Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Not one snap in year ggrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have wasted so much money on Snapnames over the past year it's ridiculous. First all my names i had with them got beat by Ultsearch now with my latest conquest jewelrycrafts.com Buydomains got it.
I've had anough of Snapnames they obviously don't like me. I emailed them saying there bollocks and i want a refund not that that will do me any good but that's it i've had anough no more snaps for me waste of time.
Instead i'm going to start a campaign to get my idea for the WLS system come into play. Ultsearch and Buydomains should NOT run the expired domain game it should be the users and i'm going to do everything i can to stop them. This has gone on long anough. We waste so much money and time for nothing it seems.
What do people think we should do about it?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
we should do nothing. the current drop game is as good as it's going to get. WLS is a very stupid idea.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by garymayor
Hi,
I have wasted so much money on Snapnames over the past year it's ridiculous. First all my names i had with them got beat by Ultsearch now with my latest conquest jewelrycrafts.com Buydomains got it.
D'you mind telling us how many snaps (at least approximately) you've had with them when you said ALL? 10? 100? Thanks.

Sportacle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you ever find a great domain that you know will drop but the snap is already taken?

I do.

So, I usually have to try to use Namewinner, eNom, DropWizard, GoDaddy,...etc.., sometimes it works and I get the domain I really wanted.

When/if WLS is implemented, I/you will not have the second option(s) listed above. Wow, what fun that will be to know you have 0% chance of getting the domain.

When you were beat by the other players for your domains this past year, at least you had *some* chance which made it interesting.

Those who lobby *FOR* WLS should consider the implications much more carefully.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sportacle, you are right on the money. Right now we have options if one avenue of approach is taken.

Snap taken? Not a big deal when there are 10 other drop services out there with the exact same chance. WLS taken? You have to hope the new owner is willing to sell.

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had about 20 domains all with links over 1000 in msn and seriously good ratings in alexa. These were the best domains to get my latest one jewelrycraft.com which was the odd one out as it wasn't so good.

The thing is none of the other drop services got these domains either 19 Ultsearch got and now it's buydomains.

We need a way to stop the likes of Ultsearch and Buydomains now how can we bring a WLS system that will do that?

I've got the snapback for phillips-auctions.com which comes up in a few weeks i will start a poll near that time about who recons who will get it.

The funny thing with the current idea fo the WLS system is that if Snapnames had all the pool 3 connections that would be the same any way but they darn't advertise it as that.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"We" need to stop them? By letting WLS run the show?

With WLS the big guys will put WLS subscriptions on the good
domains months before they even expire, not to mention drop
(just like they do with snaps now).

If you really want a domain you have to utilize all possible
resources. Getting a snapback, sitting back and waiting for the
name to fall into your lap doesn't cut it anymore.

Use DropWizard, NameWinner, TheFirstName, eNom, Godaddy,
and other private drop clubs. Go after it with everything that's
available and you will definitely increase your chances.

I'm so tired of people complaining that it's "NOT FAIR".

Luc L.

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey domainretreiver did you not read my last post.

I said 20 domains got grabbed by Ultsearch and Buydomains non of the other drop services got the names.

I get fed up with people saying what you just said because lets face these other drop services are CRAPPPPPPP.

One in a hundred decent names get grabbed by the other drop services which is nothing compared to whats out there.

Face it most us have no chance even with a domain on ever other drop service.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do not agree with you, garymayor.
Reasons: as others has said.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Other drop services are just as good. Buy domains uses multiple resources, it's not their fault they have a lot of money to spend on domains. Take out a loan and you could be just as big.

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buydomains and Utlsearch probably have about 75% of the expired domain market in the grasps. We have the other 25% spread out between thousands of users.
Don't you think that is unfair?
Do you think they do anything useful for the Internet in a whole?
These names drop and they should be put back into some useful content for the Internet don't you think so?
Do you think that Ultsearch and Buydomains do that better than thousands of users could?
The whole concept of names dropping is wrong they should be put back into something useful?
Do you want to make real money if so why are you disagreeing with me?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gary I think your real problem is you have your math wrong. Buydomains and Ultsearch do not get 75% of the expired domains. Not even close.

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe they do if you only look at the decent names that are actually going to make some money.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
money? How much money are we talking about here?

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anough to live on, out of the thousands of domains that drop if more users got the names then a lot more people could live of it.
I bet most people on this board and in the expired domain name game can't make anough to live on through the current methods.
I deffinately can't if snap carries on the way it's going and yes i do use the other drop services which are basically to put it in certain terms crap.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gary, calm down man.

20 snaps is nothing, really.

stop complaining. yeah so what BuyDomains and Ult
Search got your names. You don't seem to understand that
utilizing all available resources will INCREASE your chances
of getting a name. The reason the other clubs didn't catch
it is probably because they weren't even monitoring them
in the first place.

seems like you were hit with some bad luck too.

if you're not prepared to get beaten, and lose some money
then you need to get out of this game man.

there are so many posts on this board of newbies complaining
about how BuyDomains and UltSearch always beats them, yet
none of the more experienced guys ever complain. you need to
be ready to win some and lose some, and accept your losses
in order to survive this game.

complaining doesn't solve anything, as the previous threads might
suggest.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gary,

I have the same frustration when I have the snap, high bid at NW and some of the other services. And, BuyDomains beats me out.

But, logically. The present setup is far better for the average grabber than WLS.

3 months ago, Names Adm and Ult were more aggressive (or winning more often). However, they are not winning as much. Because they have the same "cry" we have. But, they are complaining about BD and also "US". We are all getting better, smarter at grabbing the names.

And, I am sure BD complains about "US". (Us being many of the members of this forum.)

I get annoyed between 3 and 4 pm when I see that I covered all of the bases and still lose. But, when I do the search the next morning. I see that it is not alway BD that got me.

Gary, I know you are just venting. But, if you work "smarter" you will win more.

I have had a LOT of snaps expire because of three strikes your out. And, it annoys me when I think about it.

However, it means that you are trying to catch the best (or better) names. So, your probability of success with Snaps for premium names should be between 10 and 25% Multiple that out for 3 tries and that is why some of the snaps expire.

Any salesman will tell you that they only get "the sale" a small percentage of the time. So, they keep making more presentations to increase net results. The same applies to us.

Keep looking for the next name!

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been in the game for almost 3 years now so i'm deffinately not a newbie. I remember the days you could put a Snap on and deffinately get it. Then Ultsearch came on board they were there all the time but decided to get a lot more names than they were already. Then people started putting up stupid sites telling people how to make money out of this game. The other drop services turned up and registrars started posting about the game on there sites. Then all of a sudden the whole world new and this board for starters. Why can't people realise the more people that know about it the less chance you have of getting something good i could never understand why they do that.
The game is getting worse and worse i have spent thousands of hour writing code to work out names that are going to drop before anyone else. I have systems in place similar to Ultsearch. Then after writing masses of code new drop services come into play and snapnames is bollocks so all of a sudden my code is useless. I can't wait for the WLS system to come into play because i will be up there competing with Ultsearch and Buydomains. I've got no worries there.
What i am trying to say is lets keep the game fair we have to decide on a better system fairer for everyone.
I'll be laffing all the way to the bank if the new WLS system comes into play but i want to make sure the game is fair.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why can't people realise the more people that know about it the less chance you have of getting something good i could never understand why they do that.

Because people get greedy.

WLS won't help the little guys, instead it will ensure that the
big guns ALWAYS make the good catches.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to say I agree with garymayor. I also think Microsoft should buy out Apple and sue to get the exclusive rights to Linux. The computer scene would be much less confusing if there was only one option. And what's with all of these phone companies? I don't care if you can call from the US to Europe for only 3¢ a minute now. Give me back Ma Bell any day and put an end to all that annoying competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom