Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

OnlineNIC sucks big time

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dkny

i am the current reseller of onlinenic and I am asking them for refund and will close the acct.

the reasons are simple

1. $30 to change registrant or transfer domain
2. 80% of the time the domain couldn't be registered. they have 6 steps to reg the domain, so it will either failed at any steps before you reach the final step. I never have such a problem with tucows.

so, whatever you do, stay away from onlinenic, i told ya.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got a few hundred domains with OLN and am making them my main registrar because I've found them to be the best.

The registrant charge is being removed within the next few weeks, and in the meantime I just put the domain name in as the registrant so that it doesn't matter anyway.

There is no charge for transferring registrar. They make the standard requirement for an extra years reg for domains being transferred in.

The only time I have a failure to register is when the name is already registered (or when my account needs toping up).

I like their support and the two ways you can give your customer control of his domain.

Why don't you write to them before cancelling your account, their prices are good and I haven't had any of the problems when selling domains that I seem to get when transferring names from TuCows

O

owndomains.com

I am from China, and I will not recommend using ONL.

cokee

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi owndomains.com,

Why?

i gonna use their service and i am from Hong Kong.

O

owndomains.com

If you want to transfer the domains out from them, it is difficult (but it is possible), I hate to communicate with them for transfer out and have to answer them the reason why I choose to transfer out. :(

If there is a domain dispute, there is a possibility that someone may choose for arbitration in China, or go to China's court for law, which I have no confidence.

If you are a foreigner, may I ask you a question: Can you understand complaint or lawcase written in Chinese language?

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't understand your post OD. I deal with their American office where they speak and communicate efficiently and in English.

I've never had a problem transferring out (unlike the problems I have had with some other registrars transferring in).

All registrars seem to ask why you are transferring out in case you are unhappy with their service. I usually just ignore this.

I thought ICAAN handled the domain name disputes.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
onlinenic have no doubts chinese origin, but their service agreement says:
OnlineNIC, Inc. a California corporation (also referred to as "we" or "us")
Also, the language of registration agreement is English.

I did not deal with Onlinenic before, but I guess both UDRP and common law cases should be processed on English (in US court
in California for common legal priocess)?

D

dkny

the domain names i tried to reg were available, but now regged by someone else. Because my balance with tucows is zero now, that's why I need to use onlinenic.

it was my fault that I didn't read their transfer agreement which charges $30. How do you know they will remove the $30 transfer fee?

I didn't try to interupt OnlineNic business, just shared my experience with them in this forum. I'm not a fan of tucows either because they charge higher than other companies, $10, otherwise it'd be my ideal registrar.

i'm now considering enom.

D

dkny

i didn't know that onlinenic is in China. that explains why the connection is extremely slow. i thought it's in the U.S. darn!

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the problem you have had with OLN. Sometimes they are slow, but so is everyone these days because of all the rubbish that is dumped on the net. I run an OLN page alongside some drop list searches and I have never yet failed to reg a name if it is available, even after having to run through their registration pages. I find this interesting and suspect that they are able to put some sort of temp hold on a domain if you start to reg it. They certainly have fairly close links with the central registry as they are one of the few registrars that lets you cancel a domain registered in error. They have started to make a small charge for this - I think it's $3. Better than ending up with a bum domain (not that any of us have any of these :D).

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainPairs

All registrars seem to ask why you are transferring out in case you are unhappy with their service. I usually just ignore this.

I thought ICAAN handled the domain name disputes.

"All registrars seem to ask why you are transferring out in case you are unhappy with their service. I usually just ignore this."

:confused: No they don't!

"I thought ICAAN handled the domain name disputes. "

Hahaha

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well maybe not that specific question but something along the lines of "if you are unhappy with us - please let us know"

For example

Requesting Registrar: OnlineNIC, Inc.
Current Registrar: DotRegistrar.com

We would really appreciate any comments on our service and the problems
you might have experienced.

DotRegistrar Sales Team

I believe that it is good business practice to include such messages, and I would not respect a company that didn't care. I would also like to point out that I did not have any problems with DotRegistrar, I just got a cheaper deal with OLN for my trading level. I believe DR are cheaper for 1,000+ registrations.

ICAAN - you're probably correct in your opinion.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators