Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

New York Traffic Auction 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

paxton

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...they did the same thing to me, none of them made the list...
Same here - three domains I agreed to lower the reserve to their recommendation did not make the list. 13 other domains were accepted with my original reserve prices and are on the list.

Based on Monte's reply earlier (quoted below) I am thinking that possibly they have not had time to go through all the email/fax replies about lowering reserves and making decisions about those domains.

Folks - although the list is posted for all the interested buyers to start doing research, there will be some adjustments (both additions and subtractions) from this list over the next week...

Domain summit 2024

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
At least you guys get contacted by somebody. I submit generic one word names with no reserve but continually get shut out. I think I am going to rebel and not attend the auction this time.

Good luck to all those who had names accepted.

-Bob

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's alot like the Bouncer's list at a NightClub... you're either "on" the list or you're not... doens't matter what hotties you bring.

;)

GoPC

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At least you guys get contacted by somebody. I submit generic one word names with no reserve but continually get shut out. I think I am going to rebel and not attend the auction this time.

-Bob

Same here.
I've submit generic one word name with reasonable reserve but heard nothing from them. :sigh2:

I wonder if 90 days exclusivity still applies, huh?

Again, good luck to all those who had names accepted.

paxton

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least you guys get contacted by somebody. I submit generic one word names with no reserve but continually get shut out...

-Bob
Bob, if it makes you feel better, most of my domains that got accepted are ones that you previously sold to me. :smilewinkgrin:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I wonder if 90 days exclusivity still applies, huh?

NO, only if the domain was accepted. But it couldn't hurt to send them a email, asking Moniker not to renew the seller agreement.

Sorry to hear about your domain not making it, next time try submitting ALL your domains to increase the odds, I submitted about 300 and they picked 10.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
  1. TERM OF THE AGREEMENT: Seller grants Buyer/Seller Agent the exclusive right and authority to sell the Names for a period of ninety (90) calendar days from the date of this Agreement, or such later day as Buyer/Seller Agent’s exclusive right and authority may be extended by the Parties in writing (the “Exclusive Sale Period”). This Exclusivity Period will automatically renew if not cancelled by either party within each active period whether initial or extended period.

This is pretty confusing.

Does it mean agreement extends only if in writing or extends automatically...?

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

-Bob

Wondering Bob - who is your rep there (you can PM me) - I wonder if it depends on you have pitching for you .... I've had the ball dropped twice now myself.

damitssam

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frankly im DISGUSTED by John Maurillo, the non responding "customer service rep". I submitted all my names BEFORE the deadline and NO RESPONSE what so ever. This includes premiums like BEN.net so it wasnt an issue of quality. I sent monte an email + support + resend to John, STILL no response.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is pretty confusing.

Does it mean agreement extends only if in writing or extends automatically...?

It extends automatically, send them an email and request them to NOT renew the seller agreement, and ask for a confirmation.

With all the money Moniker makes, I find it incredible we dont have the ability to cancel the seller agreement online, let alone Moniker having a ticket system in place.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-Bob

Following the last fiasco where many "live auction" names never made the block (Including mine) I had an unsolicited email from a moniker rep ,two months ago,who's name unfortunately I forget.

It was asking me to submit names to the upcoming NY auction, I did exactly that with very fair reserves on quite a few quality names ( My opinion ::cool:)

I guess the response is somewhat late in coming. :rolleyes:

Let's not go together!

oveber

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wonder why they have different Agreement doc. This is what i se someone post:
TERM OF THE AGREEMENT: Seller grants Buyer/Seller Agent the exclusive right and authority to sell the Names for a period of ninety (90) calendar days from the date of this Agreement, or such later day as Buyer/Seller Agent’s exclusive right and authority may be extended by the Parties in writing (the “Exclusive Sale Period”). This Exclusivity Period will automatically renew if not cancelled by either party within each active period whether initial or extended period.

This it what my agreement says:
1. TERM OF THE AGREEMENT: Seller grants Buyer/Seller Agent the exclusive right and authority to sell the Names for a period of sixty (60) calendar days from the date of declaring one of the ADDENDA to this Agreement (the “Exclusive Sale Period”). The ADDENDA to this Agreement shall consist of, but are not limited to, those items submitted by Seller and which are selected and accepted by Buyer/Seller Agent to secure purchasers. This exclusive right and authority to sell period will automatically renew at the end of each term unless DomainSystems is notified in writing within 15 days of expiration.

Why have someone 90 days and i have 60 days?

CashCowDomains

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once Moniker realizes that they need to make serious changes to their desire for "exclusivity", things will improve. I personally modified my agreement for NON EXCLUSIVITY, which worked for last years auction even though I did not get a signed copy faxed back to me. This year we are having conflicts as I have buyers for my entire portfolio and the duration moniker wants is just not going to happen, so I removed our names from the upcoming auction. They didn't like it -- sure -- less money on commissions, it makes sense. However they must allow for some type of breathing room for the domainers and ease up on the exclusive issue. Sales happen and Moniker is not the only vehicle necessary for that to happen.

Agreements are made to be modified. Don't sign anything unless you are happy with the terms.

Good luck to everyone.

CCD

oveber

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 1 agreement from John that says 90 days annd 1 from Don that says 60 days. We all have to check the agreement before sign. it.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker ... must allow for some type of breathing room for the domainers and ease up on the exclusive issue. Sales happen and Moniker is not the only vehicle necessary for that to happen.

Agreements are made to be modified. Don't sign anything unless you are happy with the terms.
Good comments CCD. I had been communicating with Moniker on modifying some contract terms. It's important that both parties in an agreement be reasonably satisfied with the arrangement, or else things eventually break down.

I've seen 60, 90, and 120 day contracts. Monte said the old one was actually 180 days. For LIVE auction submission purposes, 60 days should be maximum, imo ... unless the rep is very actively working a name and seeking buyers.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's alot like the Bouncer's list at a NightClub... you're either "on" the list or you're not... doens't matter what hotties you bring.

;)

GoPC

Exactly. I got snubbed entirely. A few I thought should have made it: :?:

NewYorkBusinesses.com
NewYorkSource.com
Modems.net
NorthCarolinaLotto.com
PennsylvaniaWeather.com

Can anyone help me get on the VIP list?

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wonder why they have different Agreement doc.
Why have someone 90 days and i have 60 days?

This really sucks. Mine was 90 days.

It extends automatically, send them an email and request them to NOT renew the seller agreement, and ask for a confirmation.

Wait, RG!!! I thought I don't need to because mine was not accepted. As you suggested, I am going to send them an email but I wonder if I ever get a reply.

:?:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wait, RG!!! I thought I don't need to because mine was not accepted. As you suggested, I am going to send them an email but I wonder if I ever get a reply. :?:

From what I read on this subject from Moniker, you dont have to if your domains were not accepted into auction, but I would send them the email anyway, it never hurts to be to cautious....Request a read receipt. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom