Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Open SRS Resellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have just received a list of Open SRS resellers - but want your opinions as to who are the best to deal with

arrowup.com
homepagenames.com
000domains.com
fatcow.com
1800finework.com

Are there any others ?

Simone

Domain summit 2024

Agree with timechange, 000domains.com have a good reputation with speedy support, though all opensrs resellers are likely to be more expensive than others using enom.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simone: if you're going to register more than 50 domains, I'd suggest cutting out the middleman, and get your own reseller account. You can then get names for $10/yr.

See:

http://resellers.tucows.com/opensrs/

(the right hand side has the links)

Using their default web-based interface, you don't need any technical skill to register names for yourselves. If you wanted to get fancy, you can install the Perl scripts and register domains over the web for others, but that's entirely optional.

Check the WHOIS for Oracle.com, GM.com, EDS.com, and BMO.com -- they all have reseller accounts for their own domains.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look at the banner at the top of dnforum. thewitt is an OpenSRS reseller I believe

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the imput everyone.

I will have a look at the opensrs reseller idea, thanks George.

Simone

OpenSRS has many hundreds of resellers.

If you go to the OpenSRS.net website, for each TLD you are interested in there is a list of resellers available.

This is not a comprehensive list of resellers, but a listing of resellers that have requested to be listed under a specific TLD.

-t

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious why you guys would still go for OpenSRS when GoDaddy and NameBargain charge for US$8.95 and US$8.88 respectively. From my experience, NameBargain's customer service really sucks (though courteous), but I don't see much difference between GoDaddy and OpenSRS' resellers.

Input welcome.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A huge advantage with OpenSRS over GoDaddy is there is no charge for transfers or changes, whereas GoDaddy and many others charge for that service.

OpenSRS also offers quick and easy online transfers and free online changes via a control panel and other benefits all done free and in real-time. :)

Plus, places like GoDaddy (in addition to fees), make it very difficult to change ownership and transfer names, sometimes blocking the transfers for no apparent reason, or even going as far as saying the transfer was cancelled, when it was not. They may also require notorized and written documents, a big hassle.

It's alleged that may be done in a desperate attempt to avoid losing the registration to another firm. I know this happens all the time. :mad: It's happening right now on a name purchased by me from Timechange!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Open SRS Reseller Link - http://www.webfirms.com "

Most transfers to us are coming from registrars who are cheaper than we are - the rest are almost all NetSol.

Draw your own conclusions.

-t

Personally I have had no problems with Stargate. They had no automation for a transfer to them from an Australian registrar though.

Dave, plz check your email.

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames
A huge advantage with OpenSRS over GoDaddy is there is no charge for transfers or changes, whereas GoDaddy and many others charge for that service.

Real -

You mean to say that godaddy will charge me to transfer the names I have with them to another registrar ?

Simone

I think he meant transfers of ownership, i.e. selling a domain to someone else - GoDaddy currently charges $9.95 for it (they used to charge an outrageous $49.95) and requires an exchange of paperwork. Stargate charges nothing and they are paperless.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Plus, places like GoDaddy (in addition to fees), make it very difficult to change ownership and transfer names, sometimes blocking the transfers for no apparent reason, or even going as far as saying the transfer was cancelled, when it was not. They may also require notorized and written documents, a big hassle.

unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators