Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parked.com Purchases WhyPark

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mergers are never good. Fewer options - closer to monopolies. Parked.com already has a fully custom tool, enabled selectively. This appears to be a strategic acquisition move in order to eliminate a growing opposition.

Spot on Acro !

Domain Summit 2024

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sometimes a merger is better, as the company taken over in many cases would otherwise stop to exist (and keep the revenue...)

LucidPhoenix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was not a merger, it was an acquisition. From where I sit it looks like a win-win for customers of both companies, and could lead to some major synergies for the domain industry.

Good luck to all involved!

LucidPhoenix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to all parties involved.

Signing up for my free account now!

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've been a big fan of parked.com since day one

in just 3 years, they have come a long way... big props to Donny on the development of the biz

they did all the right things and have become one of the top 5 most popular parking companies around :)

now, whypark has been around for the same exact time that parked has been... 3 years solid

parked.com is now one of the top 5 parking companies in just 3 years... while most of it's competitors have been around 2x longer; ie, sedo, ds, trafficz, fabulous, etc.

whypark is, hmm.. how can i say this... a joke

if the service was actually useful or had any potential, i'd be their best client and the one all over it

i gave it a try... i spoke to people who used it for months and played around with it as much as they could afford to

it really doesn't work at the end of the day for various reasons

just look at reviews / discussions at some of the most popular webmaster boards (seo/sem) sections... it's all there for you

maybe some things will change now... you never know

prove me wrong on this

cheers!

Mike

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this correct - Domains now set up on whypark will feature the same yahoo feed that is presently used on parked.com? We no longer have to risk our own adsense?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smart move guys...bravo :smokin:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Focus I hear you'll be the WhyInhale pres? :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does'nt everyone?

btw - I just want to take this opportunity to say Parked.com rocks...like you did'nt already know that! lol

I do miss the heart to heart phone calls with Donny though on the drive home from work..I think it's time to start pestering him again about stats :evil: Considering they are taking over the Internet and all that jazz I hope our payouts will not take a hit. lol :eek:k:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not to mention the domain is available.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to both companies. Very smart move from Parked, following the ppc industry trend with a move that other larger companies have not even started considering yet.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this correct - Domains now set up on whypark will feature the same yahoo feed that is presently used on parked.com? We no longer have to risk our own adsense?

I am a bit confused, I set up a site and I see no ads on it whatsoever? Am I missing something?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I was in California all week so everything was crazy this week as you can imagine.

Acro - Contact me about the RSS feeds. We weren't trying to eliminate any opposition, what we are trying to do is improve our current system with this acquisition. At the end of the day, we purchased some very unique technology that we will be adding to parked over time, some very talented people, and a website in WhyPark.com that needed someway to make money.

WhyInhale.com, now that's a domain. :)

mike031 - I do agree WhyPark was not what everybody wanted it to be in the past. But give me a few weeks and I'll see if I change some of the impressions. WhyPark does not create sites like you do for your clients, WhyPark is designed to create mass content based sites. So they are kind of in between a full parking site and development.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom