Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Parking at domainnamesales.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just moved about 75 parked domain names from Sedo to Domainnamesales.com and have made more money in one day of parking at domainnames.com than 30 days at Sedo. Most of my names are dotca. I am never going to be able to live on 75 parked domains but it is nice to see an increase.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't know they offered a parking service until now. Thanks for starting this thread. Just spoke with Frank and joined. Nice fellow.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Our company was one of the first ones to work with the platform when he made it open to outsiders, and we have about 7500 domains in the system now.

While it is not perfect, it is an all-round strong platform and it really delivers for parking earnings for many types of domains, especially for good type-in traffic and strong keywords. If you have hundreds of domains which have appeal to buyers as end-users, it would makes sense for you to load their app for Apple devices.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was ready to sign up but after reading the terms and conditions I changed my mind, like your stuck with a 1 year contract which automatically resigns you up for the next year, when can you escape, I,m not sure what this means, does it mean you keep your domains there for a year and cannot go elsewhere if the platform sucks,and if there is less then $500, they don,t pay out, is it wire transfer only, as i could not find a paypal option?
I could not understand all the legal twist in the contract so I,m out!

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was ready to sign up but after reading the terms and conditions I changed my mind, like your stuck with a 1 year contract which automatically resigns you up for the next year, when can you escape, I,m not sure what this means, does it mean you keep your domains there for a year and cannot go elsewhere if the platform sucks,and if there is less then $500, they don,t pay out, is it wire transfer only, as i could not find a paypal option?
I could not understand all the legal twist in the contract so I,m out!

At the start the accounts were approved personally and the portfolios checked manually, but now that the system is open to almost anyone, they want to make sure the people who sign up for accounts are serious and do not create more costs than revenues. Their requirements are reasonable and fair.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I'm pleased to say that parking my undeveloped domains at Internettraffic.com has been a good experience. I've made more revenue in 14 days with them as compared to a year at Sedo. Quite pleased.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for those offers but one site that made me 6 cents in a year at Sedo has made over $5 in one month at DNS. (mygo) dotca

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's pathetic!

I didn't have many names parked there. Parking is the last resort for me, I'd rather build my own webpage or point the domain to a related page. I'm parking more names at DNS but just to check traffic, and see if I get a pickup in enquiries or sales. So far so good.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe domain parking isn't dead. Maybe it's domain-parking-too-many-men-in-the-middle that's dead. Glad to hear so many are doing well at Domain Name Sales after seeing such a drop in PPC over the past few years. I just might have to give them a try.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I only ever got 1 to 3 cents per click at Sedo. Anywhere else it ranges, but at Sedo always 3 cents or less for me...

Interesting. My highest click was around $6 parking it on a minisite with a dedicated server.

Hopefully this new parking service doesn't take a huge percentage from the advertisement feed (which one are the using and what's their percentage?)

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My highest click was around $6 parking it on a minisite with a dedicated server.

Hopefully this new parking service doesn't take a huge percentage from the advertisement feed (which one are the using and what's their percentage?)

You will not get an exact answer to that any more than with any other service, but this is the whole point: Frank already had the volume to expand his Yahoo and Google upstream with a favourable revenue share and has such sufficient scale to have very low costs. As a result, more money is paid to the parking business, which in turn pays far more to its partners.

It appears that some parking companies have been skimming clicks or repricing the clicks to show so little revenue that it would not be worth parking in the first place. Yet that industry is able to pay overrides and run promotions when they claim to be earning just pennies. If they had not been taking the majority of the money for themselves all that time, there would have been no place for InternetTraffic to come along to simply take over the market.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNS has paid me over $3 click on some clicks and I am quite happy with that!

I am curious though, the reason I pulled this thread up is about a week ago I have experienced about almost a 75% drop in traffic, but not necessarily revenue. I am wondering if they have better perfected blocking bot traffic. On all my live sites there is pretty much nothing I can do to stop MSN from crawling them constantly [no affiliation with DNF user MSN...sorry MSN]. I'm all for only seeing real type-in traffic stats, has anyone else noticied this?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Somewhat intrigued now. Can someone PM me a parked page to see their layout?

Thanks

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not only is DomainNameSales' per-click $ a lot higher than most places I've used, but I just got my first purchase offer, only a week after moving my portfolio there. (It was a $xx offer on a domain I'm looking to sell for high $xxx, but it's a start, & I hadn't gotten unsolicited offers anywhere else for a while.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom