show us your decent .coms and also educate us how you get them these days...This will help us not only appreciate what truly beautiful domains look like but also learn how to invest our $$ wisely...now don't let us all wait too long and meanwhile keep wasting our savings on crappy domains in crappy extensions! May Almighty bless your kind heart.

I don't post my domains publicly. However, I am not saying my domains are premium, but I am saying the people who are certainly not buying .mobi are the ones who own the premium .com names.

Adam (DCG) already made the point of saying he didn't invest in any .mobi, I'm sure people like Rick Schwartz went the same route.

The vast majority of the time its the newbies that buy the new extensions. Its also usually the newer members of this industry that lose lots of money at the beginning because they dont do proper research.

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GT YOU HAVE NO CLUE TO WHAT YOUR SAYING, 5 years EXPERIENCE, oviously you have had no luck in any large figure sales... so your opinion on .mobi is NILL.... As far as telling 40 year old they have no CLUE... I DISAGREE, a 40 year old man has more knowledge of fiance, and the market.

Oviously your young HOT HEAD is what keeps poping up in peoples thread... I have read and received over a dozen post by you posting that everything is WORTH NILL...

SO, NEXT TIME I POST A THREAD... REMIND YOURSELF that IM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR OPINION... Thank You.

FOR YOUR YOUNG HOT HEAD - PREMIUM domains, were registered during the same time you were learning how to calculate 2x2 in math class.

.Mobi is a opportunity for a large group of proffesional brokers who may not own sex.com but own names that sell in mid $xxxx to $xx xxxx. You keep reffering to people who register .mobis are people who dont own premium .coms...

YOU MUST BE ONE UN-EXPERIENCED domainer... You claim to have experience, but your experience DOES NOT SHOW.... and your comment about 40 year olds registering or starting 2 years ago is UNACCEPTABLE. for your information MR.ROOKIE... I registered two .com a year ago and sold them for low $XX XXX Canadian Dollars. It doesnt matter when you START, it matter WHAT YOU FIND and REGISTER.....

LIKE I SAID, your opinion has no FACTS

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT YOU HAVE NO CLUE TO WHAT YOUR SAYING, 5 years EXPERIENCE, oviously you have had no luck in any large figure sales... so your opinion on .mobi is NILL.... As far as telling 40 year old they have no CLUE... I DISAGREE, a 40 year old man has more knowledge of fiance, and the market.

Oviously your young HOT HEAD is what keeps poping up in peoples thread... I have read and received over a dozen post by you posting that everything is WORTH NILL...

SO, NEXT TIME I POST A THREAD... REMIND YOURSELF that IM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR OPINION... Thank You.

FOR YOUR YOUNG HOT HEAD - PREMIUM domains, were registered during the same time you were learning how to calculate 2x2 in math class.

.Mobi is a opportunity for a large group of proffesional brokers who may not own sex.com but own names that sell in mid $xxxx to $xx xxxx. You keep reffering to people who register .mobis are people who dont own premium .coms...

YOU MUST BE ONE UN-EXPERIENCED domainer... You claim to have experience, but your experience DOES NOT SHOW.... and your comment about 40 year olds registering or starting 2 years ago is UNACCEPTABLE. for your information MR.ROOKIE... I registered two .com a year ago and sold them for low $XX XXX Canadian Dollars. It doesnt matter when you START, it matter WHAT YOU FIND and REGISTER.....

LIKE I SAID, your opinion has no FACTS

See what I said about newbies?

I think you are jealous. I am succeeding at the age of 19. What were you doing at that age? Smoking pot and working at McDonald's?

You obviously no nothing about this industry or business in general, so why dont you stay out of this thread so it stays on topic and so that we can continue to discuss the .mobi extension.

If you want to continue to flame me you are more than welcome to send me a PM.

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
your just a Monkey loose in the JUNGLE...

Well lets see some of your domains you claim to have that are premium... show us one thing you have done to earn hard earned cash ..

and for your information, at 19 i was in college and online operating domains...and made my first sale of mid $xxxx. Where were you, reading out ABC

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
so far you BASH people in the FACE with all your WORDS ... as far I see your just the jelous type.. JELOUS of who GT MONKEY.... GET A LIFE

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Age doesn't matter in this as long as you aren't a minor regarding contracts. This attack by xtopsecretx is hilarious. It must be a joke- new dnf account, 82 posts, etc. :)
Regarding .mobi discussion, I only picked up 5 or 6 names. I doubt it "takes off" but it could.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*yawn*

Been a member of DNF for 2 months, less than 100 posts, no trader rating and you are already publicly flaming me?

C'mon, do that stuff in private and keep it out of this thread.

For someone who claims to be a grown man you are acting like a 12 year old.

If you want to continue bashing me, please do it via PM as I mentioned earlier to keep this thread clean.

Thanks.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Daniel,
i don't generally like patronizing people or attempting too.
but as far as life (& domains! LOL) are concerned , things are never as black & white as you seem to say.
look. frankly it doesn't matter when you join a forum. a few people on here seem to cling to this.
take me. i got involved in 99/00. so what. i was involved for a year or two. left it a year or two . got back involved. we've all got experience in many different areas. experience that can aid this particular genre.
developing skills help. marketing skills help. finally & most importantly of all, people skills!
just because the internet gives anonymity, doesn't mean you have to be quite so blunt.
look, if you're doing well, keep it up. there are some people regging some silly .mobis. there are many others regging silly .coms. let them.
it's the only way to learn sometimes.
all discussions need two sides & it keeps forums interesting, but lighten up.
cheers
Pred :sleep:

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LIKE I SAID, IM NOT INTERESTED TO TALK TO YOU, IM JUST REPLYING BACK TO YOUR CHILDISH POST,

SO?????? Sinse you know so much, can you share with us what you have gained or profited... SINSE YOU KNOW SO MUCH and CLAIM TO BE SO SUCCESSFULLLLLL...

OH WAIT, THATS RIGHT... you dont like to share or post your domains or sales ONLINE.

THAN WHY ARE YOU ONLINE?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol.. this is hilarious..

gt speaks some true words about newbies.. however it doesnt necessarily mean all domain newbies are as new and unfamilair with the internet as most are.. im young too and been making a living online for quite sometime now, its the new cool thing..

seriously though i didnt have the vision to participate in buying the .coms back in the day, but doesnt mean every extention is a waste of money and that i bought .mobi's out of desperation. hype sells too you know, whether .mobi is a flop or not it all then boils down to your ability to do a little hustle online.

..and I thought wearing boxer shorts and smoking pot was mandatory if your job is 100% on the internet.

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Im not picking on you, Im just quoting your comments about other hard working DN memebers, some may pickup a silly .mobi or .com, LIFE IS ABOUT MAKING MISTAKE and learning. My start was not successfull.. that does not give you the right to call others wanabes who dont own premium .coms are scavanging on .mobis

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol.. this is hilarious..

..and I thought wearing boxer shorts and smoking pot was mandatory if your job is 100% on the internet.

LOL :heh:

Predator

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't post my domains publicly. However, I am not saying my domains are premium, but I am saying the people who are certainly not buying .mobi are the ones who own the premium .com names.

Adam (DCG) already made the point of saying he didn't invest in any .mobi, I'm sure people like Rick Schwartz went the same route.

The vast majority of the time its the newbies that buy the new extensions. Its also usually the newer members of this industry that lose lots of money at the beginning because they dont do proper research.

It doesn't matter what Adam said or not said.

Adam will say what he thinks make sense to him, and so will all others.....everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Any person with half a brain will do whatever he/she thinks is better for him/her instead of giving rat's a** to what someone said. And thats what is called matured independent common-sensical thinking.

Rick Schwartz is a genius business man just like Adam. He wants to see domains and domainers do well and thats why he has contributed so much to the domain industry. You should not try to justify your nonsense by using other people's good names.

Oh, btw, TRAFFIC has extended a guest invitaion to the dot-mobi registry to auction 10 premium dot mobi domains at TRAFFIC. I hope you call Rick soon and tell him to cancel it :)

If you like to be a follower, so be it...good for you.

I think its about time you stop showing your utter-nonsense. STOP insulting senior domainers...you don't know better than them.
Someone said you are 19 but sometime you come across like you are 14.

I have premium .com domains, domaining for 9 years, and I also bought some .mobies

:humble:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom