Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Monetization

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today there are a lot of options for monetization compared to 04-06 when I first got into domaining. At the time there was Adsense, and it was great. I made over 15000 dollars in a 7 year period before my account was cut off, so I have a little bit of experience with this. I had sites, and I had youtube. I had millions watch my youtube, and can still show you the analytics to prove that over 6000 of that was from that site alone.

But things change. There are so many new options that I would like to discuss with the community, from crypto-based content monetization, to affiliate marketing systems, to starting your own store on those domain names. That could be as simple as an Amazon affiliate site, or as complicated as a drop shipping system. I even monetize a toll-free 800 number. I have the 800 number contracted to a company that pays for them.

The other option is domain parking that is still around but has slowed compared to those "good old days", so now we need to use the new ways use our domain assets to generate money.

That is why I will be posting about these new ways here on the forums to help people get back into profitability. You can still have a for sale page, but you can create your own content (or outsource the creation) on those names to make your assets profitable.

Domain summit 2024

Kazzia

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All ears. My dream is to be able to monetize a domain. My goal is one dollar per day per domain. Is that possible these days?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All ears. My dream is to be able to monetize a domain. My goal is one dollar per day per domain. Is that possible these days?
Well, that depends on what you are doing with the name, but parking is dead for the most part. What are your names focused on?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this thread dead? I am really interested in how people are monetizing their domains these days.
No, I am still here, you have any specific questions about an industry? I tailor many of my monetizations to the domains, and what industry that they serve. I have a paper due in a few days, but I want to organize a list of methods and affiliate program sites for everyone.

Kazzia

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I made $14k with adsense as well back in the day as well. But, I have not heard of anyone making any money with their domains without tons of work these days. I have tried many different things but it comes down to my time. I can't spend 100 hours on a site to make a few dollars. Seems you need to have a business with an SEO team and marketing and a site builder and investors to make it work.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made $14k with adsense as well back in the day as well. But, I have not heard of anyone making any money with their domains without tons of work these days. I have tried many different things but it comes down to my time. I can't spend 100 hours on a site to make a few dollars. Seems you need to have a business with an SEO team and marketing and a site builder and investors to make it work.
I am not talking about traffic building in SEO, I prefer social media traffic myself. But either one works, if you can get SEO traffic, it is a good deal, but it is way too hard to just focus on SEO. I like to focus on making the traffic come from Facebook and Twitter and similar sites.

Kazzia

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted. Ok, so assuming you can get traffic to your site. What then? Crappy adsense, or lead gen, or sell something, or?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't spend 100 hours on a site to make a few dollars.

if one is not willing to put in the work, to get the income stream flowing.....
then perhaps their perception of what it takes to succeed in this business is distorted

i've has adsense on my site for over a decade and the few dollars it earns, pays for domain renewal + hosting.

now, it sustains itself

imo.....

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted. Ok, so assuming you can get traffic to your site. What then? Crappy adsense, or lead gen, or sell something, or?
Well, make your own product (books, t-shirts through merch.amazon.com and createspace.com are 2 examples) and you get a commission. No, I hardly use adsense these days.

EYEKONIK

Reaction score
Today there are a lot of options for monetization compared to 04-06 when I first got into domaining. At the time there was Adsense, and it was great. I made over 15000 dollars in a 7 year period before my account was cut off, so I have a little bit of experience with this. I had sites, and I had youtube. I had millions watch my youtube, and can still show you the analytics to prove that over 6000 of that was from that site alone.

But things change. There are so many new options that I would like to discuss with the community, from crypto-based content monetization, to affiliate marketing systems, to starting your own store on those domain names. That could be as simple as an Amazon affiliate site, or as complicated as a drop shipping system. I even monetize a toll-free 800 number. I have the 800 number contracted to a company that pays for them.

The other option is domain parking that is still around but has slowed compared to those "good old days", so now we need to use the new ways use our domain assets to generate money.

That is why I will be posting about these new ways here on the forums to help people get back into profitability. You can still have a for sale page, but you can create your own content (or outsource the creation) on those names to make your assets profitable.

Hello, is there anyway i can get some help on selling my domain?
i own a domain for 14 years ... any help for any buyers or the best way would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, is there anyway i can get some help on selling my domain?
i own a domain for 14 years ... any help for any buyers or the best way would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

well . . . we don't know what it is - and - bear in mind that many people here have dozens or 100s of domain names so not usual to see one nly

PS - YES Mr. Deleted - I'll read anything you post on monetisation

plumbersdubai

Reaction score
How I can do affiliate on my website? Please tell me because I was eagerly waiting about the Affiliate program and heard much news about those who are working

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are wanting to start an affiliate program on the website? I can help you with that if your site accepts payment online, but if it is not online, I am not sure how you could track the traffic.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom