Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.mobi - the sound of inevitability Mr. Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes we all have our own opinions of what is good and what is bad but very simply if you ain't in the game you can't play.

If for whatever reason you regged .mobi's then you have a chance of making some money with them - if you did not reg any then simply you have no chance.

I am not a great supporter but following a rush of blood to the head I did reg 5 (@ $8.95 pa) of them post landrush one of which was Wannabe.mobi -arghh.

Anyway lighten up, have fun, make money on the way. BTW - I am 60 and I do not profess to know more than others simply because of my great age. Actually I can remember very little of what I think I have learnt.

levanle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes we all have our own opinions of what is good and what is bad but very simply if you ain't in the game you can't play.

If for whatever reason you regged .mobi's then you have a chance of making some money with them - if you did not reg any then simply you have no chance.

I am not a great supporter but following a rush of blood to the head I did reg 5 (@ $8.95 pa) of them post landrush one of which was Wannabe.mobi -arghh.

Anyway lighten up, have fun, make money on the way. BTW - I am 60 and I do not profess to know more than others simply because of my great age. Actually I can remember very little of what I think I have learnt.

Very well said. Words from a wise man.
Are you from Thailand Mr. Wot? If so, I've got Sawasdee.mobi if you are interested :thumb:

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very well said. Words from a wise man.
Are you from Thailand Mr. Wot? If so, I've got Sawasdee.mobi if you are interested :thumb:

Old - not necessarily wise!

I live in Thailand and own สวัสดี.net (Sawasdee) + many other good (my opinion) IDN's. + MobilePhones.tw and MobilePhones.co.in /Cellphones.co.in / Smartphones.co.in (So just about phoned out :director: ) etc- well diversified if I remember correctl!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That first sentance I quoted above doesnt prove anything. If you didn't reg any .mobi's it also means you have no chance of losing money on them. Of course you can all register whichever names make you happy, but I've seen so many horrible .mobi names in the appraisal with people saying "I have a real winner here" or "look at this premium .mobi" I basically got fed up with it all.

The second sentance of yours I quoted makes much more sense, and I agree with it completely.

rick: I look the like the 14 year old? Doesn't the 40 year old who posted several messages flaming me with CAPITAL LETTERS ALL OVER THE PLACE then look like a 5 year old?

And as for the .mobi Traffic auctions, those are PREMIUM .mobi names. I never said premium .mobi names were worthless, I said all of the crappy mobi's registered by newbies on this forum who then began bragging about them are utterly worthless.

Good day all.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jesus guys, I feel like I'm watching 5 school girls go at it. Cut the shit, get back to work.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How often do you watch 5 year old school girls go at it? :eek7:

levanle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Old - not necessarily wise!

I live in Thailand and own สวัสดี.net (Sawasdee) + many other good (my opinion) IDN's. + MobilePhones.tw and MobilePhones.co.in /Cellphones.co.in / Smartphones.co.in (So just about phoned out :director: ) etc- well diversified if I remember correctl!

You have good names there!
Wise men are always wise, never need to advertise themselves!

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How often do you watch 5 year old school girls go at it?
Re-read my statement GT and see if your question makes a bit of sense. :whip:

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still haven't taken a dip in .mobi, and with all the "premium"d names that will be auctioned off, I may never dip into until it gets big. What irks me is when people who are heavily into .mobi talk down to people that aren't as if they are enlightened and those who aren't getting .mobi names are not. The same thing goes on with IDNs and it's repulsive. My opinion is that we're all out to make money, so let's do it and enjoy ourselves. Some people treat particular markets like it's their religion!

That said, while I'm not into .mobi yet and wasn't impressed at all with Pinky's presentation at DomainFest on it, I wouldn't be surprised if .mobi works out. A lot of people treat .mobi much the same as decent ccTLDs like .in, .cc, etc. and have the whole ".com is king, everything else is crap" opinion about it. All I have to say about that is I've made pretty good money from scratch largely due to ccTLD names, and I'm sure some people will do the same with .mobi. Everyone has to start somewhere, and the advice I would give to .mobi registrants new to domaining is the same I'd give to ANYONE starting out: research any and every name you get and be extremely selective. Most of us that have done this for a few years have a knack for generally knowing what's valuable and what's not acheived from our experiences in the industry, and those new in the industry have a tendency to register anything that looks good, not realizing that they are not their market and selling domains, especially newly registered names, is never easy.

As for age, I can't believe anyone would bring up "so-and-so is X years old, so ignore what they say" or anything of the sort. I'm only 24, have been speculating since I was 21, and have been aware of the industry and following it since I was 17. While I've not had any sales beyond $2,000 yet (which would leave some idiots to think I'm not successful), I'm staring at least one mid $xx,xxx sale in the face come Traffic auction time (hopefully 3 or 4 if I'm lucky!), make $2k/month in PPC, and have built up a portfolio of names that has gotten compliments from all sorts of people. I was glad to get as much respect as anyone else at DomainFest despite probably being one of the youngest ones there, and I frankly detest any talk that one's youth may inhibit their domaining abilities.

Even if GT is being negative about .mobi and you like .mobi, so what? He's a critic of the extension and you're convinced you're going to be making a lot of money...why even let it bother you? I laugh all the way to the bank at anyone detesting ccTLDs...they probably have their own market, but they're missing out on mine!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Re-read my statement GT and see if your question makes a bit of sense. :whip:

:doh:

That was an incredibly funny mistake on my part :pound:

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just have one final comment. If you aren't interested in .mobi then beat it. This folder for .mobi was created because I think GT recommended it because of the all the .mobi threads were hogging up space in the main areas.

I think it's quite possible that it could be considered an illness (I'm quite serious) if you posted in threads where the material did not interest you.

Do a gut check...seriously.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's quite possible that it could be considered an illness (I'm quite serious) if you posted in threads where the material did not interest you.

How can you say .mobi does not interest me?

.be doesn't interest me, .name doesn't interest me, .mobi certainly interests me.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNJournal this week... 4 .mobi in the top 10. NONE under $7,000 USD.

$34,910 Bucks worth of 4 .mobi names.

nice :)

GoPC

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... What irks me is when people who are heavily into .mobi talk down to people that aren't as if they are enlightened and those who aren't getting .mobi names are not.
At best, this statement reflects gross misperception of the facts, and at it's worst, a deliberate misrepresentation of the truth. The reality is that it was not .mobi investors who started bragging that they're the ones who are "enlightened" and those who are not investing are not...in fact, its been exactly the opposite. The ones who apparently had thought that it was wise to stay away from .mobi could not keep their distance upon seeing all these threads that started mushrooming across various forums filled with excitement and energy. So they jumped in and began harping up and down making statements to the effect that .mobi and those who're investing in it are suckers and losers. It has been actually quite amazing, and in fact commented about, that how these folks would keep barging in on threads which by definition should be of no interest to them....to do what: just bad mouth this new extension and predict doom and gloom for its investors. Sad indeed.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNJournal this week... 4 .mobi in the top 10. NONE under $7,000 USD.

$34,910 Bucks worth of 4 .mobi names.

nice :)

GoPC

As I have now said about 15 times: premium .mobi names (probably the top 2% of all .mobi names registered) are and will continue to be vary valuable. The rest are not.

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LET ME MAKE THIS SIMPLE

All ccTLDs that came out, were not that succesful, DUE TO ONE REASON...why go left when you can still register .COM'S.!!!!! ALright!!!!

Now, YOU SAY That .mobi will be just another extension, which will FAIL!!! Okay thats your opinion!

Now any smart Domain Broker, or should I say Experienced Broker! Will tell you, that the difference IS!!! that .mobi is developed for Mobiles!!!! Okay, Are you understanding the point!!! .Mobi = Mobile Communication

Okay let me make this even more easier for you.

ccTLDs = .com, .us, .net, .de, .co.uk, blaw blaw blaw, etc.... We all know there is 100+ extensions. Some of them I dont even understand why they exist!!!

But the fact is this:

.mobi = extension designed/programmes/developed for MOBILES. Go ahead, design your .es for mobile.... sinse .mobi will be the way to search.... your name BabaJunior.es VS BabaJunior.mobi - which one you think will pop up first! in the users head!!!!

Am I making a point or what!?

The point is, your investment on .mobi asside from .com's, has a lower risk in failure.. than .ex .ze .co.in.

Don't be shy, I'm not a jelous player... and why do I share my knowledge... well first of, DN is everyones place. A place for us to work together... if you don't understand something.. why not ask the right way....and if than you still have a hard time to accept someone elses decission making... then you need to cool off, and fly sway with Peter Pan!!!

Young or Old, age is just a number. Objectives for all of us who are serious about making profits, while the large corporations are sitting back and eating away profits. We me need to work as a union, and price domains with respect. And take opportunity like .mobi that comes once every 10-20 years. .mobi = mobile devices

The future is all Electronics!!! Mobile, wireless... what you think people would want to take a large size laptop everywere they go! NO!!! If your not a laptop owner, read about it or buy one!

The objectives of the market is, the smaller the better. The future of gagdets, will be either in your hand or pocket 24 hours a day!

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Fact 2:

All mobile owners, will know 100% that .mobi will load up 100% on their device, compared to .es , .eu, .com, .co.uk

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I have now said about 15 times: premium .mobi names (probably the top 2% of all .mobi names registered) are and will continue to be vary valuable. The rest are not.
Thats true for pretty much every extension thats oute there including .com, although one could reasonably argue that this ratio (of "valuable" names to the total regs) would be much better in .mobi than the older extensions...simply because its still in its infancy with many good names still unregged, whereas in .com with over 58M registrations, one can't even imagine finding a 3-word half-decent name available at reg fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom