Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

NNNNN.com countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did everyone see that 173.com just sold for over $300k!?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did everyone see that 173.com just sold for over $300k!?

Yep, I think it will be a very long time before NNNNN.com becomes anything even close, but even at 1/100th (NNNNN being 100X more common than NNN) in a few years they could potentially reach the low xxxx range for good ones.

DomainName

Live, Eat, Breathe Names
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dont really seeing these become quality domains...

This is what people said about the non-premium LLLL.com as well when these were the only LLLL.com left to reg. It took around 3 months to reg the remaining LLLL.com names, while the remaining 6k NNNNN.com are expected to be completely reg'd in less than 3-4 days.

I guess time will tell if these names are a good investment...by looking at the non-premium LLLL.com I would say that chances are pretty good that the valuations will increase for the NNNNN.com.

DomainMillionaire

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyone's got the latest list ?

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyone's got the latest list ?

Enjoy!

http://www.domainmagnate.com/lists/NNNNN_Remaining_5826.txt

This is what people said about the non-premium LLLL.com as well when these were the only LLLL.com left to reg. It took around 3 months to reg the remaining LLLL.com names, while the remaining 6k NNNNN.com are expected to be completely reg'd in less than 3-4 days.

I guess time will tell if these names are a good investment...by looking at the non-premium LLLL.com I would say that chances are pretty good that the valuations will increase for the NNNNN.com.

The big difference I see between a truly non-premium LLLL.com and a non-premium NNNNN.com is that the NNNNN.com will get traffic, simply because people type in numbers for millions (no pun intended) of different reasons, part numbers, dialing codes, local union office numbers, lucky numbers, birthdays, foreign postal codes, their home equity credit line, you name it. I get good traffic even at my "bad" NNNNN.com domains that I own, I don't know if the same can be said for XQVJ.com. That is a major reason why these are a quality long-term investment.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Think I saw some NNNN.com sell for low $x,xxx this week. If NNNN are starting to get those prices, then NNNNN should do well as an alternative numeric domain. Even if they start going for mid-xx within a year, it's a good return.

I think after this buyout that NNNN.net will be next (I don't own any, so not trying to start anything).

After that, can't see any huge interest buyouts like L-L-L.com, LLLL.com and now NNNNN.com are having, but who knows. Maybe it will go to pronouncable 5 letter .com's

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a question, if you have a NNNNN.com parked, how to you "opomize" it? Look at what the numbers mean?

at Namedrive they have a search box template. it actually looks like you've landed at a search site, then the surfer can type in what they want to search for. Namedrive also gives you the stats, so if you see something searched for a lot, you can switch to a template with those keywords.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a question, if you have a NNNNN.com parked, how to you "opomize" it? Look at what the numbers mean?

That's the big question. I'm trying to figure that out as well :). One thing I have found that works pretty well is go to google adsense keywords search and type in your number and try different languages (German, Chinese, French, Spanish, etc.), that way you will see what other words different people are searching for when they search for your number. It can be very helpful in finding the right keywords.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
it's just too cool- i'll be gigglin here when you'll be trying to sell them here next month for

15$- 10$- 7$- 3$

bump
bump

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it so cool- i'll be giggling here when you'll be trying to sell them here next month for

15$- 10$- 7$- 3$

bump
bump

Could happen, but not likely. But why would I be desparate to sell an NNNNN that I only paid $7 for and that earns at least half of that back in cash parking revenue over the year? If these are so bad, why did all the NNNN.com's do so well, just because they had 1 less letter? There aren't very many more NNNNN's than NNNN's, especially when you take out all the US zip codes that Marchex owns and that are not liquid at all. I don't think so, numerics are valuable for tons of reasons, NNNNN's actually have some advantages over NNNN's because they are more likely to represent US and foreign postal codes. So, worse comes to worse, you are right and all of us that bought NNNNN's are out our reg fees. Wouldn't be the end of the world. And it's not going to happen, a year, two, three from now we'll probably have seen huge return on our investments. It's a bet, but a very, very good one.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you'll lose even more if will hold for one year- the hypo will be long over and not even newbies will wanna buy them

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you'll lose even more if will hold for one year- the hypo will be long over and not even newbies will wanna buy them

Classic, the bad advice of the century. Yes, sell all your NNNNN.com's right now before they are all bought out and become even more valuable. Hey, if anyone wants to sell their NNNNN.com's at below-reg fee prices, let me know :lol:.

Last edited:

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm perfectly willing to spend a couple of hundred and see how this plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators