Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker New Moniker's System

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems that simple just isn't good enough for some people. Everyone thinks making fancy interfaces is the new norm but I tell you that the old "working" interface was my favorite. I don't need fancy page loads and HTML5. I just need to click renew, submit, fill in form, and pay. You don't make it simpler by making it more complicated. Moniker you F'n MORONS!

IndustryDomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Moniker is reading this
PLEASE roll back to your old system IMMEDIATELY - your current system is broken

Last edited:

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I second that call to a full rollback and IMMEDIATELY. The old one worked perfectly fine. This however is total CRAP. Moniker needs to take immediate action on this.

iridium

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is indeed terrible, the interface is archaic to say the least, and with absolutely no notices / explanations to customers

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday I asked for 9 domains to be immediately deleted, this morning 2 were, however the "jobs" box still shows 9 LOL

It's a mess to say the least and the invoices and or emails are very unprofessional.

Also did we lose that extra step of security where when requesting a transfer out a buyer gets an email from moniker and forward to the seller to login and accept thus starting the transfer??? Does that even exist anymore, god I feel like I am starting to domain again, the year 2004 lol

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They charged me the renewal fees for the names that I did not want to renew.
Now they sent an email said they have problem to refund my money!!!!

What a disaster!
They keep sending crap emails and I don't even know what is the status of my names - the one that I submitted for renew never got a confirmation.
I am too busy with other things to do and don't have time with this craps.

Who is the hell is the CEO: Bonnie Wittenburg -come out and explain to members.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When Moniker won't come on here and let us know what is happening it really is a bad sign. We know they are members here and they have viewed this thread.
They are not doing their already wobbly rep any good.
After moving most of my names away from them I just started moving a bunch back to them. This is a real kick in the shins.

Listen up Moniker....let us know what is happening

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I just wasted an hour of my time this morning between sitting on the phone waiting for support & then finally talking to someone. Like many people I see - unauthorized charges to my credit card occurred on names I chose to let expire. I told them by email yesterday they couldn't charge my credit card but it was done anyway. These names that were so easy to find in the old system could not be found in my account. There is a reason why invoices we received for these unauthorized charges had different customer IDs... apparently new accounts were created . In fact - I was told that I have 4 separate accounts when in reality I always have had only one. So one of these accounts had my expired domain names in them & I am worried that other names from my original account may not be in my actual account to be honest.

Does that make everyone feel better?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did they even bother beta-testing this?
I mean being able to renew a name? (not even considering some of the many other issues they are having)...this should not be an issue if any testing at all was done....seriously!

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
....and I am now showing 2 Customer numbers when I login. My original one and my "new" one....

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They finally took that farce of a system offline. They should have never rolled it out in the first place. They have a lot of bugs to fix imho and I think they should just rollback.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker used to be the gold standard of domain registrars. Well, at least they're addressing the problems now... Does anybody know when the maintenance notice was put online? It says that operations will resume by 9am EDT, but they don't give a date. I'm on a different time zone, so kindly help me out if you can: Wasn't 9am EDT four hours ago? I am hopeful that we won't have to wait until tomorrow.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the renewal they charged me 5 times to a credit card that I never used for Moniker.
As a result the credit card company just called and locked my card now.

Who do I sue for my inconvenience?

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are actually down as of this time.

"
To All Moniker Customers,

This past weekend we launched a completely new Moniker experience which involved the release of an entirely new Moniker website and customer portal. Our goal is to increase the products and services we offer while at the same time maintaining a robust set of tools that enable clients to effectively manage their Web properties in a single place.

We are aware that our systems were experiencing issues after the transition which resulted in outages affecting customers. Our engineering team is investigating these issues and is working to resolve them as quickly as possible. To ensure a fast recovery of site-wide functionality, we have decided to perform ongoing maintenance.

As a result, all services accessed through the website interface and API are currently unavailable. All domain services including DNS Hosting, URL Forwarding, Email Forwarding and general usage of domains registered at Moniker.com will remain unaffected. Please excuse any inconvenience this may cause.

All operations will be resumed at 9:00 am (EDT). As you can imagine, these issues have caused a significant increase in call volume to our support staff and we are working diligently to resolve each and every case. We are working around the clock to resolve your questions and concerns expeditiously.

Sincerely,
Your Team @ Moniker
"

kektex

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The new site design is terrible. I cannot find a way to see what domains have auto-renew on or off. I also cannot find a way to enable or disable auto-renew.

This new design, coupled with the downtime and terrible customer service have made me look for a new registrar.
Unfortunately, it seems UI design teams for registrars are not very good! There's another big registrar that recently went through a site redesign and its a huge UI mess now.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was at 1,200 or so domains with Moniker several years ago. Now I have roughly 40 domains with them. I have domains with a pending expiration status that I need to renew in the next few days. Hopefully they come back online shortly.

I've always waffled over whether or not to continue using their services. From a customer's perspective it has been a pretty unpleasant ride over the last 7-8 years (bad customer service, frequent outages, etc.). The simplicity of their interface is what kept me around, I personally found it to be one of the best out there. I haven't had a chance to login and see the new interface. Judging by the comments here it sounds pretty bad.

Bari was the best thing they ever had. She should be running that company.

patents

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We now have domain names that we attempted to renew at Moniker.com appearing "in auction" today on snapnames. Watch your names and keep records of everything.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators