Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Monetizing an expired domain with backlinks?

Bill36

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking about buying domains that have expired or are close to expiration. I've been looking mostly at already expired domains with backlinks and alexa ranking. My question is this.

If I purchase a domain with 1k backlinks and 200k alexa ranking, what are my best options in terms of monetization?

Sorry if its such a general question. Just trying my hand in something different instead of hand reg names that have 0 traffic/backlinks/etc.

Thanks,
Bill

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

could be a thousand backlinks to nowhere.... if you don't check where each one is located.

if you're buying just on numbers, without verifying validity of them...
then what?

but the best option is to park them, then you can see if there is traffic/visitors and what they are looking for, if any.

imo...

Bill36

Level 1
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but where/how would I check those backlinks?

Cheers,
Bill

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but where/how would I check those backlinks?

Hi

it's not a dumb question, if it was asked, initially... as in

I don't know jack about backlinks or what they are, but If someone could enlighten me, i'd appreciate it. :)

there are some free backlink checker tools, but most charge fee after free trial

google > free backlink checker

imo...

Bill36

Level 1
Reaction score
Thank you! I've found a few free ones. Will do some testing and see which is best!

unstuck

Reaction score
A simple advise though, as soon as you buy it, fix the incoming links to your (non-existing) internal pages. These inks will appear broken and they might get deleted. You can use this plug in "All 404 Redirect to Homepage."

I check my website for broken links once a month. As soon as I find them, they get deleted in a blink of an eye. Most of these links comes from guest posts.

Reaction score
Monetizing an expired domain with backlinks can be a lucrative strategy if done correctly. Here are some steps to follow:
Identify the expired domain: Look for an expired domain with a good backlink profile in your niche. You can use tools like Ahrefs, SEMrush, or Majestic to find expired domains.
Register the domain: Once you've found a suitable domain, register it. You can use domain registrars like GoDaddy or Namecheap to register the domain.
Rebuild the website: Create a new website on the expired domain. Use a content management system like WordPress and create high-quality content that is relevant to the domain's backlink profile. Make sure to optimize the website for search engines and ensure it has a mobile-friendly design.
Redirect the backlinks: Use 301 redirects to redirect the backlinks from the old website to the new one. This will ensure that the link juice from the backlinks is passed on to the new website, boosting its search engine rankings.
Monetize the website: Once the new website is up and running, you can monetize it using various strategies such as affiliate marketing, display advertising, sponsored content, or selling your own products or services.
It's important to note that this strategy can be risky, as some expired domains may have been penalized by search engines in the past for violating their guidelines. Make sure to do your due diligence before buying an expired domain, and ensure that it has a clean backlink profile and no spammy or low-quality links.

Last edited by a moderator:

diesel310

Level 1
Reaction score
Monetizing an expired domain with backlinks can be a lucrative strategy if done correctly. Here are some steps to follow:
Identify the expired domain: Look for an expired domain with a good backlink profile in your niche. You can use tools like Ahrefs, SEMrush, or Majestic to find expired domains.
Register the domain: Once you've found a suitable domain, register it. You can use domain registrars like GoDaddy or Namecheap to register the domain.
Rebuild the website: Create a new website on the expired domain. Use a content management system like WordPress and create high-quality content that is relevant to the domain's backlink profile. Make sure to optimize the website for search engines and ensure it has a mobile-friendly design.
Redirect the backlinks: Use 301 redirects to redirect the backlinks from the old website to the new one. This will ensure that the link juice from the backlinks is passed on to the new website, boosting its search engine rankings.
Monetize the website: Once the new website is up and running, you can monetize it using various strategies such as affiliate marketing, display advertising, sponsored content, or selling your own products or services.
It's important to note that this strategy can be risky, as some expired domains may have been penalized by search engines in the past for violating their guidelines. Make sure to do your due diligence before buying an expired domain, and ensure that it has a clean backlink profile and no spammy or low-quality links.
Hi GCC, any idea on how to fix 301 redirect loops? For some reason, I'm seeing over 7 redirect loops for one of my pages in SEMrush for exmple, but no clue how to fix it?

Reaction score
Hi GCC, any idea on how to fix 301 redirect loops? For some reason, I'm seeing over 7 redirect loops for one of my pages in SEMrush for exmple, but no clue how to fix it?
A 301 redirect loop occurs when there is a continuous redirection between two or more URLs. This can happen due to a variety of reasons, such as incorrect redirects, conflicting directives, or misconfigured server settings. Here are some steps you can take to fix a 301 redirect loop:
1: Identify the cause of the redirect loop. Use a tool like SEMrush or Screaming Frog to check the redirect chain and determine which URLs are involved in the loop. Look for any errors or inconsistencies in the redirects.
2: Check the redirect directives. Make sure that the redirect directives are correct and consistent. Use a redirect checker tool to ensure that the redirects are pointing to the right URLs and that there are no conflicting directives.
3: Check the server settings. Make sure that the server settings are configured correctly. Check for any misconfigured rewrite rules or other settings that could be causing the redirect loop.
4: Remove any unnecessary redirects. If there are multiple redirects between two URLs, try to remove the unnecessary ones. Simplify the redirect chain to reduce the chances of a loop occurring.
5: Test the redirects. After making any changes, test the redirects to ensure that they are working correctly. Use a tool like Redirect Checker or Screaming Frog to check the status of the redirects and ensure that there are no more loops.
By following these steps, you can fix a 301 redirect loop and ensure that your website is functioning correctly. It is important to address any redirect issues promptly to avoid negative impacts on your SEO and user experience.

diesel310

Level 1
Reaction score
A 301 redirect loop occurs when there is a continuous redirection between two or more URLs. This can happen due to a variety of reasons, such as incorrect redirects, conflicting directives, or misconfigured server settings. Here are some steps you can take to fix a 301 redirect loop:
1: Identify the cause of the redirect loop. Use a tool like SEMrush or Screaming Frog to check the redirect chain and determine which URLs are involved in the loop. Look for any errors or inconsistencies in the redirects.
2: Check the redirect directives. Make sure that the redirect directives are correct and consistent. Use a redirect checker tool to ensure that the redirects are pointing to the right URLs and that there are no conflicting directives.
3: Check the server settings. Make sure that the server settings are configured correctly. Check for any misconfigured rewrite rules or other settings that could be causing the redirect loop.
4: Remove any unnecessary redirects. If there are multiple redirects between two URLs, try to remove the unnecessary ones. Simplify the redirect chain to reduce the chances of a loop occurring.
5: Test the redirects. After making any changes, test the redirects to ensure that they are working correctly. Use a tool like Redirect Checker or Screaming Frog to check the status of the redirects and ensure that there are no more loops.
By following these steps, you can fix a 301 redirect loop and ensure that your website is functioning correctly. It is important to address any redirect issues promptly to avoid negative impacts on your SEO and user experience.
thank you! I'll take a look into this

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators