Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

No More .ORG Drops Starting Sat. Jan. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beachie
Actually, how can PIR prevent individual registrars from dropping domains?

I'm not saying they can't, it just seems like a big ask.. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

PIR is replacing Verisign as the registry so they control the database of what names are available as well as the contents of the zone file for .org.

What this means is that registrars could send the delete command to the registry but the names themselves will not drop (i.e. become available again in PIR's authoratative database of .org domains) until PIR decides they will drop.

Mark......

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got this news flash from OpenSRS Tucows (I am a reseller there) minutes ago but not sure what it all means.

"1. .ORG Registry Migration Information
--------------------------------------

Please note the following important updates regarding the migration of the .ORG registry to the Public Interest Registry (PIR). These changes are effective between January 22, 2003 and January 30, 2003 ONLY. Feature and functionality changes have been implemented to minimize system complexity during this significant registry migration.

3. Expiry Grace Period Changes

Commencing January 23rd, 23:00 UTC, Tucows will be decreasing the grace period of all .ORG domains to 36 days from 40 days. Please make sure to renew any domain that is expired for more than 30 days, before stated date.

4. Gaining Reseller Transfer Failures

Between January 25, 2003 and January 30, 2003, the maximum time required to recognize gaining transfer failures will be extended from 9 days to 11 days. On January 30, 2003, the 9-day failure limit will be reinstated.

5. Losing Reseller Transfer Failures

Between January 25, 2003 and January 30, 2003, you may not have the full 5 days to decline a losing transfer. We are uncertain how the Registry will handle transfers during this time period. Due to the outage, we recommend that you pay special attention during this time in declining unwanted .org transfers."

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This f**kin sucks. I have a snap on a great .org(i mean great). It expired on the 17th, and now this happens.

Damn my luck really sucks....:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom