Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

newbie question please

BetoWH8

Level 1
Reaction score
hello, i am new in this forum, and been reading to learn from the subject,
i do own many domains but i have never investigated, and then realize its an amazing and huge business.

my question might sound pretty basic, but i havent found the answer so please help me

when you buy a domain from godaddy or namecheap, you pay for example $13.99

how much is for the registration fee ??

thank you in advance

Domain summit 2024

cooljub

Level 2
Reaction score
Hi & welcome :)

You pay a registration fee when you register the name, and then a renewal fee each year after that. If you don't keep up with the renewals your registration will expire and the name will become available again.

BetoWH8

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi & welcome :)

You pay a registration fee when you register the name, and then a renewal fee each year after that. If you don't keep up with the renewals your registration will expire and the name will become available again.
thank you cooljub, i understand but do you know what is the aprox % the companies like namecheap or godaddy make in a domain that cost $10 ( for example) how much they pocket and how much the actual registration cost ?
thank you for taking the time to answer.
take care

BetoWH8

Level 1
Reaction score
ok so i understand correctly wholesale.com owns all the .com domain and then sell them to domain registrar companies that resell them to the public.
if we dont renew the domain goes to expired domains..

aaliyahnana123

Reaction score
I don't have any idea about this sites other than it is for SEO purposes. I am new to digital marketing business. I also wish to know the minimum salary given for digital marketer in general because i feel like i am paid way to less than others who do the same job as me.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
The default total COM reg price for this (2022) year is (9.15$) USD this is with ICANN fee, anything higher is added by the Registrar, anything cheaper is at Registrar disposal, from their own pocket.
But in my opinion all domains registrations no matter of TLD, the real price is not more than 0.50$ of Cents per year, because this is just some kb of data in a digital database.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom