Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Namewinner has new look and features

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
One question: in the bidding table it gives you the base prices at various time intervals. With less than 20 hours it is $25 for example. But I cannot find anywhere that says 20 hours to WHAT TIME? Is it 10AM (the end of normal bidding), 10:15AM (the end of extended bidding) or 11am (the time the deletion process actually starts)?

More simply, when does the final 20 hours begin - 2pm the day before, 2:15pm or 3pm (all Pacific times)?

from 20 hours 'till the end of the open or extended periods.

a private auction costs $50 to enter into if you have not already placed a bid on that domain, and it is free if you have placed a bid.

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JuniperPark

NOT true. I've been using NW for years, and it will not accept bids under $15 from me.

ID: Juniperpark

If you enter the proxy as $15, it will be added to your list at 8.75 with a proxy of $15. Don't worry about the proxy of $15, the next bid increment is still $25 as always. We will fix the interface for the grandfathered customers so this is not so confusing.

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hellstrom
Can the first bid still be removed?

Yes, you can remove bids that you are the only bidder on.
But...
There is now a limit of 10 removals per day and no removals are allowed after 7am PST.

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainOgre
How do you add names with this new site? All I see is how they let you search for a name that is expiring in 1 to 5 days and then you bid on those.

If you charge more for bids on names that are dropping in 4 days or less, we should be able to add any name in the redemption period.

For example, if you type in something like namebutlers.com (currently in the redemption period) I dont see anywhere to bid on it because it says "No matches were found".

Am I missing something here?

We will be adding the single domain add to the accoutn management page shortly. Until then, use the bulk bidding page or go to the home page to add a single name.

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dominion

Nope I don't think you are missing something unless I am as well. Also I tried putting in a few .org's that drop tomorrow. Same result "No matches were found."

Ohhh well Namewinner WAS nice.

Again, use the bulk bidding tool or the single bid tool on the home page after you log in. You can add any name in existence with those tools.

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainEmpire.com
DomainOgre & Dominion, I've your same problem, I don't know how adding domains in "redemptionperiod" now, I continue to get this damn message as you did:
"No matches were found".

But ther's a catch probably because someone has just oubidded me on 4 3letters .com !

Really Very Confused now :(

Again, use the bulk bidding tool or bid on a single name from the home page. You can add any name in existence with those.

you are not limited to the search tool.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameWinner Guy

If you enter the proxy as $15, it will be added to your list at 8.75 with a proxy of $15. Don't worry about the proxy of $15, the next bid increment is still $25 as always. We will fix the interface for the grandfathered customers so this is not so confusing.

That's what I did. It is NOT working, no bid at all was entered. On another name I entered $25. NOT work. I don't say 'proxy' on my menu in the only place to enter bids, so who knows.

The system is badly broken.

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
Oh man.

To say the new system is confusing is not true.

Truth is, it's CONFUSINGLY confusing - i just don't get it.

Also, although i am a long time customer at NW, when trying to insert a name that is in pending delete, it told me my current bid would not meet the minimum bid - although it had that default(?) $15 in the input field.So i clicked on "view" and it showed $25 minimum required.

What's up with that?

I thought we were grandfathered?

Also, why is it not possible to look up the minimum bid as soon as you have added a name to your "watch list" (i had to use the "back" button of my browser to go back to adding process to view minimum bid)?

Geez - how come everyone and their mother seems to think making it more difficult for their customers is the new way to go lately(NW,snapnames etc.etc) ?

That domain already had a minimum bid of 8.75 placed on it. The next bid increment is $25, which is what it showed.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameWinner Guy

Again, use the bulk bidding tool or bid on a single name from the home page. You can add any name in existence with those.

you are not limited to the search tool.

I tried to add over 100 names with $8.75 bids, all in redemption period, using bulk bidding.

Every single one rejected, whole bunch of error messages that made no sense at all.

The system is badly broken. I suggest you go back to the old system until you have this working.

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Looks like you can only select names from their expiring lists and direct entry of names is gone.
Namewinner as we know it appears to be dead - this seems now to be just an alternative domain auction site.

Again, use the bulk bidding tool or the single domain tool on the home page. We will add the single domain tool to the account page soon.

You can still add any name in existence and are not limited to the search page.

NameWinner Guy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz

Even more, i just looked the name up in the "expired names" search and indeed it is listed there and indeed it shows a base bid of $15 - so why does the system tell me a minimum bid of $25 is required( well it didnt tell me that to be exact; it said my bid is too low and i had to find out myself that minimum apparently is $25); and why is it $15 anyway when i thought for me as grandfathered customer it would be $8.75 ?

Namewinner Guy - ANSWERS PLEASE !

Thanks. :)

The base bid indicates what the first bid on that name would be based on how close the name is to the drop date. If it tells you the minimum bid is $25, there is already a minimum bid on that domain.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about finally giving us the ability to remove domains from our list that we were outbid on and lost. I have been carrying around this dead weight for months now.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
How about finally giving us the ability to remove domains from our list that we were outbid on and lost. I have been carrying around this dead weight for months now.

Good point - maybe on track to catch them next time around!

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
" Yes, you can remove bids that you are the only bidder on.
But...
There is now a limit of 10 removals per day and no removals are allowed after 7am PST. "

I received no notice of this till this morning, why the heck didnt you send something last week, I am not paying for those 2 Domains if they are caught, charge backs will be made.

Mike

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On 8/26, I won EVENTPHOTOGRAPHY.NET and was billed for it. The name STILL is not in my Dotster account, and there is no response whatsoever to the email I sent about this 3 days ago.

So... what's going on? What's the expected turnaround on support requests?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about the ability to remove more names at once? Using tick boxes...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow

That would be good and another thing that is missing now is the checkboxes that were next to the names. Those allowed you to select a large group of names and delete them all at once to clean up your watch list. Now you have to do it one at a time which is very tedious (especially with over 1000 names in my list).
Can we get those checkboxes back?

I have spent a couple of hours with the system today. Started out cursing it but after learning my way around I started warming up to it more. I'm still in the undecided category until I have some more experience with it. It's certainly an enormously complicated auction system requiring people to remember which dates names have to be entered by to get the best prices, various times of day that different actions are required etc. I can envision a lot of people simply deciding not to try to deal with all of that. For professional traders it may be worth the effort however.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of the Snap problem last week. Because, a couple people abusing the system. They now make it difficult to do business with them.

What scares me is the time consumption. Plus, the cost of domains because of the bidding after it is caught.

I think they put some thought into it. But, I also think they said among themselves "we will make changes as we go along".

And, I think we are finding those bugs now.

What this will do is increase their return on the names they catch. And, let the marginally profitable catches slowly disappear. Considering that their catch rate (success rate) is dropping because of

1. New influx of registrars, and
2. The new, major competitor with the best catching programs.

But, why go thru this, if WLS ( www.WaitListingSite.com , sorry about the short commercial) will become a reality in 45 to 60 days?

Can they make up the cost of the new reprograming in that time frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom