Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed OLDMEXICO.NET Any Idea??

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NicGuy

How much do you all think OldMexico.net could go for. I believe it would make a great site for Tourism. Thanks in advance.

Ok, it goes like this....New Mexico is a US State. Mexico is another country. Where the heck is Old Mexico? Or is it a historic leftover, like saying Far West?

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've tried to do some research on this myself and I can't figure out if you mean Old Mexico as in the country or New Mexico the state?

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think his purpose, in this purchase, was to reword-it, till perfect.

haha had to kick a little short rhyme. Anyway, I think he bought the domain not in persuit of an old civilization. But rather to play with words. Its done all the time.
You find an Opposite and just use it.

For instance, instead of buying:
RightWay.com.....
you buy LeftWay.com, even though Left Way, isnt really a word.

Anyway, I dont think this domain is worth much.
$20-$30

N

NicGuy

Originally posted by chris
I've tried to do some research on this myself and I can't figure out if you mean Old Mexico as in the country or New Mexico the state?

Where do you all live in a cave? Im talking about the country "Mexico" It has nothing to do with the U.S. state.

Old Mexico came from the older generation and they referred to it as that and not just Mexico. I'm from Texas and as I was growing up everyone around said Old Mexico. just go to any search engine and look up Old Mexico and you will find a million or more sites referring to the country Mexico. Must be a generation gap or cultural difference somewhere.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How can you actually say we live in a cave? When you live in Texas. Christ, I'd put a bullet in my head if I lived in a State as boring as that. I live in Jersey City, New Jersey. Or should I say "Old Jersey." And it moves a lot faster then "Texas." And we are pretty much up on things. But never, have we said or heard someone say, "Yea IM going to Cancun, Old Mexico."

In closing, I can refer to any country as old, as all countries have a previous generation inhabiting the area. So saying "Old Mexico" or "Old Italy" or Old anything, doesn't mean it's gonna be worth something.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NicGuy

Where do you all live in a cave? Im talking about the country "Mexico" It has nothing to do with the U.S. state.

Old Mexico came from the older generation and they referred to it as that and not just Mexico. I'm from Texas and as I was growing up everyone around said Old Mexico. just go to any search engine and look up Old Mexico and you will find a million or more sites referring to the country Mexico. Must be a generation gap or cultural difference somewhere.

I guess it must be a generation gap or cultural difference -- or maybe I have been spending too much time in deep, moist holes -- or maybe it's because us South Carolina hicks drink too much moonshine -- 'cause I ain't never heard of "Old Mexico" before -- 'cept in the movie "Young Guns".

No seriously, I've heard of Far West, Fargo, even the Indian Trail. I can't remember a single western movie mentioning 'Old Mexico'. And I have watched a lot of them.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyways, I don't think you're going to get more than $25-$45 for it.

Good luck though,
Chris

A search on google gives 14k page returns for "old mexico" suggesting its not a totally obscure phrase.

But its a .net of a not over popular phrase - and that really does knock the value down.

End user value - $250-$500
Reseller value: reg fee

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Think maybe 50 USD, because it`s .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom