Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Own over 1,000 domains ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know what I mean when you have tons of domains expiring every month. What steps do you take to decide which to keep and which to let expire ? How do you determine which you'll be letting expire, if any ?

We need a tool to paste domains into like WatchMyDomains that checks for various factors automatically and reports which domains are most likely worth keeping.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One way of deciding is to check to see if COM/NET/ORG/CO.UK/INFO/BIZ are also registered and how many search engine results there are.

If you own more than 1,000 domains its to be hoped that you've had some sales and enquiries that have helped your judgement as to what makes a domain commercially viable. Traffic numbers are another metric you can use.

If the term is used by many companies as part of their trading description and/or trading name then its viable, as are *some* creative names if they fall into the short modification of generic category.

D

DaniilKharms

If you've had an enquiry about a domain, I would use that as a desicion to keep it.

Originally posted by DaniilKharms
If you've had an enquiry about a domain, I would use that as a desicion to keep it.

I hate that comment, the whole reason you buy domains is to sell it, not to bump the price up if someone shows an interest.
Thats the reason why the domain marketplace is where it is!

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, the original question:
How do you determine which you'll be letting expire
I'm with DaniilKharms, if I don't get any enquiries, or a decent number of hits, it will be expiring.

Lats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom