Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Namewinner has new look and features

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sensed a change in the force.

They had to make their new registrar partners happy. :)

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im a little confused. I see a bunch of names being auctioned off there that are not for sale including a few of my names.

Whats up with that?

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two things:-

1) Can I second (or third, or whatever) the calls being made to allow names that you failed to get at drop time and which one has bid higher than the starting bid on to be deleted.

For example, if I bid on somedomain.com and my bid is at $196 but I didn't get it, I might not want the domain 1 year, 2 years etc. from now since it's very likely that I found an alternate domain for my needs.

I think the default should be to automatically delete (or archive for reference) bids on names that you miss

2. Can you please ask somebody to sort out the sort on the "Billing history" page. It's frustrating to have to page up and down squinting at the list to see which invoices are in what year, because they're not in date order.

Thanks!

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Edwin
I think the default should be to automatically delete (or archive for reference) bids on names that you miss
I think its important to be able to get rid of these, but I'd hesitate to have them automatically deleted too quickly. I'd like to review what happened. Maybe after a week they dissappear automatically? I think that would work for most everybody. After a week, I can keep my own notes on what happened. In addition, I'd like to be able to click a little trashcan and delete my "watch" on "closed" names.

~ Nexus

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, it may make more sense to have to physically delete name you are no longer interested in. I can see where there would be a reason to give the option of keeping a missed domain on the list, sort of a "monitoring" function.

Of course, the day WLS hits, this will be irrelevant. In fact, all of this will be irrelevant.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
man, the new NW sucks. i was just starting to get back into NW, and i've given them $1000s of dollars as a customer.

ANY decent name will have last minute bids that send it into 'auction,' therefore rendering the first bidding process pointless.

NW will make more money because people are stupid, and they will bid the name way up in the passion-filled moments leading up to the drop. then they will just have to continue to bid up the already jacked price.

so should you bid what the domain is worth to you during the first step? if you do, you know you'll just be forced to bid beyond that during step two. i guess that means you should try pick some smaller bid for the domain for the first round? what's the point of that? and what logical strategy could you use?

it's a little silly. might as well just go to pool model. add names, and if NW grabs them a bidding process begins. now i have to sit at my computer for hours as people place bids in the endless-15-minute-extension system? what a pain in the f**king ass.

Android

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Confusin' as hell!

"And thats all I've got to say about that!" - Forrest Gump

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NW caught those 2 Domains I DIDNT WANT!

Expect to here from me soon, looks like its charge back time.

Mike

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameWinner Guy, i very much appreciate your efforts to explain the new system, but i have to say i believe your efforts won't help as the system is still much too complicated now, no matter how much in depth explanations we will get.

It's just too complicated.Period.

I still can't believe NW came up with such a complicated new model.For customers, that's for sure, it doesn't mean improvement.

So far i have only seen complaints about the new system with one exception in this thread and i think there is a reason for it.

Maybe NW should rethink this new "strategy".

Personally, i don't think i will continue using NW - really, it's just too confusing and i don't have the time to sit around all day in front of the computer just to monitor my NW bids.

Funny - since pool has appeared on the scene most of their competitors seem to make the wrong decisions...all resulting in the exact opposite of was tried to achieve (to stay competitive with pool) and making it more complicated for their customers and thus kicking themselves outta business slowly but surely (cuz without customers you are nothing) - looks like pool has won.

What a shame - another former useful service has decided to go down the toilet.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool
seems weird that namewinner would go through all that work when it looks like wls is a month away

About 2 months away actually - Oct 27th. It appears that everyone is trying to flog the horse harder to escape from the seething WLS volcano.

Personally, I find the new NW system okay if you are just going for 1-2 names at any one time.

Dominion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool
seems weird that namewinner would go through all that work when it looks like wls is a month away

I would assume they started on its development within a few days/weeks of Pools entry to the market. Once they saw a posibility of increasing revenue by doing a pre and post catch auction a revamp was started.

Suddenly WLS is on the horizon so they thought they might as well launch it now even though it is not well thought out, and get a few weeks of extra revenue.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They can always use the system to try to fish the impending LR expirations for .INFO and .BIZ :). I've already got all my missed .BIZ names lined up for possible Nov expire Jan 2004 drops at Pool.com :)

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you add orgs that aren't on their list?

Dominion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
How do you add orgs that aren't on their list?

Try the "bulk bidding tool", thats what NameWinner Guy said.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with others that it should be possible to remove our high bids for names which were won by other services.

We do not want to have these high bids carry over from year to year.

We may not have enough money the next year. The name might not be worth anything the next year, especially (but not only) if it is a traffic domain.

Please, please NameWinner give us the ability to remove our high bids on names that dropped and which you didn't get.

Thanks.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Think I'm finally getting the hang of it!? And I do not like it!

Anyone catch an $8.75 name yet? How about $15.? Got 4 yes. that cost me $25. each and 2 more today. Bids placed between 9:45-10:, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators