Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NAMEJET.com ~WARNING~ Disgusting behaviour!

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wonder if the "negotiations" were done with namejet knowing that potential buyer had rights or not? I mean did they just asked if the domain was for sale or did they demand the domain?

I once had a third party trying to buy a domain from me. Then I received a UDRP from a big company. Turns out the third party was a internet PI that was trying to frame me. He seemed to be a real buyer and never mentioned a TM or threatened me with a UDRP.

Also was the domain supposed to be on auction on the exact date or did the auction start earlier than usual?

Domain summit 2024

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wonder if the "negotiations" were done with namejet knowing that potential buyer had rights or not? I mean did they just asked if the domain was for sale or did they demand the domain?

I once had a third party trying to buy a domain from me. Then I received a UDRP from a big company. Turns out the third party was a internet PI that was trying to frame me. He seemed to be a real buyer and never mentioned a TM or threatened me with a UDRP.

Also was the domain supposed to be on auction on the exact date or did the auction start earlier than usual?

I see how hat could play out, yes I agree its possible but you last question confirms for me they dumped it intentionally.

When I look at the whois it was NOT a dropping or expired name. Rather the names last registrant ends in 4/14, no hint of a drop/expirey and absolutely no whois info at all until in the winning bidders name. No pending delete, nothing. Namejet has this name for the " missing " months in between perhaps and then decideds to auction it. Makes me curious now if on names they deciode to keep for themselves ( remember the netsol enom partnership ) have a history of not being recorded or if its just the sensitive one`s.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe the domain was in pendingdeletion/renewal mode because there wouldn't have been many bidders on it. And also I think this is how the TM holder noticed it: after the change in whois when the domain expired.

I am talking about a day or a week earlier than usual.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I look at the whois it was NOT a dropping or expired name. Rather the names last registrant ends in 4/14, no hint of a drop/expirey and absolutely no whois info at all until in the winning bidders name. No pending delete, nothing. Namejet has this name for the " missing " months in between perhaps and then decideds to auction it. Makes me curious now if on names they deciode to keep for themselves ( remember the netsol enom partnership ) have a history of not being recorded or if its just the sensitive one`s.

I've noticed with Enom and other names on NameJet that even though it shows that it is registered with the previous owner, they do not have it anymore. The registrar automatically renews the domain for the registrant (for the reepmtion period) then sells the domain in their aftermarket if a certian amount of time passes so the domain still shows that it is not in pending delete but isn't controlled by the rtegistrant anymore.

I got one back in June that didn't expire until March 2009. Until the WhoIs changed over to me, it was showing as if the previous owner owned it.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think a while ago I would have tended to agree with you but lately there are sio many tools, be it offered by the auction comapny themselves or personal that allow you to seek out and find auctioned names with ovtéw and number of bidders. One bidder make 2 and so on all with hours.

However as you said it may have been and the communication was to prevent the drop É So many possible senarios atm. One thing I know is it stinks quite a bit and my nose is usually very good at sniffing this crap out.

The complaintant mentioned communication with namejet for a reason. To show prior efforst, that is what imo matters.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need to know what the communication was about and in what context before I am sure what happened.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need to know what the communication was about and in what context before I am sure what happened.

Working on that, as you can guess lawyers for the `other side ` are not always helpful lol I will let everyone know the moment I do.

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I daily watch so many names auctioned on namejet which have TM issues attached to them. Personally, i had been thru all this once (Won a TM domain) and namejet refused to issue me a refund. From that incident, i have learnt a lesson and now, i only bid on namejet auctions AFTER complete research.

bigslim

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This happened to my partner last year! He wont a name for 30k then after payment namejet says they got a complaint and took the name back!!! After contacting a lawyer they offered 15k back but they wouldnt refund him with cash so they gave him a credit!! How BS is that????

NameJetGM

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JP,

NameJet does monitor this board and would like to comment on your post.

My name is Steve Brown and I am the General Manager of NameJet. NameJet, LLC is a domain auction company which is an independently run joint venture between eNom and Network Solutions. This fact has never been hidden from the public, as we sent a press release that announced the joint venture when the service was launched in October of 2007. Additionally, NameJet is not a registrar and NameJet is not the registrant for any domain names other than those associated with the NameJet brand. NameJet auctions pre-release domains that have expired at its registrar partners and Pending Delete Domains from any registrar where the domain deletes at the registry.

Based on the limited details in your post, it implies that if the name being discussed went to auction, it was a Pre-Release name since there could be no guarantee that NameJet would acquire a Pending Delete domain. Working on this assumption, I can provide some facts about NameJet and its policies.

You state in your post that NameJet offered to “sell the name” to the UDRP complainant for $7,500 and this was refused by the complainant and therefore a UDRP was filed. This could not have been the case. NameJet and its employees do not and cannot “negotiate a sale” of any expired Pre-Release domain name prior to an auction. NameJet has no rights to any expired Pre-Release domain names at any time other than to perform auctions on behalf of its partners. NameJet is also not authorized to take any action related to a UDRP since it has no legal relationship or authority over a domain name. NameJet would notify its registrar partners if it did receive such a legal notice regarding an expired domain. The registrar of record must be the party responsible for taking action with respect to the domain name in dispute. Our Pre-Release registrar partners do not allow expired domain names to go to auction if there is any type of court order against the domain name such as a UDRP.

Please provide us with more facts and details such as the domain name, registrar listed on the UDRP, and the name of the company that filed the UDRP, and NameJet will look into this allegation further. Please send all correspondence regarding this matter to legal@namejet.us and we will investigate immediately. While we research the matter, I would prefer to work directly with you rather than exchanging posts. Once resolved, we will be happy to post the final outcome on this thread on DN Forum.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JP,

NameJet does monitor this board and would like to comment on your post.

My name is Steve Brown and I am the General Manager of NameJet. NameJet, LLC is a domain auction company which is an independently run joint venture between eNom and Network Solutions. This fact has never been hidden from the public, as we sent a press release that announced the joint venture when the service was launched in October of 2007. Additionally, NameJet is not a registrar and NameJet is not the registrant for any domain names other than those associated with the NameJet brand. NameJet auctions pre-release domains that have expired at its registrar partners and Pending Delete Domains from any registrar where the domain deletes at the registry.

Based on the limited details in your post, it implies that if the name being discussed went to auction, it was a Pre-Release name since there could be no guarantee that NameJet would acquire a Pending Delete domain. Working on this assumption, I can provide some facts about NameJet and its policies.

You state in your post that NameJet offered to “sell the name” to the UDRP complainant for $7,500 and this was refused by the complainant and therefore a UDRP was filed. This could not have been the case. NameJet and its employees do not and cannot “negotiate a sale” of any expired Pre-Release domain name prior to an auction. NameJet has no rights to any expired Pre-Release domain names at any time other than to perform auctions on behalf of its partners. NameJet is also not authorized to take any action related to a UDRP since it has no legal relationship or authority over a domain name. NameJet would notify its registrar partners if it did receive such a legal notice regarding an expired domain. The registrar of record must be the party responsible for taking action with respect to the domain name in dispute. Our Pre-Release registrar partners do not allow expired domain names to go to auction if there is any type of court order against the domain name such as a UDRP.

Please provide us with more facts and details such as the domain name, registrar listed on the UDRP, and the name of the company that filed the UDRP, and NameJet will look into this allegation further. Please send all correspondence regarding this matter to legal@namejet.us and we will investigate immediately. While we research the matter, I would prefer to work directly with you rather than exchanging posts. Once resolved, we will be happy to post the final outcome on this thread on DN Forum.

Questions:

1) Why are you not ALREADY involved in this very serious matter? You have had in issue dealing with the credibility of your company in front of your biggest pool of customers for a couple of weeks now, and your response is essentially "email me and I'll look into it"???!!! BAD ANSWER.

2) "NameJet would notify its registrar partners if it did receive such a legal notice regarding an expired domain. The registrar of record must be the party responsible for taking action with respect to the domain name in dispute." So you don't think YOU should take action to stop YOUR customer from being blindsided with a lawsuit??? DISGUSTING.

You may have done better to stay in hiding. This long-time customer is really put off by your lack of ethics.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thing is that namejet is never the registrar on any of the prerelease domains.
It's either enom or netsol. So it's at least strange that someone would contact namejet about a domain. But then again enom and netsol own namejet!

I would love to read this complaint. Especially the exhibits.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the time Mr. Brown, it is appreciated.

My friend received the paper documentation yesterday of the udrp and it states they the complaintant was emailed and offered the name for sale. It states a name and email address. Perhaps this is an issue you would like to discuss further with the winning bidder. I have asked him to email you the current facts. Is this person an employee of yours is the question, is it someone acting alone ? It is something your company will have to look at and investigate. I will not post that persons name or email here but my friend would surely pass it on to you. Thank you

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will not ever every use NAMEJET FROM NOW!!!!

NAMEJET SUCKS, RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!!!

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the time Mr. Brown, it is appreciated.

My friend received the paper documentation yesterday of the udrp and it states they the complaintant was emailed and offered the name for sale. It states a name and email address. Perhaps this is an issue you would like to discuss further with the winning bidder. I have asked him to email you the current facts. Is this person an employee of yours is the question, is it someone acting alone ? It is something your company will have to look at and investigate. I will not post that persons name or email here but my friend would surely pass it on to you. Thank you

Was the email from namejet, enom, netsol, gmail,hotmail etc..?

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that another bidder decided to contacted the TM holder ( Not NJ , NS or Enom ) prior winning the domain , probably wanting just to test if they will gonna pay 7500$ ,and only after it to decide for how much to raise his bid or to pass it

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was the email from namejet, enom, netsol, gmail,hotmail etc..?

No idea, thats the thing. My friend is not sure who this individual is or which registrar or company he works for, my brief research didnt uncover much of anything on him. Maybe Mr. Brown can associate it to some one, lets hope. I wonder even if they could if it would be something they state publicly. We'll see I guess. Not much I can do but point my friend to Mr. Brown atm.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that another bidder decided to contacted the TM holder ( Not NJ , NS or Enom ) prior winning the domain , probably wanting just to test if they will gonna pay 7500$ ,and only after it to decide for how much to raise his bid or to pass it

That was what I thought too. If it's a gmail email then it's pretty possible.
That would explain the dates too. 28th domains goes into auction. 29th was after the domain was in auction so nobody could enter the auction. 31st respondent wins the domain.

No idea, thats the thing. My friend is not sure who this individual is or which registrar or company he works for, my brief research didnt uncover much of anything on him. Maybe Mr. Brown can associate it to some one, lets hope. I wonder even if they could if it would be something they state publicly. We'll see I guess. Not much I can do but point my friend to Mr. Brown atm.

So you just have a name? Isn't the whole email screenshot in the exhibit?
Doesn't it show the email of the person?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was what I thought too. If it's a gmail email then it's pretty possible.
That would explain the dates too. 28th domains goes into auction. 29th was after the domain was in auction so nobody could enter the auction. 31st respondent wins the domain.

So you just have a name? Isn't the whole email screenshot in the exhibit?
Doesn't it show the email of the person?

Wasn't a free email and yes he has the whole of it :)

If it turns out to be a bidder on namejet what action will namejet do besides simply ban that user, who could simply rejoin again ? Wouldnt this mean I could go scan all the big auctions email most likely tm holders offering the names for sale for X before I bid and screw everyone who wins if the tm holder pursues it via wipo/udrp etc. We all know approaching the tm holder ( sometimes not even a tm holder ) can wake a sleeping giant. If more isnt done to this person employee or not I fear no name is safe to bid on as someone already emailed the tm holders !

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators