Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker Redemption Period Question

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
Whatever you're smoking Dave, I want some of it.

Rational arguments dried up?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don`t get it how it can be a security issue?

before:
domain was deleted in about 45 days after going to redemp - money made by drop catchers. also Your called security risk for people who let domain drop

now:
domain dose not delete ( period for renewing is the same) - money made by registrar and drop catcher. also Your called security risk, who did not renew it.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
I don`t get it how it can be a security issue?

before:
domain was deleted in about 45 days after going to redemp - money made by drop catchers. also Your called security risk for people who let domain drop

now:
domain dose not delete ( period for renewing is the same) - money made by registrar and drop catcher. also Your called security risk, who did not renew it.

This is rubbish, and I requote from Directi conditions as already stated above but clearly not read.

Once a Domain Name is Deleted, the Domain Name would slip into the Redemption Period ONLY if the domain name was manually deleted before the expiry date, or is deleted by the system after the Renewal Grace Period and does not have any backorder against it. In all other cases a deleted domain name cannot be renewed/restored/redeemed.

The caveat " and does not have any backorder against it", clearly demonstrates that your rights have been reduced from what they would already have been. Domain registrars are also not obligated to provide a Registrar Hold period that is discretional, although most do. Wonder whether it would still be made available if your domain was worth a couple of million bucks? Somehow I doubt it!

Monikers policy statement includes:

....During this period a customer can renew a domain name registration; however, a grace period is not guaranteed and can change or be eliminated at any time without notice.....

........Please note that Moniker.com is obligated to pay the Registry for all domain renewals the day the domain name expires if it has not been renewed by a customer prior to the expiration date. We therefore take ownership of expired domains until such time they are renewed, back ordered, sold, or deleted......

No ambiguity there then. If Monty wants your name it is his!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
dwrixon said:
Rational arguments dried up?

I have better things to do than enlighten you why your rationale is flawed. At least you admitted that the original post was out of line.

I'll leave the rest to Moniker.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see they have changed the title. About time. Personally, they should do away with the whole redemption period and those who do not renew their names lose them. Then we wouldn't have this debate.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I see they have changed the title. About time. Personally, they should do away with the whole redemption period and those who do not renew their names lose them. Then we wouldn't have this debate.

totally agree
You pay for one year - domain is active, after that its not Your domain anymore.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
I have better things to do than enlighten you why your rationale is flawed. At least you admitted that the original post was out of line.

I'll leave the rest to Moniker.

Dwrixon said:
Yes, we have gone off topic in several directions here, my fault I guess. Does anyone have any information of Moniker's policy regarding Redemption, and indeed that of any other significant registrars?

My original apology to your correct observation of going of topic.

You clearly have problems reading English, if you the above is your deduction.

Dave Wrixon

stuff said:
totally agree
You pay for one year - domain is active, after that its not Your domain anymore.

I see that as fine provided that decision is explicitly made by ICANN or whoever subsequently has responsibility for governing such issues and is properly publicised so everyone is clear on the rules.

What has actually happened here is that registered have deliberately misinterpreted the guideline for their own profit, without providing the necessary public awareness that should be provided when there is such a major change, and still incredibly enjoy the status of being ICANN approved registrars. I think it is absolutely incredulous!

Now the peoples champion Moniker has actually gone the same route and if anything its terms and conditions are even worse than the norm in as much as they state that even the reduced leeway can be withdrawn, without prior notice. How much have they actually spent publicising this fact. Monty?

Dave Wrixon

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
How are the warnings coming along? I reported this thread to begin with, because I am tired of your continuous pumping of junk-bond IDN's. On top of that, you posted accusations about Moniker that are not true.

If someone has trouble comprehending something, that's you.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
How are the warnings coming along?

Well, I dare say you could use your Greek Mafia connections to get me banned if you put your mind to it.

I thought this was a forum. I thought this was a place for debate and further more I thought that was an art form developed by the Greeks.

Seems I was wrong on all counts.

Dave Wrixon

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alright thread closed since its gotten racist and biased ... I will reopen if an admin or Moniker requests it to be rediscussed. I havent seen any clear facts about any security risks ... only assumptions and misunderstandings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom