Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

New York Traffic Auction 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My Moniker rep has informed me that names not making the list are released. A name not selected for inclusion would obviously not need to be tied up in an exclusive contract.

Domain summit 2024

Monte

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Folks - although the list is posted for all the interested buyers to start doing research, there will be some adjustments (both additions and subtractions) from this list over the next week. Its 95%+, however, we have worked very hard to get the list out this time well in advance of the auctions. this is a huge accomplishment given there were more than 80K names submitted this time.

As with any new process, there will be some changes and improvements as more events occur.

thanks to everyone for abiding by our deadlines and completing forms to make it easier for us to process.

Please remember that price increases are not accepted, price decreases are. The live vs silent lists will be sorted over the next two weeks.

you can contact sales@moniker.com for any questions.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
10 of my domains got accepted, 8 of which I care the least about, all with low reserves, it appears that every domain I did not lower to there suggested price got rejected, but thats OK, I'm happy with the results.... I cant wait to see the live list!

I submitted about 85 names, 37 singles and 2 bundles. Judge for yourself what happened by seeing what I submitted and what was accepted and what was rejected:
http://www.ifrontpage.com/rejected.htm

I received an email to lower the reserves on 13 of them. I declined.

Imagine my surprise when one of the names still made the list without the reserve being changed!

Clearly, the reserve had a lot to do with it. The master list shows some names very similar to mine. The difference is the other guy lowered his reserve.

The Master List says the live list is to be posted June 11

melmunch

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something, or is this just plain silly? It says at the top of the list and all over their website:

"Indicate your interest: You can influence the final selection of Live Auction domains as a registered attendee of the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. New York City Conference. Log in to the Live Auction system now with your exclusive T.R.A.F.F.I.C. NYC password and indicate your interest for specific domains you want in the Live Auction. Only those domains receiving the highest indication of interest will be added to the Live Auction inventory. The deadline to indicate your interest is June 7, 2007. The final Live Auction inventory will be updated and posted on June 11, 2007."

If anyone is interested in buying any particular names, why in the world would you try to draw attention to it, and increase the likelihood of it making the live auction cut? It seems to me like I would try to push names that I am NOT interested in, into the live, so that the ones I really want would be in the silent auction, and I will have a better chance of picking them up on the cheap.

domainstosell

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got 9 of mine in, but two of what I thought were the better names didn't make it. One of those two, they asked me to lower the reserve pretty far. I did lower a bit, and met them in the middle, but it still didn't make it...

All in all though, I'm happy about mine that did make it and can't wait to see live vs. silent - there are some outstanding names on that list!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Clearly, the reserve had a lot to do with it. The master list shows some names very similar to mine. The difference is the other guy lowered his reserve.

Exactly.....For the part, it appears the reserves had everything to do with it....Although this does'nt seem to apply on domains like horseracing.com. starting price: 5MM and up?

they asked me to lower the reserve pretty far. I did lower a bit, and met them in the middle, but it still didn't make it...

I met them close to the middle on mine too, and like you they were all rejected, no big deal.....If I did lower them and they went to silent, I'd be sweating bullets for weeks.

domainstosell

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I met them close to the middle on mine too, and like you they were all rejected, no big deal.....If I did lower them and they went to silent, I'd be sweating bullets for weeks.

Yep, I completely agree.

The other thing that is a bit unfortunate is that they apparently didn't consider IDNs at all... It's too bad, as they are missing out on a growth market set to explode, but I'm fine with sitting on mine for now too! ;)

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... If I did lower them and they went to silent, I'd be sweating bullets for weeks.
Interesting comment. The auction and related contracts have required domainers to really think through what they are signing on for - and to calculate the risk/reward ratios. One needs to weigh the pros and cons pretty carefully ... because some rather high quality domains are up for grabs. And once they are gone, they're gone!

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
182 submitted
7 accepted (mostly medical - ones I priced too low IMO)

dadster

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 21 domains accepted. A couple nice ones got passed up - a couple dogs got selected. In the end it evens out I suppose.

Now if only they SELL SELL SELL!!!!!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One needs to weigh the pros and cons pretty carefully ... because some rather high quality domains are up for grabs. And once they are gone, they're gone!

I agree 100%.... I received PM's from several members on this subject, and basically told them the same thing....I'll give Moniker credit, they has been more forthcoming about the risk than they have in the past, perhaps because of the much lower reserves their requiring.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to project the top 10 names on the list?

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ones for 5M, 1M, etc.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, the best 10 I like, in no particular order;

auction.com
broadwayshows.com
ethanol.com
horseracing.com
how.com
puertorico.com
scotland.com
seniors.com
slots.com
student.com

Honourable Mention

stuff.com
planet.com
text.com
photographers.com

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, the best 10 I like, in no particular order;

auction.com
broadwayshows.com
ethanol.com
horseracing.com
how.com
puertorico.com
scotland.com
seniors.com
slots.com
student.com

Honourable Mention

stuff.com
planet.com
text.com
photographers.com

NNNIIICCCEEEE !!!! :eek:k:

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something, or is this just plain silly? It says at the top of the list and all over their website:

"Indicate your interest: You can influence the final selection of Live Auction domains as a registered attendee of the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. New York City Conference. Log in to the Live Auction system now with your exclusive T.R.A.F.F.I.C. NYC password and indicate your interest for specific domains you want in the Live Auction. Only those domains receiving the highest indication of interest will be added to the Live Auction inventory. The deadline to indicate your interest is June 7, 2007. The final Live Auction inventory will be updated and posted on June 11, 2007."

If anyone is interested in buying any particular names, why in the world would you try to draw attention to it, and increase the likelihood of it making the live auction cut? It seems to me like I would try to push names that I am NOT interested in, into the live, so that the ones I really want would be in the silent auction, and I will have a better chance of picking them up on the cheap.

Exactly :cool:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My #1 choice would be auction.com, If I have the green, thats the one I would buy first :yes:

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had submitted 950 domains . 31 have been selected. Was contacted by Moniker with suggestion to reduce the price. I did reduce price for most but they were not selected !!! Now waiting for my domains to se$$. ;)

URLtrader

;)

alinford

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I submitted 2, and both were accepted with my reserves. One of them is a top 15-20 (imo). We shall see.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Was contacted by Moniker with suggestion to reduce the price. I did reduce price for most but they were not selected !!!

I'm going to reserve my opinion until the final list comes out, they did the same thing to me, none of them made the list, The prior auctions they did go with my lowered reserves and all were entered....lets wait and see, I hope this is not a new decision they made when considering domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators