• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed NorthAmerica.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
5,837
Reaction score
78
Please appraise. I'm looking to sell this one quick to raise funding for year 2007.

cheers,
Emm
 
wow! :)
I will say that is one sexy motherf*cker!
Tbh it is nigh on impossible to value. I will try.
$xx,xxx low
I may be miles out, see what others say.
How long you had?
cheers
Pred
 
thats one of the niciest domains ive seen , xx,xxx range
 
Beautiful .net domain

low $xx,xxx
 
$5,000 - $10,000. IMO, a more targeted large city name like Dallas.net or Chicago.net would be a stronger name. But very nice nonetheless.
 
Hi everyone thank you for you appraisal, highly appreciated.

Please continue posting your appraisal, thanks.

Em
 
$5,000 - $10,000. IMO, a more targeted large city name like Dallas.net or Chicago.net would be a stronger name. But very nice nonetheless.

couldn't disagree more. sorry, but you are so wrong.
this is why you must develop this. then chicago, dallas etc can 'feature' on your site. along with everything else in North America.
Your being quoted reseller prices but tbh honest only a fool would sell this domain to a reseller. Hold or develop, please
Pred ;)
 
you are entitled to your opinion. Since he is planning on selling, I guess we shall see soon enough.

**Edit** After seeing the other posts, it would appear that most people are saying exactly what I quoted.
 
low 4's imho
But it's application is really limited. People will question that statement but the 40,000 overture shows that people are not really looking for it. Some are, but not enough to warrant the .net being worth so much. And where are the commerical opportunities for an APPLICATION of the name? Please don't say oh North America is the center of commerce in the world etc. etc. That is all good and well but this name needs a commercial application in order for it to be worth MONEY. It is hardly related to travel.. people would type in cities or countries but not North America. Maybe other territories than the NA have value because we tend to group areas of travel by territory. Ie. I want to go to Africa, or Europe; but I doubt people say from those places that they want to go on vacation to "North America"... I see its use as a brand; North America network; whatever that means, whatever it can be applied to, I don't know.

As a brand to an end user, maybe it has more value. But to a domainer? Anything above $5k would seem to be beyond ridiculous :)

Then again, today's market value to me also seems to be beyond ridiculous so you never know..
 
couldn't disagree more. sorry, but you are so wrong.
this is why you must develop this. then chicago, dallas etc can 'feature' on your site. along with everything else in North America.
Your being quoted reseller prices but tbh honest only a fool would sell this domain to a reseller. Hold or develop, please
Pred ;)

op said wants to sell fast to get funds...
 
Emm,

Nice name. Low $xx,xxx.
 
I actually agree that something like Dallas.net is the way better domain, because its more targeted and its easier to use, Americans hardly use the term North America, we refer to the United States as America already, I can see how from a European View the term NorthAmerica might seem appealing, but its really not as good as a mojor city.
 
Thank for folks.

I decided to develop the domain, check it out here www.northamerica.net and leave me your comments.

Cheers,
Em
 
I actually agree that something like Dallas.net is the way better domain, because its more targeted and its easier to use, Americans hardly use the term North America, we refer to the United States as America already, I can see how from a European View the term NorthAmerica might seem appealing, but its really not as good as a mojor city.

Europeans refer to you as America & the U.S or United States too.
However noone can afford to buy them on here i'll guess LOL Can you imagine what America.net or com would cost, IF it ever came up!
Also, it's not just about type in traffic, people have to see this.
A superbly developed site will do superbly well, particularly if it has a great domain name like this. Its third or fourth option but one of the official names & a great extension.
Glad to see you are developing it.
In my opinion also a country domain is best developed with outside countries in mind for the tourism factor, not those within. Both is good ideally.
Think of the Guy in Japan or England that may be really fascinated about visiting the U.S,rather than the American guy who may want to hire a car at the airport, when he is going to go to Hertz.com etc
Go for an informative site that will interest visitors/tourists. Have feature cities & states.
Good Luck anyway.
Pred
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom