Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker is down again

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is back. I wonder what the latest lame excuse will be, and for the horrible lack of communication (again). More upgrades will no doubt be promised.

Nowhere near good enough Moniker. Nowhere near.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Moniker and SnapNames services are being brought back up. Please understand that some services may be intermittent as we progress through resolution. Please accept our apologies for the disruption.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Moniker and SnapNames services are being brought back up. Please understand that some services may be intermittent as we progress through resolution. Please accept our apologies for the disruption.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the big question is, why does it happen so often?

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We want to express our deepest apology for the service outage experienced on September 14, 2012. We understand that this failure impacted you and your business - we take this disruption very seriously and regret any inconvenience it caused.

Our first priority was to restore service to name servers being utilized for customer's websites then restored access to our sites used for management of accounts. The outage occurred due to network outages that have been addressed. We continue to take measures to mitigate recurrence of this type of issue in the future, and have deployed the implementation of these preventative measures.

We appreciate and value your business. Thank you for your patience and again our apologies for the downtime.

Sara

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Isn't that more or less the same as you said last time?

THIS TIME
"The outage occurred due to network outages that have been addressed. We continue to take measures to mitigate recurrence of this type of issue in the future, and have deployed the implementation of these preventative measures"

LAST TIME
"we do not disclose causes of network outages or technical details, data center locations, equiptment, software etc. We have taken the further steps to reduce these types of outages"

And I guess you still won't tell us exactly what the problem is.

So it doesn't mean a lot, does it?

What would you think, John, if you were a customer reading this? Would it convince you, in any way?

It's a serious question.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Outages"

Can't get any less information than that.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"network outages" means it was not directly Moniker's fault.
Give me a break. At least at Godaddy they had the dignity to admit they screwed up.

Every time I had problems with moniker in the past 7 years it was always some registry's network that was down, despite all other registrars working fine.
MAN UP!

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We don’t consider reporting a “Network Outage” to imply in any way that we are not directly or indirectly responsible for our own uptime or downtime
I value and appreciate the feedback. However, in our point of view "Network Outage" does NOT = Moniker is Not Responsible.

Every company has their own security policies. Ours is not to directly or indirectly report any potential causes .
We take responsibility for any outage, regardless of the cause, and are responsible for ensuring outages do not continue.

We appreciate and value your business. Thank you for your patience and again our apologies for the downtime.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
let's try problem solving 101.

Problem: Everyday I walk past this dog..he growls and tries to bite me. One day the dog actually did bite me and it hurt, last week I had to get twenty stitches. What should I do?

A)continue to walk past the dog...and ignore about all the blood and pain.
B)continue to walk past the dog...and complain about it over and over again
C)Nothing
D)stop walking past that dog...find another way to get to where you're heading

:yo:

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
E) Come back with dogfood ?

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Being in the IT consulting field for almost 30 years (28 years to be exact) I can feel the pain from both sides.

Businesses can't afford to be down like they used to be 20/30 years ago and you will lose customers regardless of how you explain the situation.

Except for mom-and-pop operations, most businesses should have a redundancy plan and it can be accomplished by having a hot site and second DNS. Network outrage is happening every day to a lot of businesses but the customers are not even aware of the situation if they use hot site and DNS backup.

The worst scenario would be to have a minimum access from the hot site so the customers don't feel like they are losing businesses because of the long down time.

Customers don't really care why or how it happened but they do care about why it keeps happening.

The customers do expect some down time once in a while for a short period (so the system administrators have the time to switch to the hot site) but it will make them upset if it keep happen for hours - This is the year 2012 and it is not acceptable.

May be now is the time to review the IT team and start making a replacement?!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Being in the IT consulting field for almost 30 years

Wait... I thought you were acting in elite movies while having babies with an anorexic French singer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom