Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

auctions Naturals.info- $1 no reserve auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aren't there extensions to the auction of five minutes per if bids are still being offered at the time of close?

I'll be interested to see how mods treat this as I plan more auctions in the near future.

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was more of a joke really...actually a comment made out of admiration ;).

Just let the mods sort it out...If you won and my interpretation is wrong...you deserve the name...

Whatever happens, but i thank you for ur support.

But as i said, i am withdrawing my claim, you are free to decide yourself. I am NOW not seeking mod's help, i leave it on you. Domain is not important but relations are.

Last edited:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aren't there extensions to the auction of five minutes per if bids are still being offered at the time of close?

I'll be interested to see how mods treat this as I plan more auctions in the near future.

Right...I am actually glad 'rajs1ngh' brought this up...there are some unanswered questions with the process (for me at least)....

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I believe this is the rule in question:

4. You must specify an exact end time, of which time zone, and the date. NO "ends *hours after last bid" allowed. AT YOUR LEISURE, you may also allow for provisions of anti-sniping, so that a bid placed within the last 5 minutes of the auction would extend the auction by an additional 5 minutes to the clock. The standard to this rule, if its not exactly specified by the thread starter is this - 4 minutes remaining, bid placed, 5 minutes get added, so clock gives 9 total minutes till end of auction. If 1 minute or less is remaining, 5 minutes get added, so the clock gives 6 total minutes before auction closes. This is the standard to be used whereby anti-snipe is in place (and ONLY if anti-snipe is in place as would be stated by the auction holder). If anti-snipe is NOT clearly specified, it is not in effect. Anti-snipe is a new procedure in effect as of April 10, 2008 (4/10/2008).

stickied auction rules for this subforum say to please follow rules as given in the other platinum sales subfourms. the above is from the platinum auctions subforum rules sticky.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4. You must specify an exact end time, of which time zone, and the date. NO "ends *hours after last bid" allowed. AT YOUR LEISURE, you may also allow for provisions of anti-sniping, so that a bid placed within the last 5 minutes of the auction would extend the auction by an additional 5 minutes to the clock. The standard to this rule, if its not exactly specified by the thread starter is this - 4 minutes remaining, bid placed, 5 minutes get added, so clock gives 9 total minutes till end of auction. If 1 minute or less is remaining, 5 minutes get added, so the clock gives 6 total minutes before auction closes. This is the standard to be used whereby anti-snipe is in place (and ONLY if anti-snipe is in place as would be stated by the auction holder). If anti-snipe is NOT clearly specified, it is not in effect. Anti-snipe is a new procedure in effect as of April 10, 2008 (4/10/2008).

According to this rule...Carter would win with the $191 bid. I pm'd moderator John for clarification...I will wait to hear from John.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

According to this rule...Carter would win with the $191 bid. I pm'd moderator John for clarification...I will wait to hear from John.

Pm me your PayPal details thanks.

Last edited:

victory

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I'm confusing.

I've bid another auction recently.
http://www.dnforum.com/f556/freevideos-info-1-no-reserve-thread-319054.html

According to this rule..Must i be a winner...?

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to the forum rules and OP information. Victory is the official winner (bid at 11:00AM EST) as there is no anti-sniping clause from the first post.

Thanks,
John

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Next time is better if I invest my time in some serious auctions.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to the forum rules and OP information. Victory is the official winner (bid at 11:00AM EST) as there is no anti-sniping clause from the first post.

Thanks,
John

Thanks for sorting this out John....

PM sent to Victory...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

victory

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
John

Thanks for your clearing John,

Payment and PM sent.
Thanks

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks John. Your clarification would be really helpful for future auctions

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Payment received...name pushed.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom