Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Namewinner: Please tell me why!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stuff, It's just the new service put in place to win names. Each name registered may have
bids placed during the "bid period" and the highest bid wins that name. If you are a third party and snagged the name with a partner registrar your account is credited the winning commissions (provided our credit card is valid) for that name and the name is silently transfered to the highest bid name winner. The "bid period"
starts upon any name registered except names that
are declared outside the "bid period". In order
to insure a fair bid process the "bid period" extends until all bids are accepted and checked for valid credit card entries and payments methods. This service saves lots of time on the part of the original name registrant because he only has to select a winning name and all the accounting and transfering is taken care of. Using this "blind trust" method and the "bid period" will insure all parties are treated fairly. You should have received a commission on the Dec 3 registration equal to the high bid less your bid
and any ICANN fees and other related handling cost. I'm sure once this new system gets greased and fully running we'll all be happy with the results. Never mind any credible method to verify that you have in fact registered the name and that the "bid period" extends into the long hours and days ahead, you should be proud that you were the first to place a bid on this name thus starting the "bid period". I'm sure as time goes on other registrars will want to use this most accurate and fair method to set a fair price for registrations. I can see a network of registrars taking bids during the "bid period" of every name registered. This could save all of us a lot of time. Just place your bid on the names of your choice and like a salvage auto parts network your names will be listed on thousands of socket war sites ready to duel it out. Of course the highest bid wins at the end of the "bid period" unless the "bid period" is extended. I believe that of the millions of names currently registered and active that the "bid period" may still be running. Of course you wouldn't know that until you placed your bid by "registering" the winning name. Your case here is just the start. Good luck on your next chase.

Say What?

Domain summit 2024

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Momentum
Say What?

Yeah, really... Whatever he was trying to explain, I don't get it.

hollayo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by changejobs
how can someone tell when snapnames gets a name
regards
larry

go to the snapname site... if a domain looks like it is going to drop and is picked up by one of their registrar affiliates it is likely snapnames (thought it could be a transfer as it almost always is w/ net sol or something else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators