Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Netsol Monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced unavailable names at several registrars, but available for registration at Netsol?

I checked the whois DB at register.com for a particular domain name, but it wasn't found, so I checked Netsol'c DB and it was available. Then I checked a couple of other registrars to see if it was a glitch, but it's not available anywhere else.

Domain summit 2024

Urm, that can't happen.

Domain availability is dictated by the RRP responses - so you can't have a situation where one registrar can reg a domain that others can't.

Never consult NetSol's WHOIS for live domains. Check out Register.com - GoDaddy.com - Stargate.com - RegisterFly.com

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok... I tried to register the name at netsol and it was already taken, but their whois DB said it was available. It was probably just a glitch. Thanks....

See, NetSol does not query the live database for WHOIS - not until you decide to bite the bullet and register with them :D

The WHOIS is a useless tool to use to check availability. Its a distributed model with the central "hub" (internic.net) being updated once per day so its always historic rather than realtime.

So when you check a domain against the WHOIS at a registrar, all it can check is that one registrars local db and the lagged internic whois.

safesys, the ones I mentioned above always query the live database. NetSol does not.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>safesys, the ones I mentioned above always query the live database. NetSol does not.

There is no "live database". A small number of registrars run realtime WHOIS, but the pointer database at Verisign GRS is NOT realtime (as safesys already told you).

WHOIS is not meant to be used to check availability. That's what the SRS is for.

In effect that's what I said, Drewbert. Avoid NetSol to check availability of domains. Use the other ones I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators