Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker New Moniker's System

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just logged in for the first time. There is absolutely no way that I will continue using Moniker. The interface is hands down the worst out there.

I also submitted an extremely important help ticket 2 weeks ago, which I'm assuming they have no intentions of answering.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well Moniker lied to me on the phone yesterday about refunding my credit card. I did get an email this morning however saying they had credited my Moniker account for one of the unauthorized credit card charges. No such credit was issued to my account. Apparently it was issued to one of the other accounts they had created during this massive joke of an event. So I got back on the phone again today after wasting an hour yesterday.... again wasting more time. However - I wasn't to pleasant this time around after being misled yesterday. I gave them 1 hour to get things resolved or I said I would go ballistic on Twitter... I then hung up on them. Time is money & dinking around with incompetency isn't worth the effort.

The reality is that they have screwed up people's credit card balances & businesses. I know of 1 person who had to cancel their credit card because of Moniker's continuous unauthorized charges. If you were near your credit card limit & then had Moniker whack you - you then could face over-the-limit fees charged by your credit card and increased interest rates. In addition - other charges you initially had funds for you all of a sudden don't.

I call it my "Twitter card" which I've used only 3x for incompetency & fraud. (lemon computer, SponsoredTweets click fraud, Ad network failing to pay me). I should mention I have over 700,000 Twitter followers... -

Last edited:

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just download the list of the names and 99% of them have the wrong expiration dates.
They do not match with what I have on file.
They are off by 2 days.
If the expiration date was 6/1/2014 it's 6/3/2014
Another word - they stole 2 days from the the original date. This is a lot of money if you consider how many names they have now.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One can only assume this switch over lead to all the issues and nothing was intentional or it is a business decision to make more money via unethical and possibly fraudulent practice. Depending upon the outcome in the coming weeks, we'll soon find out.

Charging for unwanted renewals
Changing registration dates
Not refunding in a timely fashion
Misplacing or losing domains
Security features disabled or general services like unlocking or transferring not working

Some look unethical, some would not benefit them, hard to say still what they were doing or thinking, hopefully it is a tech issue and not a made decision.

Last edited:

shimmy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got any replies to support emails? So far I got zero replies and I've seen zero problems fixed with the site

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On a positive note, I do like how the domains are finally listed in lowercase letters.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got any replies to support emails? So far I got zero replies and I've seen zero problems fixed with the site
Yes, I got a reply to a support ticket two days ago. Also, I was able to change my payment options and re-enter my CC data, which had not worked at first.

Those who were overcharged should note that Moniker acknowledged this problem on their site. I'm still not happy with the new system myself, but I think people should be careful with allegations of fraud. A lot went wrong; it is doubtful that it was done on purpose, however.

kektex

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received Auth codes for domains? I requested 5 codes over an hour ago and I'm not getting them.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An hour ago lol at this point in time I suspect you could have typed 5 days ;)

Did the names unlock for you ok, did you get conf on that?

kektex

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An hour ago lol at this point in time I suspect you could have typed 5 days ;)

Did the names unlock for you ok, did you get conf on that?

Ah that seems to be the problem. The domains have been unlocking for about 2 hours now.
I don't know, somewhere deep in my brain I had the hope that transferring out was going to be a quick process... :rolleyes:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sometimes the whois has been changed to privacy when i had no privacy or even weirder, lists the ceo of moniker as the registrant...

Tikkun

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sometimes the whois has been changed to privacy when i had no privacy or even weirder, lists the ceo of moniker as the registrant...

They changed enormous numbers of my domain's whois info to their CEOs. I wrote to them a gentle reminder that theft is frowned upon, and to change this info back to the rightful owners pronto.

For the domains I can still access, around 500 of them, that throws yet another bone into transferring them anywhere... cuz now you gotta use their pokey interface to change the whois records back to yours... then you save 'em, and it queues them into their work processes. And sometimes those work processes just fail. On top of that, there's the manual auth request for each domain and the unlocks. Too many steps, especially when half the steps don't even work.

It took me like 4 hours the other day trying to get just 10 names out. I'm not even done with half of those today due to problems with their systems. Not a happy camper.

Even thought their last interface was kind weird, at least mass transfers were easy. That left me with enough faith that I still kept some domains in Moniker. With this new system, especially with the way you can't do manual renewals, and you can't renew or even see expired domains, I don't really want anything left in there... yet it looks like a huge pain in the butt to move anything.

Last edited:

Tikkun

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do any of the following with the new Moniker?

1. Do a mass authorization code request. You know, like the good old days of Moniker. CSV would be great, too. Ironically, it's being able to get out of a relationship easily that keeps me (and many people) in one. Moniker's openness and ability to import and export massive numbers of domains easily kept me somewhat trustful and that kept me around. Now that Moniker wants to trap me and make everything painfully difficult, I want out.

2. See recently expired domains. I've now had a few domains fall into expired, because Moniker switched systems, the shut down for awhile, and won't answer tickets promptly about such issues. In my experience, most expiring domains simply disappear out of my interface and then their WHOIS info gets assigned to their CEO, Bonnie.

3. Manually renew a domain, especially a recently expired one. I have just one domain that recently expired that didn't disappear... and I don't know how to renew the damn thing. In reality, that is. Nor will it let me set a "renew date" on anything recently expired or that is about to expire soon.

When I set a domain to renew immediately or to renew upon expiration, I get an email with nonsense like the following: "domain.com / renew immediate The respective renewal options can be undone/changed until 10 days before the domain expires unless you chose 'Delete immediately'" So it'll let me delete stuff near or past expiration, but not renew it. Ugh

4. Unstick stuck "jobs". Not only is the new system slow as molasses, but the thing then makes a job queue for everything... and sometimes those jobs never complete. It's like working on a corporate intranet in the 90s. Pure hell.

5. Show all domains on a page, instead of 50, and have it actually stick. I keep saying "all", so I can actually find the damn domain I want to modify. It then thinks about it for a minute and decides I wanted to see 50 at a time instead. Sometimes it'll let me view 200 or so at a time, but then changes it's mind when I change to the next page of domains.

Any guidance would be massively helpful. Likely for a lot of people. Thank you

Last edited:

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can someone from moniker please PM on how to renew recently expired domain, I would like to see what names are renewing in my cart, then process payment manually bia credit card, or paypal, am I asking to much?

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also fix your wording: Delete at expiration? Maybe the right wording is Auto Renewal OFF

Canoodle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is your opinion about the new Moniker's control panel? I work with a dozen others but this is my least favorite, by far.
Oh Moniker :(

The old system was simple...the new one is extremely convoluted. Not Happy!

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They changed enormous numbers of my domain's whois info to their CEOs. I wrote to them a gentle reminder that theft is frowned upon, and to change this info back to the rightful owners pronto.

For the domains I can still access, around 500 of them, that throws yet another bone into transferring them anywhere... cuz now you gotta use their pokey interface to change the whois records back to yours... then you save 'em, and it queues them into their work processes. And sometimes those work processes just fail. On top of that, there's the manual auth request for each domain and the unlocks. Too many steps, especially when half the steps don't even work.

It took me like 4 hours the other day trying to get just 10 names out. I'm not even done with half of those today due to problems with their systems. Not a happy camper.

Even thought their last interface was kind weird, at least mass transfers were easy. That left me with enough faith that I still kept some domains in Moniker. With this new system, especially with the way you can't do manual renewals, and you can't renew or even see expired domains, I don't really want anything left in there... yet it looks like a huge pain in the butt to move anything.
they still have a lot of bugs with locking and auth codes. it really sucks to have to waste so much time on this when if they just left shit alone, i would of not had to do any of it.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the ridiculous way to manually renew an expired domain.

1. Add a credit card payment under Payment Options. Even if you already have one do it again in case your info isn't correct or it wasn't properly transferred.
2. Click renew/delete domains in left nav.
3. Click the domain checkbox and change the dropdown to a Renew Immediately option (select years).
4. Click Verify Changes on bottom.

Now you wait until they queue the automatic renewal which could be some hours. You'll get an email for the change with an invoice and another email for the completed payment and success of the renewal.

This is a terrible system but that's what it is.

I'm moving my portfolio asap.

@Tikkun As for rest of your questions I don't think those functions are working. Especially any mass or even one-at-a-time auth EPP code request. I'd be happy to do my top 10 domains manually to transfer out just so I can feel secure again.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is the ridiculous way to manually renew an expired domain.

1. Add a credit card payment under Payment Options. Even if you already have one do it again in case your info isn't correct or it wasn't properly transferred.
2. Click renew/delete domains in left nav.
3. Click the domain checkbox and change the dropdown to a Renew Immediately option (select years).
4. Click Verify Changes on bottom.

Now you wait until they queue the automatic renewal which could be some hours. You'll get an email for the change with an invoice and another email for the completed payment and success of the renewal.

This is a terrible system but that's what it is.

I'm moving my portfolio asap.

@Tikkun As for rest of your questions I don't think those functions are working. Especially any mass or even one-at-a-time auth EPP code request. I'd be happy to do my top 10 domains manually to transfer out just so I can feel secure again.
they are giving auth codes that are rejected at other registrars and also pose big security risks. i can't even transfer out certain domains because of this.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom