Monetizing an expired domain with backlinks?

Bill36

May 29, 2020
PA
Hello,

I am thinking about buying domains that have expired or are close to expiration. I've been looking mostly at already expired domains with backlinks and alexa ranking. My question is this.

If I purchase a domain with 1k backlinks and 200k alexa ranking, what are my best options in terms of monetization?

Sorry if its such a general question. Just trying my hand in something different instead of hand reg names that have 0 traffic/backlinks/etc.

Thanks,
Bill

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
Hi

could be a thousand backlinks to nowhere.... if you don't check where each one is located.

if you're buying just on numbers, without verifying validity of them...
then what?

but the best option is to park them, then you can see if there is traffic/visitors and what they are looking for, if any.

imo...

Bill36

May 29, 2020
PA
Thanks for the feedback! Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but where/how would I check those backlinks?

Cheers,
Bill

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but where/how would I check those backlinks?
Hi

it's not a dumb question, if it was asked, initially... as in

I don't know jack about backlinks or what they are, but If someone could enlighten me, i'd appreciate it. :)

there are some free backlink checker tools, but most charge fee after free trial

google > free backlink checker

imo...